Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Is an iPad game, Read All About It?

Comments

• Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited April 2013

Double post sorry :oops:
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Make that a triple :roll: :evil:

• Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2013
    Well, this sort of makes sense and maybe gives me a little more hope for Sims 4. I'm thinking the screenshots with the terrible graphics and social aspects are for some sort of iPad Sims game that has nothing to do with TS4. This could actually be a good thing. Let them branch out and make a social game for those who want it, then they can wow us with an amazing Sims 4 for PC.

I know I'm probably just dreaming... :-)
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    Even those adverse to an always online game will tolerate it for a game they'd like, as SC5 has proved. EA are going to ignore the vocal minority when it's proved we'll buy anyway. They're not going to make an apology for taking advantage of that. I would take advantage of that if I were them.
    No I actually I wouldn't. :? I tolerate the stuff we have now because I can turn it off and I DON'T have to interact with other players. After all that's why I didn't buy sims city 5. I am also 98% certain I won't be buying sims 4 either especially if it keeps going the way it seems too. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Except you would. Let's say hypothetically that TS4 has the open neighbourhood, open restaurants and businesses. You know full well that it's got an always online condition and cloud saving, but you really want the open neighbourhood along with the restaurants and businesses.

You did have TS2 and it's packs but you sold them because you got a new computer and TS2 didn't run properly on it. You got TS3 but you were really disappointed at the lack of open restaurants and businesses.

If TS4 had exactly what you wanted, even if you were opposed to it, you would buy it.

*fixed the quotes as best I could

ETA: SC5 you don't actually have to interact with anybody. You can play alone.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    No I wouldn't. And I have not sold my Ts2 thank you. I bought a new computer last summer and it wasn't for the sims I hadn't played them in 6 months and had no real desire too till supernatural came out! As for open neighborhoods businesses etc it still wouldn't make me buy it. If it was online optional then maybe I might consider it but online only not a chance.

Yes I know you don't have to play with other people in Sim City 5 but you do have to trust ea servers and cloud storage to not mess up and destroy your game. No thanks I trust my computer and my flashdrives more than I do that.

A far as being disappointed in the sims 3 not having open businesses or restaurants not so much I mean its not ideal but I'm not really that bothered by it. Now the seemingly never ending bugs they do rate disappointment.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    Even those adverse to an always online game will tolerate it for a game they'd like, as SC5 has proved. EA are going to ignore the vocal minority when it's proved we'll buy anyway. They're not going to make an apology for taking advantage of that. I would take advantage of that if I were them.
    No I actually I wouldn't. :? I tolerate the stuff we have now because I can turn it off and I DON'T have to interact with other players. After all that's why I didn't buy sims city 5. I am also 98% certain I won't be buying sims 4 either especially if it keeps going the way it seems too. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Except you would. Let's say hypothetically that TS4 has the open neighbourhood, open restaurants and businesses. You know full well that it's got an always online condition and cloud saving, but you really want the open neighbourhood along with the restaurants and businesses.

You did have TS2 and it's packs but you sold them because you got a new computer and TS2 didn't run properly on it. You got TS3 but you were really disappointed at the lack of open restaurants and businesses.

If TS4 had exactly what you wanted, even if you were opposed to it, you would buy it.

*fixed the quotes as best I could

ETA: SC5 you don't actually have to interact with anybody. You can play alone.

No Arletta, if it's online all the time and cloud saves, absolutely not. I still have all my ts2 games, I have a new computer that they run just fine on, and in fact, I am back playing ts2 over ts3 - even though I have all ep's, all sp's and many, many store sets - why? Because it's a much better game over all, for the way I play.

There is no reason on this good earth, whatsoever, that I will buy ts4 for any reason when I have the full sets of the other 3 games that all work just fine on my computer.

I have been a fan of The Sims franchise since the early 2000's and loved every minute of those games. But I will not waste my money on a game that I don't own. EA will stop supporting ts4 at some point down the road. If it's online all the time with cloud saves, then my game will be gone. No matter how good it is, if I can't go back and play it after it's done, then I'm not going to start playing it from the beginning. There's no point.

Yeah, right now I do buy almost everything sims, but it's not b/c it's a sims game, it's b/c I enjoy what I have and like to add to it. But if they change the "ownership" aspect of it, and only do server/cloud saves, then I'm done.

That is an absolute deal breaker for me.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2013
    I very much doubt this.

After looking at the pictures again, I think these are not what the Sims 4 will look like at all.

Some of the backgrounds look like The Sims 3 and these Sims pasted onto them. Really, all of the backgrounds look drawn by artists from TS3. The Sims look a bit like The Sims 3, but worse - they were using these pictures to simply draw out and test new UIs.

The UI of a game changes a LOT before its release. Take a look at The Sims 2. Too lazy to find it, but it changed over five times. It first looked like a weird copy of The Sims 1, but ended up looking much greater in the end.

My opinion has really changed on all of this - I see it no more than a test to see how the blue plumbob idea would work along with the new interface.

It's simply an artists impression of what he's using to design this new UI - as someone on SimsVIP said.
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2013
    windweaver wrote:
    No Arletta, if it's online all the time and cloud saves, absolutely not. I still have all my ts2 games, I have a new computer that they run just fine on, and in fact, I am back playing ts2 over ts3 - even though I have all ep's, all sp's and many, many store sets - why? Because it's a much better game over all, for the way I play...

That is an absolute deal breaker for me.

Same here. In fact, I have already stopped buying Sims games. I haven't bought anything from EA in several years. This is the first SimCity in the whole series that I didn't buy. I didn't even buy TS3 - a simmer friend sent it to me or I would never have bought even the base game, because the Sims look like pudding. I am perfectly happy playing Sims 2 (which runs beautifully on my new gaming computer, by the way).

I was hoping EA would amaze me and win me back with Sims 4. But if it's online and I can't play it as a single player and save it to my own PC (I refuse to put hours into building and getting attached to Sims, then trust them to EA's servers), I most definitely will not buy Sims 4. The days of my buying every Sims game are long over.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    I very much doubt this.

After looking at the pictures again, I think these are not what the Sims 4 will look like at all.

Some of the backgrounds look like The Sims 3 and these Sims pasted onto them. Really, all of the backgrounds look drawn by artists from TS3. The Sims look a bit like The Sims 3, but worse - they were using these pictures to simply draw out and test new UIs.

The UI of a game changes a LOT before its release. Take a look at The Sims 2. Too lazy to find it, but it changed over five times. It first looked like a weird copy of The Sims 1, but ended up looking much greater in the end.

My opinion has really changed on all of this - I see it no more than a test to see how the blue plumbob idea would work along with the new interface.

It's simply an artists impression of what he's using to design this new UI - as someone on SimsVIP said.

The article itself actually kinda says it as well, in a way; it's a between-the-lines thing.

And the someone on SimsVIP is WhipperWhirl, the new writer they have over there.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    No, Arletta, there are many of us that never sold or ditched our TS1 games, never even uninstalled TS2, and some of us don't even buy every EP for this game. Because they aren't offering what we had hoped would be in those EPs.

We have discriminating taste. :mrgreen: Just because it says Sims on the box doesn't mean we go for it. If it's lame, then it's lame.

In John R's statement to others at EA, two weeks before he resigned, he commented on how proud he was of everyone for taking EA into the digital (online only) gaming realm, very proud it produces 1.5 billion$..EA's number one goal (all games online)...he admits his mistakes but nowhere does anyone at EA say 'geez..maybe we should step back and not go that route'. They are bent on going that route.

Online only is a deal breaker...but as I have already pointed out EA doesn't care..they brag about other players that will fill the gap and point to how much revenue it Origin, and their online only games are raking in..without those of us that won't buy.

Even if TS4 is everything I ever wanted..I play at times where there isn't a connection, and I like it that way...and I know it is another world from where I am coming from, but what really irks me is the fact EA doesn't care to listen to people like me.

It's online or nothing for them. No doubt, you may be able to buy a DVD version of TS4 but just like WOW, I bet you have to download thru a EADM (Origin) and have to stay connected.

Let's hope the game on SimsVIP is just a separate iPad game and not the TS4 we would like to have, but since EA stole two devs from Activision that gave them cooperate/developer secrets it's hard to say what EA will do with The Sims series.

You see some of that developing technics in other EA games..maybe even in EA's new flagship Music game..Zya or something..so who knows what they gained by obtaining such secrets and those two guys..in no way related to the Sims Studios but they could take The Sims in a whole new direction. It is rummored Shannon and Trev are working on a new game..maybe TS4, but with EA's current releases all online only it leaves us little hope.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    Well, it could be a cross-platform game, but not the version we saw. Did you see the cursor? The other article was a joke, a bad one at that...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Well, it could be a cross-platform game, but not the version we saw. Did you see the cursor? The other article was a joke, a bad one at that...

Yes, but I wasn't referring to what the game contained. I meant to point out SimsVIP released a devs picture of a UI mock up of a Sims game that looks closely related to console or iPad games, and the article though copied from SimsVIP's April Fool's joke stated the next game would be an 'iPad' game.

Forget the description..I just found the two (the fake announcement of the 'ipad' game) and the Devs UI mock up curious...adding weight to each other. Even though the other site offered no proof of it being an iPad game..why did they say it was an iPad game when SimsVIP didn't even comment on their joke it was an iPad game?

And, now, (SimsVIP) they released pics of what looks like a work up for an iPad game. The time between the two doesn't matter, the fake article is from 2012..but calls it an iPad game, why wouldn't they call it simply TS4?

And why would SimsVIP go to so much trouble to fool players in their April fool's joke...(hahah funny) and then hope we would believe what we are seeing from them now?

Pictures from a Dev that no longer works at EA that leans toward what looks like a non PC game.

ETA: Btw, I know SimsVIP said scratch the pics because they were from a long time ago..but look real close, they look like TS1 Sims mixed over TS2 Sims or viceversa. Look at all of them..though we aren't even supposed to consider the Sims in the pics..TS1 mixed with TS2 Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:

Yes, but I wasn't referring to what the game contained. I meant to point out SimsVIP released a devs picture of a UI mock up of a Sims game that looks closely related to console or iPad games, and the article though copied from SimsVIP's April Fool's joke stated the next game would be an 'iPad' game.

Forget the description..I just found the two (the fake announcement of the 'ipad' game) and the Devs UI mock up curious...adding weight to each other. Even though the other site offered no prove..why did they say it was an iPad game when SimsVIP didn't even comment on their joke it was an iPad game? And now they released pics of what looks like a work up for an iPad game. The time between the two doesn't matter, the fake article is from 2012..but calls it an iPad game, why wouldn't they call it simply TS4? And why would SimsVIP go to so much trouble to fool players in their April's fool joke...(hahah funny) and then hope we would believe what we are seeing from them now?

Pictures from a Dev that no longer works at EA.

I bolded the important part.

What makes everyone think this is a UI they will actually use? They probably did half a dozen mock-ups and these pics are of one of the ones they didn't use.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Tanya, that is the very reason I said in another thread I am losing respect for SimsVIP. The old article has been out there as long as the April Fool's joke from SimsVIP. Calling the next game an iPad game with a copy from SimsViP.

And the SimsVip released just recently pics from a Dev no longer employeed...I say this because Infinite Sims (I am almost 99% sure) is the site that admitted no one ever tweeted an employee was working on TS4..it was a hoax, but SimsVIP and the other one, ran with the story.

Rumor mills run amuck.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    As two people have pointed out in this thread, some of the screenshots had a cursor, which would not be needed for an iPad game. Also, regarding the possibility that it's only there because it's an emulation, it's actually not an emulation according to the description, it's a flash mock-up, so everything, including the cursor, was added manually.
    Cinerbar wrote:
    The old article has been out there as long as the April Fool's joke from SimsVIP.

The date on the article says:
    29-Jun-2012

The SimsVIP article was written on April 1st 2012 (April Fools Day), those are just under three months apart.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Tanya, that is the very reason I said in another thread I am losing respect for SimsVIP. The old article has been out there as long as the April Fool's joke from SimsVIP. Calling the next game an iPad game with a copy from SimsViP.

And the SimsVip released just recently pics from a Dev no longer employeed...I say this because Infinite Sims (I am almost 99% sure) is the site that admitted no one ever tweeted an employee was working on TS4..it was a hoax, but SimsVIP and the other one, ran with the story.

Rumor mills run amuck.

Perhaps that's why the wait then. Perhaps the person who sent the email didn't want to be fired and not want others not employing them. If it's released after they've stopped working at EA then there's no issue.

So which one of us missed the HYPOTHETICALLY in my previous statement? Obviously I know for some that it's going to be a deal breaker, but for others not so. The ones that say it's a deal breaker are going to be less than those who will buy because it's got what you want.

ETA: What Tanya said *points downward*
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Rumor mills run amuck.

Is it possible you're missing pieces of what's actually going on, don't know the full reasons behind what has been done, and are casting unfair aspirations upon the nature of a website? You are losing respect for SimsVIP, but you don't know why the story was posted or exactly what purposes posting it actually served.

Is it possible this act that, for you, seemingly deserves a loss of respect is actually an act well worth respecting?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Exactly,

And if you consider the fake announcement in my link ran with what SimsVIP wrote on April Fool's day 2012, and SimsVIP is stating they have held onto this new mock up and pics for a long time...perhaps the other site also knew of those fake mockups and decided to call it an iPad game but couldn't release the pics..and or both came to the same conclusion..after seeing the Devs site pics.

The point is I'm not biting this time, SimsVIP. It could be an iPad game as the other fake site claims, or it could be something totally unrelated to Sims 4...maybe even old mock ups of TS2 or TS3...not going to swallow what SimsVIP has released so far about this UI.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Rumor mills run amuck.

Is it possible you're missing pieces of what's actually going on, don't know the full reasons behind what has been done, and are casting unfair aspirations upon the nature of a website? You are losing respect for SimsVIP, but you don't know why the story was posted or exactly what purposes posting it actually served.

Is it possible this act that, for you, seemingly deserves a loss of respect is actually an act well worth respecting?

This is why I got annoyed in the first place. You're basically saying SimsVIP is no longer trustworthy on very flimsy evidence. There's very probably a perfectly logical reason why it was sat on for as long as it was.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Exactly,

And if you consider the fake announcement in my link ran with what SimsVIP wrote on April Fool's day 2012, and SimsVIP is stating they have held onto this new mock up and pics for a long time...perhaps the other site also knew of those fake mockups and decided to call it an iPad game but couldn't release the pics..and or both came to the same conclusion..after seeing the Devs site pics.

The point is I'm not biting this time, SimsVIP. It could be an iPad game as the other fake site claims, or it could be something totally unrelated to Sims 4...maybe even old mock ups of TS2 or TS3...not going to swallow what SimsVIP has released so far about this UI.

That still doesn't explain why the article uses information from an April Fools joke for what's supposed to be a truthful article.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    Lol you could tell that article was bogus from the first paragraph when it says EA owns Diabolo 3. Everyone knows it's owned and run by Blizzard/Activision.

The rest is copy pasted for the sims vip April fool's joke. That's also not a legit news site for EA when they do their official announcements you'll know it'll be on their facebook and this website first.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Exactly,

And then we're back to the person who said that he worked on TS4 being a liar too. What's he got to gain out of lying.

(I still don't believe it's an ipad game but beside the point)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Exactly,

Except you're comparing an article using information from a SimsVIP April Fool's Joke (one SimsVIP dropped severe hints about being a joke and openly admitted it is) to an article about a UI taken from an actual developer website that depicts pre-production screens and which outright admits that it's possible nothing in the screens is actually a representation of what you'll see in Sims 4.

So, you're casting aspirations on them for waiting for months on info that was iffy at best and then, when they do release it, outright admitting the info is iffy and that what you're seeing in those shots might not be even close to what you see in game. And basically saying you shouldn't get too excited for them.

Nice to know you're willing to convict someone of dishonesty for being honest and not just rushing out a story that involves information that might not even be accurate for what you'll see in the game. And you're ignoring the possibility that SimsVIP spent all of these months trying to confirm the info before finally releasing it, and that when it was released it had more disclaimers on it than most nuclear reactors.

Seriously, Cinebar, what the hell?
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    It's not an Ipad app game do you know how much money would be lost if they decided that lol. Sims is a pc series, they my decide to make a side game for the ipad like they do for the other consoles but common sense will tell people that the series will continue on Pc because this is where sims is heavily played and get's most of its money.

At the very least i keep telling people let's wait til you get an official announcement and not jump at every little thing posted about sims 4. You're gonna go insane if you keep chasing after the wind.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Maybe you all are missing the irony. A site copies and pastes the news from SimVIP about TS4 but calls it an iPad game. SimsVIP never stated it was a fake iPad game. :?

SimsVIP doesn't tell players right away their fake announcement is a joke. Others run with what they have posted.

When they do post it is a joke, but it's too late. It's everywhere on the net. But nowhere did SimsVIP say it was an iPad game.

Sometime ago, Infinite Sims leaks an employee tweeted he/she was working on TS4. SimsVIP carries that story, and so does another legit site.

However, SimsVIP never corrects this rumor. But the other legit site does, and admits they got it from Infinite Sims and it was a hoax.

Of course, SimsVIP has posted very legit stuff that did come true..however, I'm not exactly convinced anymore, since then (reading archives of another sites confessions) that these pics have anything to do with TS4 or any 'new' Sims game.