Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Is an iPad game, Read All About It?

Comments

• AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Maybe you all are missing the irony. A site copies and pastes the news from SimVIP about TS4 but calls it an iPad game. SimsVIP never stated it was a fake iPad game. :?

SimsVIP doesn't tell players right away their fake announcement is a joke. Others run with what they have posted.

When they do post it is a joke, but it's too late. It's everywhere on the net. But nowhere did SimsVIP say it was an iPad game.

Sometime ago, Infinite Sims leaks an employee tweeted he/she was working on TS4. SimsVIP carries that story, and so does another legit site.

However, SimsVIP never corrects this rumor. But the other legit site does, and admits they got it from Infinite Sims and it was a hoax.

Of course, SimsVIP has posted very legit stuff that did come true..however, I'm not exactly convinced anymore, since then (reading archives of another sites confessions) that these pics have anything to do with TS4 or any 'new' Sims game.

Sims Vip is a fansite that gives news about the sims franchise. Just like anyone who does that there are chances that some news is going to be false. It's comes down to you being responsible and looking into the facts. Also, actually reading the articles themselves. You'll see that Sims Vip never posted the pictures and said this is actually sims 4, no they said could this possibly be the UI? Suggesting in the title it's a question and possibility not a definite. Which people took as soon as they saw it as factual. That is not Sims VIP fault that is your own. As any Fansite does and even the developers do the do April fool's Joke on the fans sometimes lol it's for comedy. Have a sense of humor and not take a joke so seriously it doesn't discredit them. Many of the writers on there write with humorous connotations. It doesn't discredit them as a sight.

The same way you took this article about the ipad as real instead of actually reading and finding if that the information was false. It wasn't till people had to point out to you the clues as to why the article was not legit. That article also has nothing to do with sims vip. Anyone can take anything they post on their site and twist it into their own agenda.

Also rather than get information from someone elses mouth why not wait til some official announcements from the sims team?

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Maybe you all are missing the irony. A site copies and pastes the news from SimVIP about TS4 but calls it an iPad game. SimsVIP never stated it was a fake iPad game. :?

SimsVIP doesn't tell players right away their fake announcement is a joke. Others run with what they have posted.

When they do post it is a joke, but it's too late. It's everywhere on the net. But nowhere did SimsVIP say it was an iPad game.

Sometime ago, Infinite Sims leaks an employee tweeted he/she was working on TS4. SimsVIP carries that story, and so does another legit site.

However, SimsVIP never corrects this rumor. But the other legit site does, and admits they got it from Infinite Sims and it was a hoax.

Of course, SimsVIP has posted very legit stuff that did come true..however, I'm not exactly convinced anymore, since then (reading archives of another sites confessions) that these pics have anything to do with TS4 or any 'new' Sims game.

Missing the irony?

Cinebar, here's the irony for you: Where's your evidence of the claim about the tweet being fake? I just googled it, and I can't find any, yet I can find several legitimate sites stating that the tweet is real. So, where is your proof? SimsVIP has their's and has admitted to being wrong in the past.

So, if you have proof, post the links. As it stands... I'm just reading someone who doesn't know everything that is going on unfairly attacking a site with a very good reputation for being factual on screens that the posting website admits might not even be in the actual game and openly states are pre-production mock-ups and thus not real screens of a game to begin with.

Edit: And I just found evidence against you.

http://www.beyondsims.com/36666/farewell-infinite-sims/

You couldn't have just read that confession, since the site in question has been offline for more than a year.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

It was APRIL FOOLS DAY. That day typically of the year where ppl play jokes on each other. To give the article legitimacy they make it seem like they've been told that TS4 is on the Ipad. They don't have a legitimate source at all. We know this. Everyone wants news of TS4, if it exists, if it doesn't. The devs aren't even allowed to comment on it. To make that article seem real they had to put something that didn't appear on SimsVIP.

What about this Patrick Kelly, who you're conviniently ignoring. That very first image on SimsVIP, whether you believe it is or isn't connected to TS4, he said he worked on The Sims 4. I'll ask you again, what are his reasons for telling an untruth such as that one?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Missing the irony?

Cinebar, here's the irony for you: Where's your evidence of the claim about the tweet being fake? I just googled it, and I can't find any, yet I can find several legitimate sites stating that the tweet is real. So, where is your proof? SimsVIP has their's and has admitted to being wrong in the past.

So, if you have proof, post the links. As it stands... I'm just reading someone who doesn't know everything that is going on unfairly attacking a site with a very good reputation for being factual on screens that the posting website admits might not even be in the actual game and openly states are pre-production mock-ups and thus not real screens of a game to begin with.

You couldn't have just read that confession, since the site in question has been offline for more than a year.

Tanya,
    Sorry I don't know how to just quote part of your paragraphs. I'm a noob when it comes to using this stie. I don't even have spell check on here.

Anyhow, I do believe I had discussed this info with Urosh sometime back in another thread. I had explained to him I had ran across another site's confession they had gotten the twitter info from another site. At the time of that conversation I couldn't recall what the site's name was that had pulled the hoax.

I stated I would probably remember the originator of the tweet info around midnight..you know when you are falling asleep..or too late to get up and post. I did remember the name today. 'InfiniteSims'.

But today I have forgotten the legit site that confessed way back in their archives they got the info from InfiniteSims..darn it, I have such short term memory problems!

However, I had explained to Urosh, I read all this more than a year ago...not on InfiniteSim's site, but the one that has the info in their archives. If anyone recalls the name of the site I mentioned in that thread I will be happy to research for the links where those sites pulled a hoax.

I'm not bashing SimsVIP, however, I have to wonder if they didn't feel this was legit stuff about a new Sims' game, why they would even bother and just chuck it up to not worth trouble. As the other person on here pointed out to you in another thread on her 'conspiracy' thread..it is two months or less to E3.

I have no idea if the UI is for TS4, an iPad game, or not even legit..but I have to wonder why SimsVIP not knowing either would post it..since they don't normally post anything they haven't determined could and does happen for The Sims. :?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited April 2013
    Arletta,

An employee of EA can't state what games they worked on if they aren't announced. EA will sue their socks off. Even if he is no longer employeed, that is a fact. So, either he is a liar as you have stated, and or it is true and he didn't care. But if he is a liar, knowing he is going to be sued to announce a game EA hasn't even remotely acknowleged, then SimsVIP shouldn't have posted his info. First, he is now on EA's list of individual's to be sued, if it is all true, and SimsVIP outted him,..or SimsVIP should know better if it is true! and if not, knowing EA will sue your socks off in a heart beat when you for leaking any info about anything they are doing...or it is on purpose..by EA, or SimsVIP shouldn't have posted info from a liar..

Take your choice.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Missing the irony?

Tanya,
    Sorry I don't know how to just quote part of your paragraphs. I'm a noob when it comes to using this stie. I don't even have spell check on here.

Anyhow, I do believe I had discussed this info with Urosh sometime back in another thread. I had explained to him I had ran across another site's confession they had gotten the twitter info from another site. At the time of that conversation I couldn't recall what the site's name was that had pulled the hoax.

I stated I would probably remember the originator of the tweet info around midnight..you know when you are falling asleep..or too late to get up and post. I did remember the name today. 'InfiniteSims'.

But today I have forgotten the legit site that confessed way back in their archives they got the info from InfiniteSims..darn it, I have such short term memory problems!

However, I had explained to Urosh, I read all this more than a year ago...not on InfiniteSim's site, but the one that has the info in their archives. If anyone recalls the name of the site I mentioned in that thread I will be happy to research for the links where those sites pulled a hoax.

I'm not bashing SimsVIP, however, I have to wonder if they didn't feel this was legit stuff about a new Sims' game, why they would even bother and just chuck it up to not worth trouble. As the other person on here pointed out to you in another thread on her 'conspiracy' thread..it is two months or less to E3.

I have no idea if the UI is for TS4, an iPad game, or not even legit..but I have to wonder why SimsVIP not knowing either would post it..since they don't normally post anything they haven't determined could and does happen for The Sims. :?

The info is a legitimate pre-production mock-up. It's legit exactly that far, and SimsVIP only stated it is legit exactly that far and outright stated it might not be legit any farther.

As for why it was posted: It's not about E3 and there's no conspiracy involved. People are making a lot of assumptions about the why, when the why itself is not important for what the info actually reveals. The only people who should really be worried about why it was posted all work for EA.

What does the info actually reveal? They're working on Sims 4. It reveals that, for as much as some claim that tweet was a hoax, it was actually legit. It also reveals that the movement of personnel to other projects related to the Sims series was very important.

Really, all it does is confirm what we've known all along: Sims 4 is coming. We have no idea when, or what it will look like, or what it will contain... but it is coming. The rest of the conversation people are having about it is just a waste of time and blowing it out of proportion.
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    Do people still think TS4 is not in production? :lol:

Come on. So many job offers for "Future The Sims game that will be EA's greatest project so far", two major SimGurus switching over to a new team (one of them even worked on The Sims 2 AND The Sims 3), developer's tweet (guy who tweeted he worked on a Sim for TS4 actually worked on pre-made Sims for TS3 as well, so he's real) etc.

There are so many things that point to TS4 being both in development and after recent Sims 3 events such as announcing whole lineup, I'm convinced it's TS3's end as well.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sims vip never posted the info as factual. They just posted as information they've found that's the point. Left it up to the player to decide. Remember they used personal words like "I believe", possible, might, and even said it was a mock up design. These words state that the information is not factual but of opinion and speculation. If that's the case why shouldn't they post it as a fansite? Other fansites also speculate and look for clues, and on top of that, let's not forget many editorials in real life news also speculate and place their own opinion in the articles.

I don't think there has to be a choice here at all about the website. Just you're free to have an opinion on the article. I chose not to agree with her opinion on the information she provided and chalked it up to speculation. Others chose to side with her opinion, however let's not get into treating it as they were posting it as factual. Nothing i've read so far suggests that.
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Arletta,

An employee of EA can't state what games they worked on if they aren't announced. EA will sue their socks off. Even if he is no longer employeed, that is a fact. So, either he is a liar as you have stated, and or it is true and he didn't care. But if he is a liar, knowing he is going to be sued to announce a game EA hasn't even remotely acknowleged, then SimsVIP shouldn't have posted his info. First, he is now on EA's list of individual's to be sued, if it is all true, and SimsVIP outted him,..or SimsVIP should know better if it is true! and if not, knowing EA will sue your socks off in a heart beat when you for leaking any info about anything they are doing...or it is on purpose..by EA, or SimsVIP shouldn't have posted info from a liar..

Take your choice.

Option C: He had something in his contract that prevented it or the leak itself was not considered a serious threat, so they either reduced his pay or fired him for it.
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Arletta,

Take your choice.

I'm not the one that believes he and/or SimsVIP are telling untruths. I'm not the one taking a distorted and stolen article, made as a joke and taking it as fact. I don't believe that anybody is aiming to mislead anybody.

I believe that if SimsVIP are touting it as possible TS4 UI shots then it's possible that they are TS4 UI shots. I believe that they would be well verified before they said anything. I also know that ppl are prone to making mistakes and am not going to be judge, jury and executioner to a site if they do have things wrong. It's only a possible, not a definate.

What you choose to believe is up to you. That you're believing an article that I know is a copy and paste (barring the bit about ipad) from the said same site actually says more about you than it does about me.

In this instance, I believe you to be the one who has things wrong, nobody else.
    edited April 2013
    Why would SimsVIP post a UI pic and some pics and not the actual videos from the man's site knowing he will be sued by EA if it is true. If that is the case, I feel I have the right to be disappointed, losing repect for them..just to get hits on their site. EA will sue this guy if it is all true.

If it is not true, (he stated he worked on Sims 4) then they shouldn't have posted what they were unsure was a lie or truth. It seems to me if it is true the man would have simply stated he worked on upcoming unannounced Sim titles...regardless if they are mobile or for PC.

First of all, the man wouldn't be able to go to an interview and tell another company like EA's arch enemy Blizz/Activision, he was working on TS4..he would have to say he had recently been working on UI mockups of upcoming progjects. Or EA will sue his socks off.

If EA will sue you for posting something on YouTube that uses their music (not yet released in games) and or anything else then what do you think they will do to a man that blatently announced he has been working on TS4?
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Why would SimsVIP post a UI pic and some pics and not the actual videos from the man's site knowing he will be sued by EA if it is true. If that is the case, I feel I have the right to be disappointed, losing repect for them..just to get hits on their site. EA will sue this guy if it is all true.

If it is not true, (he stated he worked on Sims 4) then they shouldn't have posted what they were unsure was a lie or truth. It seems to me if it is true the man would have simply stated he worked on upcoming unannounced Sim titles...regardless if they are mobile or for PC.

First of all, the man wouldn't be able to go to an interview and tell another company like EA's arch enemy Blizz/Activision, he was working on TS4..he would have to say he had recently been working on UI mockups of upcoming progjects. Or EA will sue his socks off.

If EA will sue you for posting something on YouTube that uses their music (not yet released in games) and or anything else then what do you think they will do to a man that blatently announced he has been working on TS4?

The why's don't matter. They would've been fairly certain of things before they posted it. They're not stupid. They know EA would be on 'em like a ton of bricks were they to get things wrong. Heck knows, they still might. It wouldn't be the first time EA has made them remove things.

You don't have a right to be disappointed in them. It wasn't stated as fact. It was posed to us as a question, not a fact. It was posted as possible pre-production. You're getting hung up on things that aren't relevent.

ETA: SimsVIP doesn't need hits on their site. They've this nice cool bar there now that tells you how many ppl are on the site. At any given time it can be anything from 60+.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Missing the irony?

She does know what it is. the file was EMAILED to her, and she sat on it for a little under a year. she knows exactly whats shes doing..
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Thats the question, why is she posting this now? does she have eas go-ahead or not? but she does know what it is and what shes doing, shes just not telling US.
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Thats the question, why is she posting this now? does she have eas go-ahead or not? but she does know what it is and what shes doing, shes just not telling US.

Trust me, the reason why is something that should only concern EA.
    edited April 2013
    Are y'all seriously implying EA got SimsVIP to post this in their favor?

They got nothing from this, only bunch of confused people who have no idea what's going on with the game or what they're seeing. :?
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Are y'all seriously implying EA got SimsVIP to post this in their favor?

They got nothing from this, only bunch of confused people who have no idea what's going on with the game or what they're seeing. :?

Meh. Personal belief is that denial is a strong emotion. If it can be proven that SimsVIP is not being either truthful or trustworthy then those in denial can continue denying that TS4 will have any online requirements, that EA will be sensible and give them an offline mode, will exist and so on.

ETA: I still find it to be the height of ironicy that in trying to disprove SimsVIP's post they're dragging out an 'article' that was mostly copied and pasted from SimsVIP.
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Trust me, the reason why is something that should only concern EA.
    Yeah truth, i dont really care, i just like the confusion and mystery of it all.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Zerbu, I found this one:
    Sims3evil.jpg

Same level of ugly :lol:

All the pictures I've seen on this thread look exactly like the sims 3 sims. Especially this one. Same ugly face, facial expression, and exact same hair. If it were sims 4, why would they look exactly like sims 3 including exact same hairstyle. I think Not. I Hope NOT!
    edited April 2013
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Zerbu, I found this one:
    Sims3evil.jpg

All the pictures I've seen on this thread look exactly like the sims 3 sims. Especially this one. Same ugly face, facial expression, and exact same hair. If it were sims 4, why would they look exactly like sims 3 including exact same hairstyle. I think Not. I Hope NOT!
    OMGGGG THANK YOU!!!
    everyones saying these pictures are "sooo ugly" but they look exactly the same as our sims now. ts3 sims are ugly regardless. theyre the worst.

but, no ones saying this is for sims 4. theyre just showing us the ui mock ups of ts3.
    edited April 2013
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Zerbu, I found this one:
    Sims3evil.jpg

Erm... user interface, not Sims. We were showing off user interface, buttons, menus, that white boxy look of it. It's NOTHING similar to what The Sims 3's UI looks like.
    edited April 2013
    Arletta,

What do you mean I don't have a right to be disappointed in SimsVIP. I certaintly do. I live in a free country. I am my own person, I can be dispointed about anything I want to feel shouldn't have happened.

My disappointment is in the fact they posted comments of man who states he is (at the time of his mock ups)/ (was) working on TS4, with his name..they didn't say a 'reliable source' or anything. They put his name out there for EA to see.

They held the UI picuture for a year,...what? until he quit EA? That doesn't relieve him from being in trouble with EA.

I just think they handled it wrong. They should have not released his name..all the mocks do is show someone was working on a simulated game..could have even been a modder's or young game company's simulated game ideas. :shock:

But they state as fact the guy was an employee of EA. That leads all of us to believe it is a new game (doesn't have to be the TS4) of Sims.

My disppointment is they released his name, the other site states EA is working an ipad game..ya they are big liars but they are not the only ones out there, either saying things like 'new' mobile game.etc.

ETA: They should never have put his name out there, unless EA gave the nod, or he emailed his stuff to her..or something just as crazy. Why would SimsVIP get someone in trouble with EA? To be honest I don't believe they would. So, either way, I'm disappointed.
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Arletta,

What do you mean I don't have a right to be disappointed in SimsVIP. I certaintly do. I live in a free country. I am my own person, I can be dispointed about anything I want to feel shouldn't have happened.

My disappointment is in the fact they posted comments of man who states he is (at the time of his mock ups)/ (was) working on TS4, with his name..they didn't say a 'reliable source' or anything. They put his name out there for EA to see.

They held the UI picuture for a year,...what? until he quit EA? That doesn't relieve him from being in trouble with EA.

I just think they handled it wrong. They should have not released his name..all the mocks do is show someone was working on a simulated game..could have even been a modder's or young game company's simulated game ideas. :shock:

But they state as fact the guy was an employee of EA. That leads all of us to believe it is a new game (doesn't have to be the TS4) of Sims.

My disppointment is they released his name, the other site states EA is working an ipad game..ya they are big liars but they are not the only ones out there, either saying things like 'new' mobile game.etc.

ETA: They should never have put his name out there, unless EA gave the nod, or he emailed his stuff to her..or something just as crazy. Why would SimsVIP get someone in trouble with EA? To be honest I don't believe they would. So, either way, I'm disappointed.

Cinebar, if you want to be disappointed, who am I to argue with you. After all my spending all day yesterday arguing with you made no odds. I'm really not going to go over it again today.

I will once again point out that the other site is NOT legitimate. There is no indication other than an unlegitimate source to say that the game is going to be an ipad game. They've already got Sims Freeplay in the app store, so why they'd want another one is beyond me.

I doubt anybody got in trouble with EA. I would assume that it had something to do with the wait, but when all is said and done I'm satisfied that it is only a possible UI, TS4 could look nothing like that and that SimsVIP did as much verifying as humanly possible. I accept that it could be a rumour, that it is none of my business in the long run and move on with my life.

I'm more disappointed in you, than anything. This whole topic is silly and is about labelling somebody else for reasons known only to you. I don't want to explore those reasons. I'm done. I'll watch from the sidelines.
    edited April 2013
    :?

I was comparing how stupid the other site was in copying word for word except for the 'ipad' part of what SimsVIP had written as gospel on a joke.

Then SimsVIP most definately leads people down the road that the UI and the pics the btw are for TS4. Look at the picutres in big bold letters when you look at them on their flickr page..it says The Sims 4 right under each picture.

Read the whole page on their site, not just excerpts posted on the I&F. She is almost confirming it is TS4..whoever wrote the article has in big bold letters 'Sims 4' under the pics, though she/he says not pay any attention to the pics.. :? and stresses the guy was an employee of EA..and nothing on his site should be taken as not factual..read his/her statements (SimsVIP) about his page< which conviently was taken down, btw.

It is almost if they are saying..look TS4.

ETA: Point in case the following quote is from SimsVIP stressing the guy that had the UI and the videos of a game on his public site stated he was working on TS4. The person below stresses to believe him.

'To give you a bit of background, Patrick Kelly has worked on projects such as The Sims 3 (PC), Spore (PC), SimAnimals (Wii), The Sims 3 (DS), and more. The “on-the-record” work and experience for Patrick Kelly, is only further confirmation that everything listed at his website was legit.'
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    :?

I was comparing how stupid the other site was in copying word for word except for the 'ipad' part of what SimsVIP had written as gospel on a joke.

Then SimsVIP most definately leads people down the road that the UI and the pics the btw are for TS4. Look at the picutres in big bold letters when you look at them on their flickr page..it says The Sims 4 right under each picture.

Read the whole page on their site, not just excerpts posted on the I&F. She is almost confirming it is TS4..whoever wrote the article has in big bold letters 'Sims 4' under the pics, though she/he says not pay any attention to the pics.. :? and stresses the guy was an employee of EA..and nothing on his site should be taken as not factual..read his/her statements (SimsVIP) about his page< which conviently was taken down, btw.

It is almost if they are saying..look TS4.

ETA: Point in case the following quote is from SimsVIP stressing the guy that had the UI and the videos of a game on his public site stated he was working on TS4. The person below stresses to believe him.

'To give you a bit of background, Patrick Kelly has worked on projects such as The Sims 3 (PC), Spore (PC), SimAnimals (Wii), The Sims 3 (DS), and more. The “on-the-record” work and experience for Patrick Kelly, is only further confirmation that everything listed at his website was legit.'

Cinebar, I am extremely disappointed in you as well.

Seriously, you are blowing this out of proportion and unfairly accusing SimsVIP of deception when it's entirely your own self-delusion that they intended the screens to be taken as anything than an old mock-up they found that confirms Sims 4 is coming. I mean, how would you like it if I accused you of trolling? I could pull a vast quantity of evidence from this very thread to support the claim, despite the fact we both know it is false. But, then, I would certainly manage to benefit from it...

And, did it occur to you to read the following bit on the SimsVIP article?
    Please Note: The photos below are showcasing the possible User Interface Design for The Sims 4. The images were posted by Patrick Kelly on his public website as an example of his work. The website was since deleted after EA was notified of the “leak”.

There is nothing else in the photos below that represent actual graphics, Sims, or gameplay, and the “mock up” designs may or may not make it to the final game. Again, the photos below were displayed to show off a “mock up” UI Design. Nothing more.

Note the part I bolded... they outright admit this is just a mock-up and not anything that might be seen in a game. A mock-up from years ago, from a guy who no longer works at EA and who was simply posting it to his website as examples of his own work. At no point does SimsVIP claim this is a mobile device UI (and where you got the idea it was is bizarre and seems to be based on your own assumptions of what a mobile device UI would look like), no where is there any evidence for this being a mobile device UI, and even what evidence it may be online is flimsy at best and based on symbols that could easily mean things a LOT differently than people are thinking (did it ever occur to anyone that, maybe, the world icon is how you view the neighborhood map and the conversation icon is to switch to conversation options?).

So, pretty much, you assumed that this is a mobile device UI, you assumed this was intended to be the actual UI of Sims 4, and you assumed SimsVIP must have some nefarious purpose in posting it... and then blamed SimsVIP for your assumptions.

That's why I'm disappointed in you. You should know better. I didn't expect you to do actions as blatantly stupid as unfairly attacking a website just because of your own assumptions. I am saddened to learn I was wrong.