Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unusable Floor Tiles - Solution?

I have a family in a house where 5 tiles had become randomly routable. When I went into build/buy mode, there was nothing there and nothing on the floor and I couldn't remove anything with moveobjects on or otherwise. I could not use the sledgehammer to destroy the square because they were 'Required by Item'. I was forced to move the family out because the spaces were in their kitchen in the only location I could place the stove and sink.

Being sentimental, I wanted to move them back into the house I had built for them. When I entered the house in Edit Town and Build mode, I noticed an oval shaped shiny grey rug (like the small rugs in the game) called 'SocialJigTwoPerson'. Only after moving the family out did this become visible. I was able to pick it up with move objects on and delete it. I was then able to delete the foundation pieces etc.

I suppose this is sort of a solution for this, but I'm posting this in the tech forums to see if anyone else has seen this in game as I had this problem way back with the base game when I'd deleted a child's activity table. Basically does anyone know what SocialJigTwoPerson represents in the game? I don't know the game code, but I wonder if this might make it easier for developers to patch this problem.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments