Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UL Bug

This may be covered in the UL bugs thread, but I honestly can't look through 62 pages of bugs to see.

I sent my sim to university, all went fine, he finished his first two terms when back for his final term and I decided to take a bucket load of photos with his phone to take back as uni memories. All photos were taken, but none of them went home with him. I didn't lose any other items in transit, nor did I have any other problems with university, I just lost all the photos he had taken with his phone. Is anyone aware if this is a known bug? I know I'm getting off pretty light in comparison to other people's issues. I'm playing with Overwatch installed as well as the Story Progression mod and have the most up to date versions of both.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2013
    It's a known bug. Take any and all pictures out of either the camera or the smartphone and pop them in your sim's inventory before travelling. All pictures should then be safe.
  • SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2013
    I just got UL this weekend. When my Sim first got a bf at college, I took a picture of them and put it on her wall. Then I added it to my inventory. Now when I take pictures nothing shows up. (She is now graduated and married.) I checked right after taking a picture, so my Sim hadn't moved.
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    This may not be relevant, OP, but the wishes do the same thing. If you are in either world and lock down one of the wishes..thinking it will be good to fill it after you switch towns back and forth, they changed into the ones you had before you left and vice versa. They don't stay locked.

Example: If my Sim is at home and wants to have baby, I lock it, then send to Uni town. When she gets there the wants are changed back to what she had 'before' she left the Uni town.

It is extremely annoying. I figure the pictures work the same way. You won't have them at home or vice versa, only while you are in those worlds where you first took the pics..or maybe these bugs aren't related at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Kaysey78999Kaysey78999 Posts: 173 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Arletta is right. I had the same issue the 1st time I played the game and I was shocked, and a little upset, when my sim got back from university and none of her pictures with friends were on her phone.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've found that if I take pictures, put them up on the wall and then put them in my sim's inventory, they are there when she arrives back home. I do the same with all the pictures I have my sim paint, books written, etc. As long as they are in her inventory, they arrive home with her. I've done this with at least a dozen sims now. (Yeah, I go through sims really rapidly.....LOL) HTH

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've had to start doing this with all photos when they go on holidays just to make sure that I still have them later. Slightly disappointing resurrection of a previous bug. Hope they fix this once and for all with the new patch. Which I'm hoping arrives very, very soon as some people are having game breaking issues since UL and Patch 1.50. I'm lucky because I use various mods to combat the major issues, but really none of the major issues existing should be happening on a sold finished product. Minor bugs, fine, but game breaking bugs no.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley