Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Roommate services..." menu missing and residential lot type bug

Who else doesn't have this option in their game and keeps having to boot/delete unwanted household members?
And what about that annoying bug that keeps changing the residential lot type from "Regular" to "Apartment"? Anyone else?

Please state your case here - strength in numbers and all that ;)
I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...

Comments

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    If a lot is set up as an apartment, the game will always automatically fill any empty slots on the lot to make 8 Sims in total live there. The menu will disappear. I believe that this is NOT a glitch and is meant to be this way.

The lot reverting back into an apartment lot is definitely a glitch. I don't believe there is a known work around other than replacing the lot with a new one. Hopefully this will be fixed with the patch.
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I've also come to figure that out about the menu - thanks!
    I hope EA fixes the lot type glitch and I must say I thought there would be many more players with this problem... If there aren't, I'm happy for them, but that may mean that fixing this glitch will never get near the top of EA's priorities :(
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...