Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise with Seasons

I am curious how Island Paradise will work with Seasons. Mainly during the cold months like winter.

Will it snow on these islands? Or they going to be hot tropical islands!

Honestly, would be amazing if there was winter resorts as well, but obviously by the name that is not true.

Comments

• thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    All weather will be present on the island unless you choose otherwise.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2013
    It's likely going to to be just like Sunset Valley in winter with snow right on the beach. But you can always do what I did in Sunlit Tides. Use the option to shut down the snow, and shift/click on any open ground to set air temp. I had set the air temp for Sunlit Tide to 78 degrees. :D
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    I am curious how Island Paradise will work with Seasons. Mainly during the cold months like winter.

Honestly, would be amazing if there was winter resorts as well, but obviously by the name that is not true.

You can turn off specific seasons. :)
    edited April 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

You can, but what if you want winter celebration. You won't get that if you shut off winter entirely from the option. :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited April 2013
    If you have seasons not only will you get all kinds of weather unless you change it to one season you'll be able to add all the fun stuff to the beaches and pools that came with seasons.\

Eg
    Food concession stands

Soccer

Snowcone Machine

The pool lounger balloon that sims can lay on in the pool or ocean

Kissing booths if you want them on the beach

Then there is the holidays. Eg on Snowflake Day have your houseboat decorated for the holidays with christmas tree from the store. Also our houseboats may have holiday lights on them.

Adding the seasons stuff to the beaches combined with the new beach stuff were getting like beach towels,searching for shells,wind surfing and water skiing will make for some awesome beach activities.
    edited April 2013
    You can't add holiday lights to a flat roof structure, no matter what it is. Unless EA has changed that. I know because I have tried to hang holiday lights on that modern day mansion that's just down the road from the Van Goulds' place in Moonlight Falls. :D
  • ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited April 2013

The name is simply "Island Paradise". There're many different islands, from Greenland (which is a snowy wonderland) to Ireland (The Emerald Isle) to Fiji (a tropical island). Paradise will be different things to different people, though the theme does seem to be focusing more on the tropical side. This doesn't mean the features are completely useless in other climates, though. Houseboats exist all up and down the coasts, and some people prefer diving in arctic waters.

Personally, I've always believed that The Sims was about variety and creativity. I hope they keep that in mind as they put the finishing touches on the expansion.
  • Davis5930Davis5930 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="GREENEYA;c-10635237"][quote=CrazyFrog824]I am curious how Island Paradise will work with Seasons. Mainly during the cold months like winter.

Honestly, would be amazing if there was winter resorts as well, but obviously by the name that is not true. [/quote]

You can turn off specific seasons. :) [/quote]

How do you turn off specific seasons?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Davis5930 wrote: »
    GREENEYA wrote: »

How do you turn off specific seasons?

@Davis5930, I'm assuming that you're playing Sims 3. You can go into the options tab and click off what weather you don't want and/or shorten the seasons.

If you're playing Sims 4, then you need to ask this question over in The Sims 4 section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2013.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there folks considering this is quite an old thread I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top