Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Money Trees don't harvest?

Has anyone else noticed that their Money Trees don't harvest when they're planted under the SwiftGro Gardening Centre? My Sim has several Money Trees that are fully grown & although if you hover the cursor over them it indicates that they're ready to harvest, he's never able to get any money from them. :x I've found this has happened with a few other plants as well but the Money Trees are definitely the worst affected.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited April 2013
    Mine do produce some money but very small amounts of it.
  • PLSTRONGPLSTRONG Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have the same problem but I have not got the swiftgro gardening centre. Think the problem started after one of the last expansion packs, either supernatural or seasons.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    edited April 2013
    Well I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one! I think you might be right, PLSTRONG, about it starting after either Supernatural or Seasons.

I guess it's another one of those minor issues that EA are unlikely to ever get around to fixing.
  • reiayuyreiayuy Posts: 206 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I have the same problem with potatoes, onions and carrots. The next time I load up the game some of them appear on the ground near the plants. I don't have the swift gro gardening station either, so I don't think it's that.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited April 2013
    I dont think its swiftgro, that may just be a coincidence. Ive had money trees grown under the swiftgro and on their own in the open and both have gotten bugged at some point. You can see that the tree is ready for harvest but it does not harvest.

I do know that I did not have this issue in November as thats when I started playing again after a long break, and I had money trees then that I harvested until they died.

I have certainly noticed this problem in the last couple of months though, so it may be one of the recent patches that have caused the issue.
  • chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited April 2013
    This happens to me sometimes but it doesn't matter what plant it is. It seems to be related to talking to the plants or having a plant sims commune. I avoid that and it helps MOST of the time. I also quit identifying seeds.

Hope that helps!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2013
    The money tree has a bug since SN. It has to do with the gatherer trait.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/money-tree-cant-be-harvested.html
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Sassable1Sassable1 Posts: 109 Member
    edited April 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Yep - I had this same problem and had to use Chicken's mod fix for it (over at TFM's site), and it was fine, until University. Then, it started up again, and the fix didn't work anymore. I even removed the gatherer trait and reset everything (including planting new money trees) and it still freaked out!

After some researching over at twallan's site (nraas industries), he determined that EA made the same coding error with the new Science skill from University - so if your sim has the science skill - it will still result in Money Tree episodes whether you have the gatherer trait or not.

So, I basically just stopped dealing with money trees at this point, LOL because it wasn't worth all the aggrivation and I can use the gatherer trait without a mod fix now.

BTW, Crinrict, thank you so much for your help site and the bug threads you do here on the forums - I have used them many times to figure out whether I am alone or not with my sims blowing up with glitches, etc. and I really appreciate all your hard work and dedication!

hug.gif

• chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I have a sim with level 10 science and she just cloned a money tree. I wonder if it will grow with the harvest bug. Likewise, I wonder if having another sim in the family plant it will result in an empty tree... hmmm
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2013
    crinrict wrote:

I was wondering the other day if this bug was fixed. Guess not. Do you know if they plan to fix it at some point? I really wish in the meantime OW could fix this, if it's possible.
  • Sassable1Sassable1 Posts: 109 Member
    edited April 2013
    crinrict wrote:

I was wondering the other day if this bug was fixed. Guess not. Do you know if they plan to fix it at some point? I really wish in the meantime OW could fix this, if it's possible.

I am also really hoping EA plans to fix this at some point, but the fact it wasn't fixed with the University patch, and in fact they doubled the problem by miscoding the Science skill with the same mistake, I think I may be fantasizing for awhile..... LOL
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just thought I'd bump this up, as I was looking for awhile, to the reason my Sim kept resetting when he'd harvest the Money Tree, with no gatherer trait. I tried having him harvest the money trees with Grandpa's Grove tractor, and it would reset the Sim and the tractor would completely disappear, leaving me to buy a new one.

My Sim did have the Science skill and that must be what is causing havoc.

Does anyone know if there is a mod for this? I tried crinrict's blog link but that has a link that doesn't work.

• oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2014
    The gatherer trait and the science skill will "break" money trees. I haven't heard of a mod to fix the science skill issue.

I've never tried to harvest money trees with the tractor, but the tractor doesn't work with the crystal plants from ITF either.

If your talking about the second link on Cricint's blog, then you need to register at that site before the link to work correctly.

If your new to mods, then I recommend the Nraas mod, as those mods are more known.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2014
    crinrict wrote:

Sorry crinrict, it doesn't have anything to do with the gather trait. And here is why, I have been able to harvest my money tree with the gather trait. The bug has been there since WA. I know this for a fact because I had that problem when I had first gotten Worlds, and I have had that since they day that it got released. I also have trouble with harvesting the Omni plant, and I still do. But I don't have trouble with harvesting the money tree anymore, either with or without the the gather trait. That problem lies else where other than the gather trait crinrict. :D
    edited May 2014
    Chimark wrote:
    I just thought I'd bump this up, as I was looking for awhile, to the reason my Sim kept resetting when he'd harvest the Money Tree, with no gatherer trait. I tried having him harvest the money trees with Grandpa's Grove tractor, and it would reset the Sim and the tractor would completely disappear, leaving me to buy a new one.

My Sim did have the Science skill and that must be what is causing havoc.

Does anyone know if there is a mod for this? I tried crinrict's blog link but that has a link that doesn't work.

It took me ages to work out what causes this in my game.

When you use the tractor or dragon to harvest a few times the Sims inventory gets full. There are thousands of harvested items in there. Sell them or move them to the fridge and the tractor will stop resetting and vanishing. My sim resets when she uses the dragon to harvest too. Emptying inventories fixes both problems for me
    edited May 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

Sorry crinrict, it doesn't have anything to do with the gather trait. And here is why, I have been able to harvest my money tree with the gather trait. The bug has been there since WA. I know this for a fact because I had that problem when I had first gotten Worlds, and I have had that since they day that it got released. I also have trouble with harvesting the Omni plant, and I still do. But I don't have trouble with harvesting the money tree anymore, either with or without the the gather trait. That problem lies else where other than the gather trait crinrict. :D

I've never noticed a problem,my with gatherer trait or science skill. But I don't think everyone is affected so it must be a bit more complicated. Also I never had a problem with the tree of prosperity while it was broken. That's been fixed by EA now though.
  • GodessTruGodessTru Posts: 215 Member
    edited May 2014
    I remember having an issue with the gatherer trait and harvesting...it must have been when SN came out. I stopped using the trait and that specific sim didn't have issues anymore and I haven't used the trait since.

I did come across a new (to me) issue, though. In a new game with an old sim imported in, my sim started getting that issue where plants would show the state as "Harvest", but there was nothing to harvest and the plant would never actually grow to a harvest state. Planting all new plants had worked for me before so, I tried a few things (disposing old plants/planting new, moving plants in build/buy, moving them to planters inside) and nothing seemed to work.
    I read something about using sunlight as fertilizer being the problem, so I got rid of the gardening station. I planted all new plants and created a little tractor path section and everything was working again!
    To test again, I added a gardening station over some of the plants and fertilized them with the sunlight and they all turned up with the same issue. Reaching maturity but never showing veggies/fruits when the plant would say 'Harvest' but would not show the option to Harvest. Everything BUT the money trees were affected
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

I've never noticed a problem,my with gatherer trait or science skill. But I don't think everyone is affected so it must be a bit more complicated. Also I never had a problem with the tree of prosperity while it was broken. That's been fixed by EA now though.
    I had a problem with the money tree in the beginning, but it had cleared after a couple of days. I have never had any problems harvesting the money trees with the gather trait at all. :D
  • Thankful0212Thankful0212 Posts: 32 Member
    I see this is an old old thread but this is my first time having money trees and they produce nothing! No money. 2020 and they never fixed this?!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, considering this thread has been inactive for 6 years now I'm going to close it off to avoid further necro posting. If you wish to continue to discuss the topic of this thread I advise creating a new one to do so.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top