Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POLL: Would You Prefer More TS3 Or TS4

Comments

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited April 2013
    The Online Thing: Aren't Most new games always online nowadays? I guess this in and of itself doesn't really bother me. My internet connection is always on, barring a power outage or something like that, in which case the whole computer would probably be off. I suppose there are people in locations where an internet connection isn't as good, or reliable, and I do feel bad for them.

Then there's the new simcity. The part where your Saves and saved games are in the cloud only and totally dependent upon their (often broken) servers IS alarming. They KNEW people did not want this and yet they made it that way anyhow.
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited April 2013
    More Sims 3!

I want Reality TV and Open for Business the most out of every other EP idea! If Reality TV and OFB are made for TS3, then I'll be happy with TS3. If they make Reality TV and OFB then EA is free to go on to TS4.
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm ready for the Sims 4.
    As long as they actually make it compatible for Mac users, and dump Cider.
    Until then... Sims 3 bootcamped on my Mac using Windows 7 it is.
    :roll:
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think after IP and TT, I'll be ready for TS4.

I'd love to see how the Sims will looks. I hope it's more cartoony and less realistic.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Seeing how glitchy game is getting with each expansion pack and patch, and that not even high-end PCs can handle its messiness - bring on The Sims 4.
    I have all EPs/SPs and patches and no glitches. I run on a 2-year old Dell Computer not made for gaming and have all my graphics on full with no lag. :?
    i havent had a glitch, crash or corrupted game since late night and then university life comes along and EVERYTHING GOES WRONG.
    i had every bug in the book.
    my computer is technically "overqualified" for running ts3, so.. yeah.
    the fact that if you dont get a glitch its merely luck, is ridiculous. me having a top of the line laptop should mean im set for ts3 life. no glitches, no nothing.

for me, im good with them ending at time travel.
    but if its online only, id rather them end the sims franchise altogether.
  • linklover1o1linklover1o1 Posts: 584
    edited April 2013
    More TS3. Why move on and start all over, not to mention the annoying requests for everything they will get, when you can keep on going with what you have!

And I don't want to buy the game all over again. It was fairly recent, maybe a year, ago I got Sims 3 because I didn't want to stop on Sims 2. I miss open for business....
    edited April 2013
    More TS3. Why move on and start all over, not to mention the annoying requests for everything they will get, when you can keep on going with what you have!

And I don't want to buy the game all over again. It was fairly recent, maybe a year, ago I got Sims 3 because I didn't want to stop on Sims 2. I miss open for business....
    why move on?
    do you not realise how we got to the sims THREEE??

again, its like music, theres always gonna be another album.. even if you bought the first 3. its not just for us old players, but for the new ones too. and the engine just cant hold out for so many eps. wither the sims ends with ts3 or we move up.
  • SEFGproductionsSEFGproductions Posts: 108 New Member
    edited April 2013
    more sims 3. if they make time travel the final EP ill play the sims 3 for another year or 2 and if im still interested ill begin paying sims 4
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited April 2013
    i want the sims 4 but if its online then forget it. sims 4 can easilly be destroyed for most of us.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited April 2013
    Because the base game is always too empty, I will wait until the 3rd EP of TS4.

I began TS3 after Late Night because WA was not interesting for me, Ambitions introduced Firefighter profession, patch added tattoo feature and Late Night added the downtown life.

I began TS2 after Open For Business, University was interesting and Nightlife brought me the downtown, I'm not fan of OFB, I'm bad to manage a business but it added the elevators !

In fact, I will wait for the tattoo feature and downtown theme EP.

• Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    edited April 2013
    I donΒ΄t want a sims 4 because I would need a better computer.

Why not sims 3 stand-alone expansions? Sims medieval 2 like sims 3 stand-alone expansion.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    The original question about if we want TS3 to continue for another year or bring on TS4 can not quite be answered since none of have an idea of exactly what TS4 'is'.

Is it more an RPG game? more a 'casual game' with loads of ambitions for the player to acheieve and get a pat on the back with 'good job!' popups?

Is it a game that requires online all the time connection?

Is it more about the player like TS3 is and even less about the actual Sim, even more than TS3 is?

Is it a true sandbox game? Or filled with goals? and mini quests?

Or an MMO type game?

We don't know.

However, I think EA should take a year off from "The Sims" when they get through this year and IP and the last SP about making movies.

Let it all die down, not a peep, no content, no EPs, no SPs, no Store loading up on bundles of sets and items for sale in a big rush to the end.

The problems with this game, the bugs and or the bad mechanics of it are in the base game,and it really doesn't matter how much more they add, it is soon becomes a problem and just more stuff piled on that the base game's code can't deal with.

Someone that says they don't have any glitches may not be aware until it is too late.

Then should take a look at Overwatch and how many Sims have to be 'captured' and sent back home by that hack inorder to keep the game from frying. Or take a look at the other mods and the ones that get rid of all the cars in the towns that are spawned into every Sims inventory.

My God, you play and think the game is running smoothly until you get a popup every day of what all went wrong in the game. :?

After a few Sim weeks you begin to notice lags, pauses, freezes and without the mods installed you have no idea why.

It never fails, trust me. I play without MODs at all (I only tested Overwatch in my game right before UniLife) and SP doesn't work, Neva!,

After you play a Sim for about 2 to 3 Sim weeks the game starts doing weird stuff, and it always happens, I don't care if people don't see it or not. They will and it will be too late.

That is the very reason TS3 should be laid to rest, soon.

Nothing is more frustrating than to want to play some Sims for several Sim years (without mods installed) and can't! At least in TS2 you could have over a thousand character files in the game before you started noticing weird glitches and or freezes and pauses, and if your machine was a good one and you didn't turn up Smooth Edges too high, you could play litterally play one family for years.

And never need a mod to hold it all together. I litterally, kept one set of Sims alive for 8 or more years. Try that in this game...without having to move them and or make a copy and start over and without a mod installed, it ain't gonna happen.

End TS3 while there is still time to save it's reputation.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd prefer...neither. :)

I would prefer if they just finished up TS3, then took some much-needed time to really polish it up to the point where it's bug-free and actually playable the way it was meant to be played. Then they can think about releasing TS4.

simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited April 2013
    Same here. Neither.
    I'm tired of TS3, and TS4 looks like garbage so far.

I would've said TS4 a day ago, but after seeing the leaked content? No thanks.
    Granted, those are mock-up graphics, but I doubt they would use such quality artwork just for the heck of it.
    I read placeholders are normaly just cubes, lines and dots. So I don't expect quality next generation graphics for TS4.

Oh, and EA...this is what an MMO looks like :

YNe6N26.jpg
    edited April 2013
    Because the base game is always too empty, I will wait until the 3rd EP of TS4.

I began TS3 after Late Night because WA was not interesting for me, Ambitions introduced Firefighter profession, patch added tattoo feature and Late Night added the downtown life.

I began TS2 after Open For Business, University was interesting and Nightlife brought me the downtown, I'm not fan of OFB, I'm bad to manage a business but it added the elevators !

In fact, I will wait for the tattoo feature and downtown theme EP.
    thats so true.
    i bought the sims 3 early, but didnt start playing till i got ambitions. i wasnt attracted to wa.
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think people "sometimes" expect too much of a base game.

If you compare Sims 3 and Sims 2 base games, Sims 3 is a lot richer. It has more options and a funner gameplay.

It'd be silly of us all to expect Sims 4 to have everything Sims 3 has, but I'm sure comparing to the base game alone it'll be richer, just like TS3 was compared to TS2 :)
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    The original question about if we want TS3 to continue for another year or bring on TS4 can not quite be answered since none of have an idea of exactly what TS4 'is'.

Is it more an RPG game? more a 'casual game' with loads of ambitions for the player to acheieve and get a pat on the back with 'good job!' popups?

Is it a game that requires online all the time connection?

Is it more about the player like TS3 is and even less about the actual Sim, even more than TS3 is?

Is it a true sandbox game? Or filled with goals? and mini quests?

Or an MMO type game?

We don't know.

However, I think EA should take a year off from "The Sims" when they get through this year and IP and the last SP about making movies.

Let it all die down, not a peep, no content, no EPs, no SPs, no Store loading up on bundles of sets and items for sale in a big rush to the end.

The problems with this game, the bugs and or the bad mechanics of it are in the base game,and it really doesn't matter how much more they add, it is soon becomes a problem and just more stuff piled on that the base game's code can't deal with.

Someone that says they don't have any glitches may not be aware until it is too late.

Then should take a look at Overwatch and how many Sims have to be 'captured' and sent back home by that hack inorder to keep the game from frying. Or take a look at the other mods and the ones that get rid of all the cars in the towns that are spawned into every Sims inventory.

My God, you play and think the game is running smoothly until you get a popup every day of what all went wrong in the game. :?

After a few Sim weeks you begin to notice lags, pauses, freezes and without the mods installed you have no idea why.

It never fails, trust me. I play without MODs at all (I only tested Overwatch in my game right before UniLife) and SP doesn't work, Neva!,

After you play a Sim for about 2 to 3 Sim weeks the game starts doing weird stuff, and it always happens, I don't care if people don't see it or not. They will and it will be too late.

That is the very reason TS3 should be laid to rest, soon.

Nothing is more frustrating than to want to play some Sims for several Sim years (without mods installed) and can't! At least in TS2 you could have over a thousand character files in the game before you started noticing weird glitches and or freezes and pauses, and if your machine was a good one and you didn't turn up Smooth Edges too high, you could play litterally play one family for years.

And never need a mod to hold it all together. I litterally, kept one set of Sims alive for 8 or more years. Try that in this game...without having to move them and or make a copy and start over and without a mod installed, it ain't gonna happen.

End TS3 while there is still time to save it's reputation.

THIS is my answer.
    Give us some time, as much as i like the shiny new things always popping up in leak-form, ts3 is really buggy. and i dont want ea to rush into ts4 cuz THAT will be another waste of my money.
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    I think people "sometimes" expect too much of a base game.

If you compare Sims 3 and Sims 2 base games, Sims 3 is a lot richer. It has more options and a funner gameplay.

It'd be silly of us all to expect Sims 4 to have everything Sims 3 has, but I'm sure comparing to the base game alone it'll be richer, just like TS3 was compared to TS2 :)
    i agree completely. a lot of people dont realize the sims 4 BASE will [or SHOULD] be better than its predecessor.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited April 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    i agree completely. a lot of people dont realize the sims 4 BASE will [or SHOULD] be better than its predecessor.

I disagree, in TS4, the sims will be still stupid like TS3 and TS2 but there will be improved features.
    TS3 improved CAS, the build mode tools and more.

In TS4, The sims will wait in front of doors, stairs and platform like TS3/TS2,
    They'll keep on to search the perfect place before to interact.

In TS2, the interactions are quicker and better than TS3 interactions. This game is still very good even if it don't get all the useful features of TS3 (Create a style, ...).

Don't be naive, TS4 will bring old and new annoying thing which won't be fixed until... The Sims 5.

New engine = New unknown issues

Just look at SimCity, the sims are more stupid than SimCity 4.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    As long as The Sims 4 isn't as bad as everyone is predicting, then I say bring it on!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2013
    If Sims 4 is on online game with those cartoony graphics (like the pics floating around in the internet for the last few days) I wouldn't be buying the game. I would rather stick with Sims 3 then. I am a builder. I do not want to go online to build.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd rather they take the time they need to make sure the game will run without frying our machines out of the box (and potentially not be able to play anything until we can afford to fix or replace them). And they should make sure the framework will better support expansions down the road, rather than having to patch everything in.

If it means waiting 6 months to 2 years, at least we still have TS1, TS2 and TS3 eps to play with :-o

Other than that, I just wish TS4 enthusiasts would cool it a little, if EA starts to think TS4 is trending, they might decide to start production prematurely, and allocate resource from TS3. What's worse is the 'will not be silenced' attitude.

/rant
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't want to see EA trying to take on TS4 until 2020. :mrgreen:
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited April 2013
    more ts3 for sure
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited April 2013
    If the TS4 is really going to be that ugly looking online game I have seen pictures of I would rather stick with TS3.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif