Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommates Randomly Added to My Household!? PLEASE HELP!!

I have a family that I've added to a residential lot in my town. It's not an apartment but after about 3 in game hours random Sims are added to my household as roommates. I did nothing to trigger this action. The only thing I can think of is it's happened when a babysitter is on the lot. I am so confused and want this to stop happening! I've moved the family to a new lot and it happened there too. Any ideas on how to fix this!?

Comments

• NovelettNovelett Posts: 72 New Member
    edited April 2013
    First of all, I do not have UL but I do update and have mods!

Yeah, that happened to me twice. Once before my sim got married. Two sim days later, another one arrived. Each time I kicked them out using Edit Town. Since then, no more room mates!!

I have no clue why it happened though.
  • KerelaNightfallKerelaNightfall Posts: 84 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I am using the testingcheatsenabled to "DELETE IT" when they spawn on my lot. However, since I've done this, a new set of random Sims spawn as roommates every morning around 9:00 am! It's pretty annoying always having these Sims pop up. I've played other families in the town and this never happened to them. I'm playing in Aurora Skies if that might make any difference.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited April 2013
    yes, this has happened to me before. Can you go to the phone...real estate...cancel roommate services?
  • sisterto2sisterto2 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited April 2013
    yes, this has happened to me before. Can you go to the phone...real estate...cancel roommate services?
    I don't think so. When my sim got a roommate, I kicked out 1 of my sims and the roommate wasn't a roommate anymore. My suggestion is adopt a kid, then kick'em out using the real estate option on the phone. Your roommates will move out. Hope that helped :D :thumbup:
    edited April 2013
    It is happening EVERY SINGLE MORNING at 9:00 am! Is there something I have turned on that thinks I'm requesting roommates? It's only happening with this one family on whatever lot I place them.
  • Happychic101297Happychic101297 Posts: 1,002 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Since this is happening to a lot of players it might just be a glitch.
    I hope EA fixes this, than can be quite irritating.
    I haven't gotten university yet, but I guess I have something to watch out for now.
  • GothicansGothicans Posts: 129
    edited April 2013
    Happens to me too :( I delete them too but mine don't seem to come back. I am creating a whole new town though so I don't have much time to check on them when I'm playing one household (with storyprogression which is why I thought my game was doing this but obviously not). I think it's a glitch :(
    edited April 2013
    It must be a glitch because because I have both Story Progression and Aging turned off.

I've tried a number of work-around things that do NOT seem to work:

1. dismiss roommate = Roommates leave but still appear in the Household Sim's relationships and still return the next day at 9:00 am.

2. use testingcheatsenable true and object > Delete it = roommates disappear entirely from the game but still return the next day at 9:00 am.

3. use Nraas Mod with "Total Annihilation" option = same results as above.

If anyone has any other ideas of possible things to try I am willing to do so! Thank you again!

• sexymankiller329sexymankiller329 Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this issue too, then I checked the lot type...it was set to apartment! Silly me! So I changed it and now no more random roommates! :D Yay!
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone, closing this thread down as it's quite old at this point. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top