Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has there been any news....?

About the endless buffets? I mean they could be better than we think, but I want to SEE them.. I want to know can we pick what is served?? How do they work?

Anyone heard anything about these at all since the first blog?? I'm hoping maybe I just missed it :?
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy

Comments

• xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I must have completely missed something.

What about buffets? Endless? Whaaaaa...?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2013
    We know they're EPIC :lol:

Actually, I think the general response from the community was not as positive as they were hoping. By hyping them up as "epic" EA though to get us excited, which really didn't happen. And I think they realized this and have kind of stopped hyping them.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited April 2013
    Well maybe if we could SEE how EPIC they were we would be more hyped about them! :lol: Seriously I want to see these things cause if they are the same buffet tables we have now I'm going to hurt someone! :roll:
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Imeffinawesome92Imeffinawesome92 Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited April 2013
    About the endless buffets? I mean they could be better than we think, but I want to SEE them.. I want to know can we pick what is served?? How do they work?

Anyone heard anything about these at all since the first blog?? I'm hoping maybe I just missed it :?

I've seen glimpses of them in the trailer and the LB but seriously it's nothing to be excited about, it's just a regular buffet table with 3 silver plates on it from what I've seen.

Honestly the most annoying thing about sims 3 is how they cut corners, I played sims 2 last night and was overjoyed when my sims had a nice family meal at their beach resort :cry:

Also if the reason we can't have open restaurants is because of errors from the base game they can't change, that makes me angry. Seems like they were either lazy when the brilliant idea of rabbit holes for shops and restaurants came up or they were really rushing to get the game out.

Either way they still get their cash and the players still get rabbit holes.

I will NOT be buying sims 4 if they have the rabbit holes again for anything but work and school(except the culinary career:]) Not trying to sound bratty but these rabbit holes that must be in resorts and "epic" buffets kind of make me irritated :lol:

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited April 2013
    The base game was actually delayed by 6 months . No EPS were delayed so I don't think they were in a hurry to get the base game out.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited April 2013

I've seen glimpses of them in the trailer and the LB but seriously it's nothing to be excited about, it's just a regular buffet table with 3 silver plates on it from what I've seen.

Honestly the most annoying thing about sims 3 is how they cut corners, I played sims 2 last night and was overjoyed when my sims had a nice family meal at their beach resort :cry:

Also if the reason we can't have open restaurants is because of errors from the base game they can't change, that makes me angry. Seems like they were either lazy when the brilliant idea of rabbit holes for shops and restaurants came up or they were really rushing to get the game out.

I will NOT be buying sims 4 if they have the rabbit holes again for anything but work and school(except the culinary career:]) Not trying to sound bratty but these rabbit holes that must be in resorts and "epic" buffets kind of make me irritated :lol:

Rabbit holes are actually alot better than most people think. For example it lets the player "pretend" what is going on inside to tell their own stories. It also helps if you have multiple house members. For example I can't ever use a profession unless I only have 1 house member...only because they go crazy and can't take care of themselves. While some rabbit holes frustrate me others are kind of helpful. But I agree I miss the resteraunts, I was always a chef.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Imeffinawesome92Imeffinawesome92 Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited April 2013

Rabbit holes are actually alot better than most people think. For example it lets the player "pretend" what is going on inside to tell their own stories. It also helps if you have multiple house members. For example I can't ever use a profession unless I only have 1 house member...only because they go crazy and can't take care of themselves. While some rabbit holes frustrate me others are kind of helpful. But I agree I miss the resteraunts, I was always a chef.

I don't mind the work rabbit holes for that same reason. the professions annoy me also unless I have a one sim family. It's the grocery store, book store, and restaurants that I don't feel should be rabbit holes, it just feels a little lazy to me. :?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013

I'm okay with the rabbit holes for the "standard" rooms; at least we get to design and watch the "deluxe" rooms. I really miss open restaurants though, or at least watching Sims interact while they eat (I'd be happy to have the kitchen part be a rabbit hole). Could definitely use more meal interactions -- I'd like to see two different types of meals: fast meal where Sims just gobble and get, and family meal where they eat slower and interact more (conversation). The former would be great for weekday mornings when Sims are trying to get off to work/school, the latter for weekends or family dinners when there's more time to relax. Not sure if that's possible with the programming, but it's something I'd like to see; that way players could choose which one to use.

I'm on the fence about Sims 4 anyway; I'll probably hold off for about a year to see what the community has to say about it before plunging. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited April 2013
    seriously just like the other buffet tables?!! :shock: ugggghhhhhh :roll: Come on already! This is so dang stupid!

I'm so upset by this.. this and Dragon Valley! Yes I realize some people are totally excited by this but I was so hoping for a Tokyo-ish world with a PC Sushi Bar...
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2013

That's how I feel too. Additionally, I've been playing The Sims 2 for several weeks now, and it is just so much fun! The Sims act out what they are feeling instead of those stupid moodlets, you get to go WITH your sim when they go out, and they are just so full of "life" & "joy" compared to 3.

I did try to play 3 again a few nights ago, but it just froze up and I just can't be bothered to try again.

Yeah, 4 is out for me too for the reasons you stated, but primarily if it is online all time and if the sims look anything like those screen shots they've been showing for 4, then that too will put me off it. The whole thing just makes me so sad :cry:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm kind of dissapointed they haven't went into more detail about these buffets. They might come with new interactions or npcs but no info yet. Prehaps we'll find out during the fan events as those reveal everything.
  • JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited April 2013
    windweaver wrote:
    Yeah, 4 is out for me too for the reasons you stated, but primarily if it is online all time and if the sims look anything like those screen shots they've been showing for 4, then that too will put me off it. The whole thing just makes me so sad :cry:

Honestly, anybody that hasn't learned from the simcity online only debacle and buys a sims 4 that is online only, deserves every last bit of grief that they get from EA.

You don't even need to own simcity to find all the information you could possibly want about the issues. To make TS4 online only is going to severely limit modding and anything else to do with customizing the game.

We as The Sims 3 players are the testing ground for EA and IMO, we have failed our fellow gamers and will do so again if we buy a TS4 that is online only.

If you have to wonder how we failed out fellow gamers, just look at how much "stuff" people buy in the TS3 cash shop, and look at how many people are excited about a buffet item. They have eased us into this and many of us bought into it, hook line and sinker. I'm embarrassed to say that I am part of what failed our fellow gamers by the choices that I made with this game.

But I won't fail them again and buy into a TS4 if it's online only, no matter how much they promise that modding will come in the future or if they promise me that I can place wild salmon that I catch myself in TS4 into the silver serving platters on this buffet, I will NOT fail our fellow gamers again.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2013
    I saw this so called new buffet table in the trailer, and it's just like a regular buffet table. :D