Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fat Mermaids!

I love 'em!!!! :oops:

Tonight! My friends! Tonight, I had better see this thread brimming with big beauties!! Show me yer fat mermaids! YAY!

The quoted part was written WAY before we got any information on mersims.
(**Psssst!! EA! Put Mersims in CAS!! Puhlleaaaaaaaaaase!!)

My IP story is about a rich teenager that gets kicked out and becomes a hobo. He lives on a raft and makes his money as a fisherman, then one day he's gonna fish himself up a whale of a girl!

(I'm SO excited!!)
I hope she's as pretty as this:

tumblr_m19igwRDZW1qfosoyo1_1280.jpg

Ooh! Or this!

tumblr_liygudWCWU1qgdrxko1_500.jpg

Look at this! I LOVE HER! LOVE HER! Manatee Girl is GORGEOUS!!--I'd have my hobo marry her if I could!

tumblr_m6acbmkECu1qghowqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_me6n7tKczs1qfosoyo1_1280.jpg

Now for your viewing pleasure as promised, I give you, Fat Mermaids:

They are awesome.

my-home-mermaid-Sasha-gorec.png
overlordiimermaid.jpg
fat_mermaid___daily_painting_small_figurative_oil_13dc3ef0ae49467367b3ab3092858856.jpg
tumblr_mcfqlngQp51r1d7hvo1_500.jpg
fatmermaid.jpg
tumblr_mjkq0zOZwY1rnh15vo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lm2p9gSRfp1qb6vok.jpg
tumblr_mkghphvFbI1r406hio1_500.jpg
fatmermaid1.jpg

I would love love love love to get some mammal like mersim tails and octopus tails (Ursula style.)

Blue_Octopus_Mermaid_by_Aman[code]daKathryn.jpg
Octopus_Mermaid_by_Fairiesworkshop.jpg
blue_ring_octopus_mermaid_by_mrsgooger-d30oy34.jpg
octopus_mermaid_2_by_shin_himatomora-d4fub1r.jpg
787x1113_12573_%E6%B5%B7%E5%BA%95%E5%A5%87%E7%BC%98_2d_illustration_fantasy_octopus_mermaid_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
6557807265_98126be8e1_z.jpg
tumblr_mc2705MguU1rteayzo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m6yu2mWyPl1r8d7gpo1_500.png
ursula_by_viria13-d3hc9b5.jpg

Then of course the mother of them all in her natural fat form:

tumblr_m7c8cnrAvE1qzk884.gif

I know that's probably just my own wishful thinking. I'm going to say this ahead of time, I don't think we'll be getting tentacles. As AWESOME of an idea as I think it is, the time it would take to animate the tentacles to work within this world might be too much to ask of EA currently, maybe we'll get those odd tail styles in TS4?

Though, I'm hoping for at LEAST different kinds of regular mermaid tails and different colorings like tropical fish and koi and such....different gill, webbing and fin options.

It would be awesome if they could pick things up with their tentacles, like use a fork and such. LOL! Anyways.

EA is already taking on a lot of tasks. I almost wish they'd slow down and take their time. I'm still loving TS3!! They are doing a FANTASTIC job though and I'm loving the hard work. Thanks for Island Paradise and mersims EA!! **Pssst, put them in CAS. >_>

~~~~~~~~~ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

If you guys want more options for your mersims in creating them PLEASE go and sign the petition! Make sure to bump it up!

It's the ONLY way that we'll even have a chance of getting lots of customization for our mersims! Thanks!!

Here's the link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647720.page

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
thefoxsims.weebly.com/
3825869_orig.png

Comments

• Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope they give options for the tails (Provided mersims are in CAS). It would be so cool to have octopus tentacles for them.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited April 2013
    I really do too! I REAALLY want octopus tails for our mersims, but I fear that is probably too much to ask for because of the animations with the tentacles or something like that.

I really, really want octopus tentacles for our mersims though, it would be AWESOME especially for evil mersims!
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2013
    I too want fat mermaids. If we can't create them in cas then they missed the ball on this big time.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think mermaids are real but their not the gorgeous beauties that their made out to be. If you saw the special on animal planet about the one that washed up you'll know what I mean.

At anyrate I'm glad in the sims 3 they will look human. I've got some gorgeous white and black female sims who I want to be mermaids. That's another reason I want to make them in cas.

I think with underwater lots now mermaids can live in the cave or any lot you put down there. And yes if I can make mermaids in cas I'm going to make some fat ones. More to love for my sims. :wink:
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited April 2013
    'Murica. xD This is great, I'm going to also make a fat mermaid and she will be the sweetest person ever! She will be loved by all and one day she may become human( if mermaids can't walk on land) to fulfill her dream of being a cook!

This will be new. I usually make the thinnest sims ever (like myself, I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸) and this time I shall try it differently! :3
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited April 2013
    lol, you'd think mermaids would be super skinny with all that swimming they do...
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think you'll find that the image of a slender, beautiful mermaid is a more modern conception.

If you do any research on the mermaid myth you'll find that the generally held belief is that early sailors had seen manatees and dugongs. I'm guessing these guys had spent just a little too long on the ship.

manatee.png
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited April 2013
    No thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think you'll find that the image of a slender, beautiful mermaid is a more modern conception.

If you do any research on the mermaid myth you'll find that the generally held belief is that early sailors had seen manatees and dugongs. I'm guessing these guys had spent just a little too long on the ship.

manatee.png

Yea but this isn't the creature that was washed ashore on the beach that I was talking about on animal planet. It was a humonid creature with a tail and webb hands but the mermaid was not the attractive female many think of. It looked more like an alien and was aggressive to the boy that touched it.

It was dying so I guess it lashed out. This creature looked nothing like a manetee.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yea but this isn't the creature that was washed ashore on the beach that I was talking about on animal planet. It was a humonid creature with a tail and webb hands but the mermaid was not the attractive female many think of. It looked more like an alien and was aggressive to the boy that touched it.

It was dying so I guess it lashed out. This creature looked nothing like a manetee.

You're talking about the show "Mermaids The Body Found" ? It wasn't real.

Check what Snopes had to say

Mermaids: The Body Found was a purely fictional work, dealing with a purported military coverup of the discovery of a remnant population of mermaids described as an evolutionary offshoot of the "aquatic ape" hypothesis (a generally discounted idea that early Hominid species went through an aquatic phase in their evolution). The program was not fact but rather speculative science fiction, and it included obvious CGI-produced video sequences like the one displayed above.

You can read the whole thing here.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/supernatural/mermaids.asp

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AnnahMariaHAnnahMariaH Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2013

manatee.png

the animal planet mermaid was a hoax. It was suppose to be a fake document are you weren't suppose to fall for it:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/supernatural/mermaids.asp
    http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/05/30/11955621-were-you-fooled-by-animal-planets-mermaid-special?lite

Google will bless your life...
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    If I didn't know any better, I would think this is a thread intended to make fun of the idea of someone being kicked into the streets.
  • Options
    bluejay1381bluejay1381 Posts: 112
    edited April 2013
    I will be so upset if EA is stupid and doesn't put them in CAS or give different tail options... this is where the mods will come in. Imagine all of the mermaid mods!!!
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2013
    If they aren't in CAS, then you should be able to create them using NRaas MasterController.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited April 2013

manatee.png

Are you talk about this clip on Animal Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqleRxEDwrg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    amberaura23amberaura23 Posts: 434 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I think mermaids are real but their not the gorgeous beauties that their made out to be. If you saw the special on animal planet about the one that washed up you'll know what I mean.

At anyrate I'm glad in the sims 3 they will look human. I've got some gorgeous white and black female sims who I want to be mermaids. That's another reason I want to make them in cas.

I DID see that special on Animal Planet :shock: It ruined my perception of mermaids for quite some time :lol: I really want some gorgeous (human-looking) tubby mermaids too!
  • Options
    Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2013

Being a larger lady myself, I think the idea of BBW mermaids is brilliant, and I will hope to create one; I don't see why we should be restricted in that? All other occults/creatures have the full body sliders implemented, so they shouldn't stop us from creating chubby mermaids (and mermen, hopefully)...

Also, I love the tentacles idea!! It would give us more options in what kind of merfolk we would like to create (fish fins or octi legs).. If Ea won't give us some, maybe someone else might figure out how to mesh up some tentacles... I remember there being an Ursula sim for TS2 (it was on SapphireSims, which is no more..) which had tentacles. Granted she walked on the tips of them, and they got all funky when she laid or sat down - but it was awesome!
  • Options
    lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited April 2013
    EatChees wrote:
    I hope they give options for the tails (Provided mersims are in CAS). It would be so cool to have octopus tentacles for them.
    Yes! Just like they provided 6 wings for the fairy, I think it would be sooo much fun to have some tails for mersims.

And this idea is great! tbh I've never envisioned a fat mermaid, or mersim, so to say. Might as well try it out, but since I've already created my mermaid, perhaps in the second or third storyline. I LOVE this idea though:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I too want fat mermaids. If we can't create them in cas then they missed the ball on this big time.

I agree, if we can't create them in CAS, I will be SO disappointed. They included genies and ghosts into the supernatural CAS patch, which means that it doesn't matter what EP the supernatural is from, they can put it in there. If they don't I will be just baffled and a bit angry, I'll admit.

They should just put it in CAS, I know we probably won't get crazy cool things like tentacles for our mersims, but at least put them in CAS so we can make them as cool for ourselves as we can.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    MsMay wrote:

manatee.png

Are you talk about this clip on Animal Planet? And yea sadly, the show was the hoax.

Yes I was and why would animal planet want to show a hoax?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    If I didn't know any better, I would think this is a thread intended to make fun of the idea of someone being kicked into the streets.

How did you get that idea? At all? :shock:

This thread is about fat mermaids. I love them, they are both beautiful and comical depending upon their personalities and how they look. (That fat mermaid in the fishbowl with the dead fish, definitely funny. :p)

My storyline is about a rich teenager that gets kicked out on the streets. He ends up living on a raft and fishing to earn his living. It's a sims hobo challenge, you kick a sim off into the streets and make them live on a community park lot, but for IP I'll be using a medium sized raft (An empty houseboat platform.) for him to live on and fish off of.

I don't see how anyone would even think it was making fun of someone being kicked into the streets, that's awful. I like the challenge of starting him off with $1 in is pocket, a raft and a fishing pole. It's really fun to play as a homeless character, it's a real challenge. I've had sims nearly starve to death standing in front of a hot dog contest. :mrgreen:

I think he smelled so bad, nobody wanted to compete with him! LOL!
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Angellulu wrote:
    'Murica. xD This is great, I'm going to also make a fat mermaid and she will be the sweetest person ever! She will be loved by all and one day she may become human( if mermaids can't walk on land) to fulfill her dream of being a cook!

This will be new. I usually make the thinnest sims ever (like myself, I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸) and this time I shall try it differently! :3

LOL YUH! Sure is! I think it will be fun! I wouldn't mind having a whole lagoon of big beauties! Hahahaha!

Gawd, I hope mersims get 2 forms!! If they're in CAS they should have 2 forms like werewolves and different tail styles like faeries have wing styles.

I love your mermaid! She should specialize in seafood! :-o My simself would LOVE her, seafood is my favorite! I think this will be a new interesting way for a lot of simmers to play, it might open their mindset a little bit to playing just a little differently and it might be fun to play as someone not so much like yourself.

I think I'm going to have an absolute ball with this idea. Though, if my hobo falls in love with a skinny mermaid, I just might have to have some kind of mishap with a large n charge potion. :-o :twisted:

You should make your mersim nurturing, because she's so sweet. I bet she'll love baking cookies for her little ones. Oooh! When she has children, she should pack a picnic to the beach! She should make everything herself. I usually bake each of the kids a single serving of their favorite dishes and put it in the inventory to take out for a picnic.

I hope that little toddler animation in the shore is different for mersim babies. I hope they sprout up a tail when their mommies dip them in the surf! :-o How CUTE!!
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited April 2013
    MsMay wrote:

manatee.png

Are you talk about this clip on Animal Planet? And yea sadly, the show was the hoax.

Yes I was and why would animal planet want to show a hoax?

I don't know. I was wonder about that too. Probably they want to prank us, I guess.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    lol, you'd think mermaids would be super skinny with all that swimming they do...

I actually think they'd be more mammal like if they were real. Maybe muscular like a dolphin or something, but I love the idea of fishtail and octopus tails and many different styles to choose from.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    chubby_mermaid_by_anica_cruz-d4uwsvb.jpg
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png