Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonlight Falls Crashing Issue?

I have a family in Sunset Valley that I played for an extensive period of time (2nd Generation to YA) without a crash (outside of the 2nd floor building a house crash prior to starting a game). I decided to try out Moonlight Falls and after only a short period, I got a crash with the message 'The Sims 3 has stopped responding' etc. Has anyone experienced simliar issues that are exclusive to Moonlight Falls?

I posted my DX on here recently and I'm not at home, but here are my specs, all drivers are confirmed up to date as is Windows 7. Other than this issue, the game runs well after dumping some pattern CC which was causing quite a bit of create a style lagging.

Phenom II x4 965 BE - 3.4gHz
8GB Ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC

I keep an eye on my temps and voltages and my CPU doesn't reach over 45c and my GPU hasn't reached over 45c either (HAF case with tons of fans, i worry about overheating!!). Could anyone give me any suggestions or let me know if Moonlight Falls has posed a crashing issue for anyone else?
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've only been playing Moonlight falls and MonteVista lately but I've had crashes in both of them and lose the saved game entirely. I have to have 2 saved games in case it happens to one of them. It usually happens right after I have the household build. I'm in the habit of saving as soon as I come out of build/buy mode and that's when it happens.

It's not the second story wall issue because it crashes when I build on the first floor too. Edit town mode seems to be fine so far. I have a Moonlight falls saved game just for building and never have the problem, I guess because I don't build in live mode.
    (I feel like this started after I started downloading store content[I have all the updates so that shouldn't be the reason])

I had Supernatural & Seasons for a while without this particular problem. I know this dosn't help but at least we can commiserate. (Just lost a game because I forgot to double save...they were upgrading the house to prepare for a new baby.) :(
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2013
    hey MiyuEmi

so here's your link with old dxdiag
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/666871.page#10588555

be interested in knowing how your updates went, including service pack

have u lowered your in game graphics yet?

also try this drag sims 3 doc folder to the desktop and launch a test game in a new moonlight falls. try build/buy and then save and exit.

if this works u can move back saved material in batches with testing to see if removes all corrupted data.

do u have seasons?

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    Lowered graphics settings a bit but the lagging generally cleared up after getting rid of some old CC patterns and yes, finally got that SP1 on my Windows, think that's fully updated at this point. Only took like 3 runs of updates!

Yes, I do have Seasons. I'll give that drag and drop a try but I'm doing a big CC clear out tonight just to be on the safe side. Just wanted to check with people here and see if there were any known issues with Moonlight Falls because Supernatural is also a new EP to me. Installed it with the rest after my system build. Went largely in order by did my digital copies last, hope that doesn't cause a problems like it used to. The game was updated to 1.50 when I installed the Base Game. But that wouldn't make sense as Sunset Valley runs fine without crashing so who knows!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited April 2013
    Get error trap from NRAAS. My guess is all those moondials in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are causing it with their start up error, error trap can handle that. Either that of go around and delete all 9 that are there in a new game and the other 20 or so that people will get over time.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
    edited April 2013
    Get error trap from NRAAS. My guess is all those moondials in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are causing it with their start up error, error trap can handle that. Either that of go around and delete all 9 that are there in a new game and the other 20 or so that people will get over time.

Thanks so much, I'll try that!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, unfortunately this is just happening in Moonlight Falls so I don't think I'll play in this town until it's patched. Shame as it's a nice looking town!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]