Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need to fix gardening

You should be able to select water many or tend many or weed many and it processes all plants in the yard. Right now i tell it to water 4 different plants and weed 3 different plants i try to give it more commands and it says it cant because there is no room, yet it does not clear the que of all the things its done like watering the 4 plants.

Obviously the beta testers did not do their jobs only testing it with one or 2 plants and not 6 or 8

Comments

• Options
    SKFMyers13SKFMyers13 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is just my initial experience, but I have a Sim with the Green Thumb trait and he has an option to "tend garden" which seems to take care of watering and weeding all his plants in one go (he has six, currently, of three different varieties).

Green Thumb or no Green Thumb, I invested in sprinklers after discovering that taking care of only six plants took most of his morning! :P
  • Options
    SXyPiXieSXyPiXie Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ya , this is already in the game, but it is tied to skills or traits or rewards or something.
    I'm not sure when i got it, but once my Sim got the "tend garden" option the gardening went to auto mode....
    if i water any one plant he will go around and water all the plants in that need it.
    If i clear weeds on one he will continue to go around and weed everything.

same with harvest.

and tend garden will do everything needed all over the garden.
    sure it will take hours and hours, and you'll probobly need the dirt proof reward to do it before your sim gives up cause he's too dirty.

green thumb helps alot.
  • Options
    krmoorecankrmoorecan Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thats the problem, i have the green thumb and when i say to water it does not water all plants. And no where does it say that tend garden waters and weeds all plants it would be nice if they would document the game better.

So you are saying that if you click on tend garden on one plant it does this for all plants.

Well thanks i did check it out by clicking on the tend garden option on one plant and it it did water all plants and weed all plants and also harvested any crops, the only thing it did not do was dispose of possible dead plants of which i had 2 due to my sim being too tired the night before to finish watering the plants.

It would have been nice for them to explain these features in the help or lesson area better reguarding each option. Would have saved me alot of time and frustration.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PixieDust7697PixieDust7697 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SKFMyers13 wrote:
    This is just my initial experience, but I have a Sim with the Green Thumb trait and he has an option to "tend garden" which seems to take care of watering and weeding all his plants in one go (he has six, currently, of three different varieties).

Green Thumb or no Green Thumb, I invested in sprinklers after discovering that taking care of only six plants took most of his morning! :P

Here's a silly question...but where did you find the sprinklers?? I can't find them anywhere. Thanks...
  • Options
    BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2009
    Indeed, I like the idea of 'fertilize all with:' and pick the desired produce

It'll still take forever

--

perhaps instead,

1, a gardening bot
    2, a sprinkler/meat grinder/food processor/compost bin

the second you feed with old food and your plants are auto fertilized.
    also gets rid of old food without feeding the garbage bin.
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    I would love for a return of the composter from TS2. All I do now is throw newspapers away; such a waste. I'd love to have that more steady supply of fertilizer for my Sim's garden.

The lack of Tend Garden may be a bug in your game. My Sims have always had that option. Then again, I'm currently having a bug in my game that makes it so bikes don't give me a Go to Community option. First releases are always fun like that.

Also... where did you find the sprinkler?
  • Options
    BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2009
    Just a reminder too that tend garden only shows up on plants that need tending (watering or weeding etc).

Sprinklers are in the outdoors section under activities (play with sprinklers because they have no practical function beyond soaking sims bums).

Once you find them, tweak them to work automatically. Such that when they go off you know to send your sim out to tend them.
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).