Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats, dogs and horses

Any ideas how this EP will work with pets ... can we have pets on the houseboats ?
If my sim swims to an island, will his pet follow or will I have to hire a "nanny" like in WA ?

Comments

• HalloweenCandyHalloweenCandy Posts: 154
    edited April 2013
    Pets can come on houseboats, no information on if they will be able to have access to the ocean.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    Pets can come on houseboats, no information on if they will be able to have access to the ocean.

Will horses be able to come on houseboats? Maybe if you have one with a lower deck ("basement")? It would be nice to have a horse to explore some of the remote islands -- might even get me playing with horses again (I just gave my current Sim a dog and have been having a lot more fun than before).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited April 2013
    Was this confirmed? This is the first I've heard about it. :?: I'm just asking, because it would be awesome to have dogs and cats on houseboats.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited April 2013
    I really don't see why dogs & cats wouldn't be able to get on a boat.
    If Sims can walk from land onto boat why can't animals? Unless they
    have to climb a ladder. Swimming in the ocean would be cool, though.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    Was this confirmed? This is the first I've heard about it. :?: I'm just asking, because it would be awesome to have dogs and cats on houseboats.

If your houseboat is your only house, I don't see why not -- still not sure about horses though.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited April 2013
    I REALLY think dogs should be able to swim in lakes and the ocean--anywhere human sims can. Seriously. Please.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    indyChick wrote:
    I REALLY think dogs should be able to swim in lakes and the ocean--anywhere human sims can. Seriously. Please.
    Dogs already can swim in swimming pools. But I have never seen them swim any where else yet. I think that I had tried to get a dog to go swimming in the sea. But all I got was no interaction. So maybe they will in Island Paradise. :D
  • rover2355rover2355 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited May 2013
    In the broadcast, the entrance to the houseboat was gangplank that was at the same level as that dock and the boat. It would seem strange not to have cats and dogs be able to make their wa accros it. as for horses..Im hoping the will too..not for them to live on the boat but to trasport the horse to your sims private island!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    rover2355 wrote:
    In the broadcast, the entrance to the houseboat was gangplank that was at the same level as that dock and the boat. It would seem strange not to have cats and dogs be able to make their wa accros it. as for horses..Im hoping the will too..not for them to live on the boat but to trasport the horse to your sims private island!
    You could always use the shift click cheat, and teleport the pets where ever you want to be. :D