Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blythelyre LOOK an UWL gift for you!

A gift from me to you - calling Blythelyre

When Blythelyre posted her UWL she commented that we wanted similar things. And since I was one of the people who had wanted her to sign up I decided there really wasn't any question about whether or not I was going to GIFT her a.s.a.p!

You said you wanted a family of color with children and that you are currently playing a game in Bridgeport. So I went to work trying to create a family that could live up to that. I didn't know what traits you preferred so I randomized them.

I present to you:

The Wilders

Name: Noel, Young Adult Male, 19 to Adult
Traits: Rebellious, Good Sense of Humor, Family Oriented, Frugal and Handy
LTW: Surrounded by Family
Career: Military
Skills: Athletic 5, Cooking 5, Handiness 6
Sign: Taurus

Name: Sharon, Young Adult Female, 19 to Adult
Traits: Daredevil, Family Oriented, Neat, Perfectionist and Over Emotional
LTW: Living in the Lap of Luxury
Career: Part-time at the grocery store
Skills: Athletic 1, Charisma 5, Cooking 4, Social Network 3
Sign: Cancer

Name: Tanika, Child Female, 6 to Teen.
Traits: Athletic, Computer Wiz, Lucky
Skills: Logic 3
Sign: Aquaius

Name: Ismail, Child Male, 5 to Teen
Traits: Computer Wiz, Couch Potato and Vehicle Enthusiast
Skills: Logic 3, Fishing 1

PicMonkeyCollage1_zpsd39b40f3.jpg

Backstory
When we start their story they are living in Moonlight falls. Times are, if not hard, then at least lean and money is tight.

Sharon and Noel met just after they graduated, it was love at first sight like it is for many sims. Sharon was thinking about going to university, Noel had already decided he was going to join the army. When he got deployed to Moonlight Falls Sharon decided to join him there rather than to spend time at university a long way from him.

Noel had a very strict sergeant and promotions were coming slowly, Sharon was doing much better over at the business building she worked at. But then, as so many sims do, they slipped up and tried for baby instead of having a regular woho. The result was instantaneous and Shannon became pregnant. Around this time Noel was sent away overseas and Sharon had to raise the toddlers herself. Taking care of two toddlers (not twins since they are 1 day apart) meant she could no longer work long hours as a Report Processor so she became a stay at home mom.

Fast forward a couple of years and here we are. The kids are now in school and after school activities so Sharon has started to work again. She is stacking shelves at the local supermarket until something better comes up. Noel is still slaving away as a grunt at the military base.

Everyday life

With two growing children money is always tight so Noel always makes sure to look through the paper for coupons.

Tanika want's to exercise and Ismail want's to watch the kids channel. There is constant bickering about who get's to pick what to watch on the crappy old TV.

Sharon's neatness makes her obsessed about keeping order in their little house.

And Noel tries to help the best he can by fixing and upgrading the appliances.

PicMonkeyCollage2_zps3ccbae4b.jpg

This is their current home, it's tiny with two small bedrooms and a combined kitchen/living room.

And this is Dehlila, their car. (Ismail named her)

Here they are supporting their team. Go Llamas! No matter what arguments the family has, they all agree when it comes to picking the winning team.

PicMonkeyCollage3_zps5e3df368.jpg

With no money to buy the kids expensive toys the family find other ways to amuse themselves.

Like skating and playing soccer at the summer fair.

Or having a water balloon fight with each other.

PicMonkeyCollage4_zpse8369878.jpg

The Future

Two things happened in short succession to change their story. One was a substantial inheritance when Sharon's great aunt passed away.

The other came for Noel in the mail.

The letter offered a promotion, as long as he relocated to Bridgeport.

Sharon agreed that moving was a great idea. She felt that there was a greater chance for her to get a job in a big city and she really wanted to start working regular hours again.

Wait?! What is she doing? Um, last time she acted that crazy something staring with an "n" appeared 3 days later. Is there something you're not telling us?
PicMonkeyCollage5_zps6ccaf0af.jpg

The Wilders can be downloaded here.

Welcome to Bridgeport

The Bridgeport Home Owners Association proudly presents our newest model of affordable family housing. In an effort to counter the claims that Bridgeport is grey and gloomy this is initiative offers bright cheery homes to new Bridgeport citizens.

Built on 16 Dean Road, the Brighten up Bridgeport, offers affordable rent and some of the best views in town. The simple design packs a a whole lot of functionality in to the price.

There is a powder room and outdoor shower by the pool as well as a fire pit and bar for entertaining guests. The roof gives protection from both sun and rain. The view from the pool speaks of itself.

BuB1_zpsc05991ad.jpg

The simple floor plan gives you two good size bedrooms a full bath and an open plan kitcgen and living room. A word of warning - this is not a property for sims who hate yellow.

BuB2_zpsc0c447bc.jpg

The master bedroom has room for both a crib and rocking chair, as well as, a small home gym.

The children's room has a treasure chests and bookshelf. There is also a toy stove in the kitchen area.

BuB3_zps7c8950ce.jpg

We hope you have enjoyed your tour and click here for a download.
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited April 2013
    present.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited April 2013
    LOOOOOVE this!! :shock:

Thank you so much!!! :mrgreen:
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You're welcome! I'm so glad you like them :D

I had a lot of fun making them - and best of all - I wanted a family like this too. So it's really a gift for the both of us!

I tried making Sharon's clothes in the "peachy pink" you said you favored. Hope I hit the spot.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You're welcome! I'm so glad you like them :D

I had a lot of fun making them - and best of all - I wanted a family like this too. So it's really a gift for the both of us!

I tried making Sharon's clothes in the "peachy pink" you said you favored. Hope I hit the spot.

It's perfect! I noticed that right away!

Funny story? My bedroom back at my mom's house had yellow walls! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What a funny coincidence :lol:

I was worried you'd think the yellow to bright since you specified no neons.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Nope. It's the exact same shade and everything.

...I might have to go visit my momma soon! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2013
    Great house and very nice family Salt! Great job and I recommended them and will probably download them as well. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tanubanue wrote:
    Great house and very nice family Salt! Great job and I recommended them and will probably download them as well. :D

Thank you!

The house is great for hosting parties in. I've tried it many times. And the family is fun to play.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg