Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best site to pre order physical copy?

I need to PRE-Order IP, and I need to know the best site (cheapest, fastest) to pre order this expansion,

Ive never pre ordered before, so I need help!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png

Comments

• ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think it depends on your location? I've always just ordered from EA/origin. Well "always" isn't really correct as I've only pre-ordered the original Sims 4 years ago!! I now just buy right from Walmart
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited April 2013
    As for me, I mostly preorder/order from Amazon.com.
  • BabyCakes13BabyCakes13 Posts: 575 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd say amazon or Origin. Or if you have gamestop where you live you could do it there.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited April 2013
    Don't bother pre-ordering. Just go down to Wal-Mart, or Target, or Best Buy or one of those and pick one up.
  • KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited April 2013
    If you really want to pre-order, go for Amazon, they usually offer release day arrival. Origin doesn't get the physical DVD out on release day, they specialize in digital downloads.
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2013
    bklienhart wrote:
    Don't bother pre-ordering. Just go down to Wal-Mart, or Target, or Best Buy or one of those and pick one up.
    I think that he was wanting the limited edition content. In which I have no clue on how that would play out when pre-ordering a hard copy. Would you still get the limited edition content when pre-ordering a hard copy? Or do you have to pre-order from Origin in order to get the survival kit? :D
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited April 2013
    Limited Edition goes out to all of the stores, for about the first six months. Anywhere you buy it is going to be limited edition.

Frequently there is a separate pre-order bonus from Origin, but that has nothing to do with the Limited Edition stuff. You only get that when you order a digital version from Origin.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2013
    If you're in the states, Amazon is the way to go. They have never once let me down with getting an EP to me by release date, and for free shipping because it's over $25 (Stuff Packs take longer because they're not $25, just in case you were wondering.)

This time out though I'm going to be risky and go via origin download just so I don't have to have a disc. Will probably buy a physical copy eventually just in case of online/origin failure but will wait until it's way on sale for that. :shock:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2013
    :D I have ordered the last 4/5 from Origin, because they give free sim stuff with their preorders. With Uni., preorder people got an extra bike and stuff. I can't wait to see what we get with them for IP. Usually, they show their free content around 3wks. before release date and as long as you preorder before release date, you are in.

You pick physical copy when you order and you will know you did it right when you see the shipping charge, which for me is usually around $3. As far as getting it, mostly it comes on the day it is suppose to. I did get SN a couple of days late and 70's ect. came a few days before release date(which I think wasn't suppose to happen). On game day, you get a code via e-mail for the free origin set to click. Usually, I get the game and register it. Then, I use the code inside the game for the Limited Edition set, and last, I go to my e-mail and click to get the free set from origin. The set will show up in your purchase history for you to download.

I'm so happy about free, extra content for my game that it is worth it to order from origin. Hope this helps. Happy simming. :D