Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

L-Shaped Staircases

MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
I know there's a way to make these using the constrainfloorelevation cheat, but I would really love a way to make these that don't mess up my wall elevation and give you that bizarre wall shape that makes it difficult to place windows and doors on. This cheat can also ruin a lot if done incorrectly so it would be nice to avoid that!! This would also be sooo helpful in creating staircases to basements where you have used a foundation on the house.

Another thing that would be nice, especially for attached garages, would be the ability to place walls next to foundations.

There are a lot of building restrictions that I wish weren't there and it would be nice if these could be changed to allow for these kinds of building options without cheats.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Options
    frommanfromman Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2013
    I am all for this, however I believe that it'd be something to add to TS4. Probably the best way to make the connection between a wall on a foundation and one that isn't would be adding a taller wall. Basically it'd be a combination of a foundation wall and regular wall to form a single wall where you could put doors and windows.
    MNRSm.jpg
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've wanted these since Sims 3 was first announced. At least we had those 1/4 height wall stages in Sims 2 but we don't even have those now. I'll keeping hoping though. ;)
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited April 2013
    I also miss the 1/4 wall stage from Sims 2. I would love to see it return with a 1/2 wall and 3/4 wall stage. One can dream at least. :lol:
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited April 2013
    I loved the 1/4 inch wall stage in TS2. It made things so much easier when trying elevated living rooms and L shape stairs. CFE is such a pain in the rump and you always have that slanted wall and it just never looks right. I whole heartily agree. :)