This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

So you can't swim in the ocean?

Am I doing something wrong? When I click on the ocean the only thing I can do is fish... To me there is no point in having an ocean if it isn't swim-able. I hope it gets added in an EP. :(

Comments

• Options
    seraphrevanseraphrevan Posts: 574 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think that the beaches in general are lacking a lot of potential interactivity that could make them awesome.
  • Options
    Kelly3221Kelly3221 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree. In Bon Voyage you could do many things on the beach lots Ex. comb for seashells, make sandcastles, sun bathe, swim in the ocean... Now the ocean itself looks better, but the options are very limited.
  • Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Dude, it would be great if you could collect seashells or sumfin.
  • Options
    SimChick1016SimChick1016 Posts: 8,609 Member
    edited June 2009
    Maybe they are saving that for an EP?
    Happy Simming! o:)
  • Options
    SmokaColaSmokaCola Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Maybe they are saving that for an EP?
    You win a cookie :D
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited June 2009
    the water looks amazing now and can't swim in it - this waiting thing is hard...just got the game and already wishing for certain things to be available.

maybe i am just too spoiled from all the different things available in sims 2...

i want to go on vacation/visit secret lots/control businesses/etc.
  • Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I noticed this earlier.... their was a neighborhood BBQ-athon ...thing... anyway I took my Clements family down and had them make hot dogs for everyone (opportunity) and then I wanted to have them sit on the beach and build a sand castl together but it wasnt there :(

Hubby wanted to make his athletic sim swim in the ocean and we found out (After he had his sim jog across town to the beach) that that option isnt there.

Im hoping for the interactions to come back (+ some) in the first expansion! :)

-Jess
  • Options
    Kennybenny19Kennybenny19 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know 🐸🐸🐸🐸... Even the sims 2 in Vacation you could swim in the ocean.
  • Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    DUDE - Scuba Diving.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2009

But not in the Sims 2 base game.
  • Options
    TassieTassie Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The game has only been around a few days. It can't have everything from the beginning.
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2009

Yeah but again this points to an expansion pack. It will likely be added later when some sort of environment/outdoor activity expansion pack comes along.
  • Options
    devidevi Posts: 4,721 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hopefully it will be added to an ep
  • Options
    JoslineJosline Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    I agree, mostly because I like throwing parties in the Sims 3 and I wanted to have a beach party but then I remembered you can't swim in the beach, so that made me mad. I hope in the next Expansion pack or Stuff pack they give us the opportunity to let us swim in the ocean!

~Josline :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SilverulzSilverulz Posts: 1,165 New Member
    edited April 2012
    U do realise this is like 3 years old?
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited April 2012
    who's just dug up this archive of a thread?
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited April 2012
    Silverulz wrote:
    U do realise this is like 3 years old?

Really?

Now that the game has been out and we are nearing the last EP I do hope these options are added. I'd also like to be able to have my sims go farther out in the "ocean" to fish. Like up to the knees. Catch bigger fish when they do this.

Scuba diving would be fun like they had the tank way back when.
    Yep there is still so much that we'd like to have.

EA are you listening??
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't understand why people get so worked up about "resurrecting" a thread, and then commenting like "do you even know how this thread is?!" It's ironic, no? Sure, I'm even doing it now ... ._.

And So what - it may have helped them with something.
  • Options
    SilverulzSilverulz Posts: 1,165 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Conorsim wrote:
    I don't understand why people get so worked up about "resurrecting" a thread, and then commenting like "do you even know how this thread is?!" It's ironic, no? Sure, I'm even doing it now ... ._.

I know but resurrecting threads that are things like 'look! I killed Bella!' in my point of view is kinda stupid because it is long gone news. + sims addiction : I never knew it was the last ep ,, :( I'm upset now I'm crying ( well not really I just hav a cold so I have a runny nose and watery eyes) do you think ey will release the sims 4 soon?
  • Options
    HomeworkerHomeworker Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited April 2012
    Surfing should definitely be added!!
    sig-advert.jpg
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited April 2012
    Silverulz wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:

I know but resurrecting threads that are things like 'look! I killed Bella!' in my point of view is kinda stupid because it is long gone news. + sims addiction : I never knew it was the last ep ,, :( I'm upset now I'm crying ( well not really I just hav a cold so I have a runny nose and watery eyes) do you think ey will release the sims 4 soon?

It's not the last but we are getting close, "rumors" figure there will be only 2 more eps.

I find it funny that people complain about resurrecting an old post almost as bad as they do posting about something that's already been posted.

I would also like to add pets swimming in ocean and dogs catching fish.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited April 2012
    Silverulz wrote:
    Conorsim wrote:

It's not the last but we are getting close, "rumors" figure there will be only 2 more eps.

I find it funny that people complain about resurrecting an old post almost as bad as they do posting about something that's already been posted.

I would also like to add pets swimming in ocean and dogs catching fish.
    Most agree there will be 10eps and 10sps, so that would make it three more EP's to come and 4 more SP's (inclusing KP sweet treats) :D