Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remove Post

No Longer Need This Thread

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2013
    Just so you know, don't be surprised if no one answers you as worlds take so long to make most builders usually don't even look at requests. Besides most are only here because they had a world idea they wanted to make for theirselves - most already have ideas - plus those pictures you just showed has a ton of sculpturing in those sculpturing like that takes a lot of time and only the better world builders can even come close to some of that. You might be better off checking the world index above and check the thread that go with them to find something already made that you might like. But nothing about intense world building like in those pictures could probably be done in probably a couple months if the creator is real talented and even longer for those less experienced - at least to look like the desert one. Have you looked at Rflong7's Mesa Valley - that's a beautiful world and sculpted a bit like that desert pic you have and very flat. But honestly worlds starting from scratch take so long that creators rarely pay attention to requests. Half the time the one wanting the request disappears or decides they changed their mind before a creator has it half done, and then they have wasted all that time for nothing. Do you really want to wait months for that? Are you never going to change your mind about it? We have seen 9 out of 10 request end up going no where because the requester has no idea all that is involved in world building to end up with things like that or all the time it takes. I often hear - oh I thought it might take a couple days or a week at most. I assure you it takes a lot longer. In fact I know one builder that started their world a year after the game came out, and they are still building on that same world. Perfection can be like that. But honestly, requesting a world is better off requesting if someone knows of a world already built like you are looking for.

Creative corner is where people go to get things built for them, and as far as I know it is rare any of them build worlds. One builder did,(Elle) and she said it took her about 8 months - if not longer.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....