Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Question about the Resorts in Island Paradise

Hi there,

I Just watched The Sims 3 Island Paradise trailer and I am sooooo excited for it but I have a question about the resorts...

Can you fully customize the resorts, for example can you start from scratch and build every wall and place every bit of furniture inside and outside.

I'm asking this because I'm a little worried that the resorts end up as rabbitholes because in the trailer the didn't show us inside the resorts, and the book-in guy was outside, not inside.

Also can we hire people and make them work as maids, bartenders etc.

Comments

• bbordewykbbordewyk Posts: 64 Member
    edited April 2013
    Well, as far as I've read and have posted earlier,
    - You can build resorts (inside and out) in home worlds
    - You can place special rabbithole "towers" on your resort to attract more customers
    - You can manage the resort or visit a resort in your home world for a family or couples retreat
    "Players will be able to set the prices of their resorts, allowing them to adjust prices to be perfect for profitability while still cheap enough to draw in customers, as well as choosing what employees they will hire to help them manage a resort."
    - You CANNOT however go on vacation to a resort since the Island Paradise world is a home world NOT a travel destination
    Which is really disappointing ):

But at least there's the NRaas traveler mod. /:
  • ElfCharm666ElfCharm666 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I think you can fully customize your own resort. It would be lame if this was a rabbithole and showed it this amount of time in the trailer.
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks bro for clearing things up! :D
    But it is a shame that you can't go on vacation to a resort though :/
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited April 2013
    You can stay at a resort, only that it is in your hometown.