Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you want to see in Sims 4?

As the title says

Comments

• Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    The Wants and Fears system. I hate wishes system.
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd like a more finished game :P

Turn ons and turn offs from Sims 2 looked interesting too. From Sims 2 videos, I'd like the amount of items and interactions that base game had. Seems to me, if you merged Sims 2 and Sims 3 to make a Sims 5, you'd have the perfect Sims. Never played Sims 2 though on PC, but the ability to visit everyone in an apartment building would be good, ability to enter every building (maybe do some clever loading like Tony Hawk Project 8 did on 360, say make buildings far from you, just be black interiors until you get near and it loads them up in the background).

Just seen there's another thread like this 2 threads down :(

Edit: almost forgot, more sliders in CAS. Keep muscle, breasts, weight etc, add hips and waist and maybe girth as well
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm really tired of typing this over and over again :lol: Everything found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/593662.page

Short list of it:

Real Open World
    Optional Multiplayer Features
    Improved User Interface
    New Look Of Sims
    Additional Base Game Features
    No Rabbit Holes
    Improved Sim Interactions
    Stunning Graphics
    New Personality System
    Additional Building Tools
    Improved Population Control
    New Careers Setup

As for graphics, I'm sure EA won't spare us AT ALL. All their games released recently are burning high-end PCs so I'm sure they'll work hard on bringing us as demanding graphics as possible :lol:
  • fiona29054fiona29054 Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    No Rabbit Holes
    That would get very hectic and annoying. Think about a full family of 8, all with work or school! That would get complicated.
  • fiona29054fiona29054 Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    Turn ons and offs, more new recipes generations stuff with the base game ( bachelor/bachelorette parties wedding parties costume chest...etc.) The only thing that I wouldn't mind being out of the sims 4 base game from generations is IFs. Height slider, better hairstyles.
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Real Open World
    Don't we already have an open world? Or do you mean connected cities like in SimCity?
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Down for it. Wanna play with my real freinds sometimes!
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Improved User Interface
    Agreed.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    New Look Of Sims
    Agreed.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    What do you mean?
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    No Rabbit Holes
    I like rabbit holes. They take a load off when I have many Sims in one household. I would like restaurants to be open though.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Stunning Graphics
    No doubt about it!
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    New Personality System
    I think they should keep the traits, but expand on them.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Indoor foundations (forgot what they are called) Miss them from TS2!
  • Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited April 2013
    Would a Bicep Size slider be possible in the Sims 4,it would be cool to see the male and female sim biceps grow
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

This.

I want the game to feel like TS2, with parts of TS3 (ie. Living in different worlds, travel to different worlds). But I want the game to feel nostalgic. TS2 had so much charm, and was actually funny, whereas TS3 is not charming. It's been 5 years and TS3 still doesn't feel complete. TS2 feels complete with 8 EPs while TS3 still doesn't with 9 EPs.

Graphic have to be better too, but not too real looking like GTA. I still like a cartoony look rather than full-blown graphics.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited April 2013
    A 2015 release date.

What?...you asked.... :lol: :twisted:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Real Open World
    Don't we already have an open world? Or do you mean connected cities like in SimCity?
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Down for it. Wanna play with my real freinds sometimes!
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Improved User Interface
    Agreed.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    New Look Of Sims
    Agreed.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    What do you mean?
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    No Rabbit Holes
    I like rabbit holes. They take a load off when I have many Sims in one household. I would like restaurants to be open though.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Stunning Graphics
    No doubt about it!
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    New Personality System
    I think they should keep the traits, but expand on them.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Indoor foundations (forgot what they are called) Miss them from TS2!
    I just posted list of paragraphs from my thread, so that's why some of it doesn't make sense :) You can see full descriptions of those lines here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/593662.page

What I mean by base game features is weather such as rain, snow, heat, hail, cold. Simply weather, nothing major like festivals and such activities. If we're given weather in base game, there would possibly be some EP content which would work with weather from the start. Festivals should come later on in a Carnival EP (in my opinion).

As for rabbitholes, I described them as: "There would also be a way to disable interactive jobs and ‘lock down’ a rabbit hole." so nobody gets hurt :) But places such as restaurants and shops should definitely be open if not locations like city hall etc.
    edited April 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    What I mean by base game features is weather such as rain, snow, heat, hail, cold. Simply weather, nothing major like festivals and such activities. If we're given weather in base game, there would possibly be some EP content which would work with weather from the start. Festivals should come later on in a Carnival EP (in my opinion).

This.

TS4 base game has to include weather, without festivals of course. I mean, I'm not willing to wait another 5 years just to get some precipitation in my game :roll:

• Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've come up whith a lot so,
    I think they should make Families a bit more realistic, for instants they should have a family trait or something so like brothers and sisters will fight and not just make up afterwards, also you should be able to make sibling older or younger, I know if you a child and you have a brother who's like seventeen then he's oviously older but what if you both teenagers,I get this problem cause my brother is older than me but were both teens. i know you can make there star signs but seen as my birthday is before my brothers it means on sims i'm older than him which isn't what i want. so you should be able to make one older than the other. My next thing is we should be able to creat a family history with people like great grand parents who are dead or like aunts and uncles who maybe just live in a different town, but we can still create them and there family, it's just I have a big family and I can't create all of it as I run out of sims. we should be able to say if sims are dead or alive so you can have a family history, also if sims are divorced or not and they got married again i think that would be cool it would give a more realistic feel to the game.talking of realistic, i think you should put all the supernatural people in just one expansion pack because I don't want to get nightlife for the vampires cause i don't want vampires in my game and the same with aliens. Also can we please have some good jobs for people like the artists it's just i have to choose from things i don't want to do, you could just be an artist or a game designer, i know you can do that on university but you have to become a geek but it's hard cause i'm always a rebel cause i do spray painting, also other careers like teacher or actress and i know thats in night life but i don't have that. also i think we should be able to have a model or broadway star or a racing driver or even work for a museum. also I think the days should be longer i know in university i just don't have enough time to do everything i want to do because of lessons. also we should have the game of spin the bottle and things like facebook and twitter, also I do have a really good expansion pack idea. which i will do later, but anyway the romance could be better like kissing like being able to lean against walls that might seem a strange one but yeah i am strange.
    thtats it it's long but thats what i think. also keep the traits there good.
    edited April 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:

This.

I want the game to feel like TS2, with parts of TS3 (ie. Living in different worlds, travel to different worlds). But I want the game to feel nostalgic. TS2 had so much charm, and was actually funny, whereas TS3 is not charming. It's been 5 years and TS3 still doesn't feel complete. TS2 feels complete with 8 EPs while TS3 still doesn't with 9 EPs.

Graphic have to be better too, but not too real looking like GTA. I still like a cartoony look rather than full-blown graphics.

This is pretty much how I feel about Sims 3. Decent game, but unfinished (marred by bugs etc).
    edited April 2013
    fiona29054 wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    No Rabbit Holes
    That would get very hectic and annoying. Think about a full family of 8, all with work or school! That would get complicated.

You could have everythin within, say, 1 mile of your active sim loaded and actually being simulated, and everything outside it goes into a kind of reduced state where the game says Sim X did this, but doesn't actually simulate them doing this. Would probably sotp it being too hectic.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited April 2013
    I thought there was a thread already out there on this subject. In fact, I know there was, and I commented on it...oh well, just in case I was dreaming ( :D ) I'll write another response.

First and foremost....NO ONLINE ALL THE TIME! NO CLOUD SAVES! NO MMO!

Those are all deal breakers for me and a lot of other Simmers too!

What I would like to see in a new sims game would be more like the Sims 2 as far as community lots; lighting; color saturation (or the lack thereof) and texture quality. Everything in ts3 is just tooo tooo much in color and it lacks in textures.

In ts2, cloth looks like cloth. Wood looks like wood. In ts3 everything looks like a child's color book, but the kid used magic markers instead of crayons. It's really dreadful IMO.

Sim behavior should be more like the sims in The Sims 2. They acted more alive. They became little pets. You felt like you wanted to nurture them, unlike the robots we have now in ts3.

I don't want any moodlets whatsoever. I want the sims team to put in the effort of making the sims act out their feeling. I want them to do the animations that are appropriate for the situation. I don't want them to reuse the same animations over and over.

I want the sims to have memories that are interwoven into the game, like in ts2, where the sims actually behaved like they knew it had happened. I want them to connect to one another, like they did in ts2...

I want them to take ts2 in its entirety, update the sims so that they look more like other games where the characters look ALIVE, or if EA doesn't want to do it, then at least make the game modable so that the community creators can make skins (and eyes and hair) that we can use to give that real live human look.

I just want ts2 with the things that made ts3 more successful, like creat-a-style; the body sliders;

I can't think of anything else that is really better.

Oh, I like the way the jobs work. Where we can tell our sims how to work or leave if we want them to. I think the whole career system in 3 is very well done.

But really, I just want a better TS2. I'm back playing that b/c it's just so much more fun.

ETA: I don't care about the open world, I really don't. If I had to choose between the open world and Sim behavior/open community lots opposed to rabbit holes, I'd take the ts2 world every time.

I absolutely DO NOT WANT RABBIT HOLES FOR VENUES!!!!!! This was a lesson on how to turn a fun game into a totally boring, lifeless mess. I'm being gracious here folks. There are much more descriptive words that would better fit what they did to this game.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • sodelishusbabiisodelishusbabii Posts: 7
    edited April 2013
    I want to see

More better details when it comes to our ideas, not half done projects
    More interactions for all ages
    More realistic features like eyes blinking eyelashes density growing hair and nails, different muscle tone and multiple body sliders, better looking pets and more features and accessories
    Realistic problems like blind or in a wheelchair
    Superhero sims ;)
    More better hairstyles and clothes that move and hair that can move when they walk
    And if they want their hair changed or outfit changed they have to buy it at the mall and go to the salon to get it done if their hair gets shaved they have to wait for it to grow back
    There should also be more reasons for ur sim to get arrested or have to use the hospital because it just sits there
    Better venues like circus, open museum, aquarium, zoo, carnivals and fairs, forests, lakes for swimming,
    Better wild animals: bears,alligators,moose,rabbits,skunks,porcupine, frogs,worms, gophers,squirrels climbing trees, bats etc.
    vermins in the home
    Skateboarding,scooters,roller skating and blading, sledding, skiing,
    Shooting ranges, fencing,archery,
    Exotic animals owner and lover
    Zookeeper
    Frenemies
    Mall shopping in a group that stays together and leaves together
    Secret parties
    More than one high school, elementary school, middle school and colleges
    Two different town option where one side is country one side city
    Double and triple strollers
    Children's push toys, sit in cars, children and toddler skates
    Trending items ( latest toys and clothes toddlers - elders can wish for)
    Christmas lists
    Animals escape from the zoo
    More jobs that aren't rabbit holes
    More things to do at the park handball and tennis courts bicycle routes, picnic areas, children playground like the urban playground ones with sprinkles, bucket swings for toddlers, cotton candy machines and peanut and popcorn carts, food carts, ice cream trucks and icee carts, hula hoops

Just little things like that would make me happy about sims4
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

If i can expand a little on this as well Icy Lava because I also would like to see wants and fears come back but not in the same style as sims 2.

I'd like to see fears come back as an emotion so to speak in the game. Where the scenery or situation gets scary i'd like to see my sims have a physical reaction. An example is lets say my sims husband catches fire i'd like to see in her face she's terrified of the fire and as you say in sims 2 what would pop up is fear of death of said person. Then they would get a minus 5,000 points on the sims mood.

I think what should really happen is if the sims is actually that emotion should be reflected on the bar, and the moods should start to go south. An example the bladder bar drips down fast, depending on the trait the sims should react differently. I don't really want fears to be treated in a sense of where the sims went crazy. More so be treated as what it is something really scary happened.
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Peachy1102 wrote:
    I've come up whith a lot so,
    I think they should make Families a bit more realistic, for instants they should have a family trait or something so like brothers and sisters will fight and not just make up afterwards, also you should be able to make sibling older or younger, I know if you a child and you have a brother who's like seventeen then he's oviously older but what if you both teenagers,I get this problem cause my brother is older than me but were both teens. i know you can make there star signs but seen as my birthday is before my brothers it means on sims i'm older than him which isn't what i want. so you should be able to make one older than the other. My next thing is we should be able to creat a family history with people like great grand parents who are dead or like aunts and uncles who maybe just live in a different town, but we can still create them and there family, it's just I have a big family and I can't create all of it as I run out of sims. we should be able to say if sims are dead or alive so you can have a family history, also if sims are divorced or not and they got married again i think that would be cool it would give a more realistic feel to the game.talking of realistic, i think you should put all the supernatural people in just one expansion pack because I don't want to get nightlife for the vampires cause i don't want vampires in my game and the same with aliens. Also can we please have some good jobs for people like the artists it's just i have to choose from things i don't want to do, you could just be an artist or a game designer, i know you can do that on university but you have to become a geek but it's hard cause i'm always a rebel cause i do spray painting, also other careers like teacher or actress and i know thats in night life but i don't have that. also i think we should be able to have a model or broadway star or a racing driver or even work for a museum. also I think the days should be longer i know in university i just don't have enough time to do everything i want to do because of lessons. also we should have the game of spin the bottle and things like facebook and twitter, also I do have a really good expansion pack idea. which i will do later, but anyway the romance could be better like kissing like being able to lean against walls that might seem a strange one but yeah i am strange.
    thtats it it's long but thats what i think. also keep the traits there good.

read over this pretty fast some people want bigger families so they can make everyone they know. i tried making a family of 42 with free will on and the game just breaks. seems the AI cant handle that many on free will :/ 25-26 is really pushing it. at the moment i got 25 sims wich is probably on the limit 26/27 pushes it and above that you get sims standing around doing nothing. i hope sims 4 removes these barriers. if i want to play with 42 sims in a nice hotel that i built i want to be able to do that :/ also i want to be able to control the clock speed :/ people should be able to set the speed themselves this definitely needs to be in the sims 4 and be better optimised game :/ hopefully not overworking the graphics card -.-
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited April 2013
    I want - attractive sims. Yes I have seen some. But it seems like whenever I enter CAS, whew! Ugh! Maybe there's some secret I haven't gotten yet to not making chubby double chinned wide hipped 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cartoon monsters! Arg!
  • raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited April 2013
    I would like to see slower promotions. Going from level 1 to level 10 in two sim weeks is too fast.
    edited April 2013
    Realistic problems like blind or in a wheelchair

Did you even read anything of what anyone has said about disabilities never being added into the game? :roll:
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2013
    The thing I want most is more attractive Sims with better animations. I've never been able to get used to the cartoony look of Sims 3. I play Sims 2 instead mainly because I am able to use custom content to make my Sims look more grown-up and human. Also, different heights would be a nice addition to Sims 4.

I also want:

-Better textures and lighting. Again, not so cartoony. When I play other games I see how beautiful the graphics are and I want that so badly for the Sims!

-A better way to play multiple families in the same town is also important. I do not like the story progression in Sims 3. I like to control everything and easily move from one family to another. I want to easily play ALL of my Sims like I can in Sims 2.

- No moodlets! I want to see my Sims doing things, not read pop-ups about it.

- No rabbit holes! Again, I want to see my Sims doing things, not watch them disappear into a rabbit hole. I don't care about the open world and I'd rather have loading times than rabbit holes.

- NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!! I can't stress this enough. I only want Sims 4 if it's a single-player game. I DO NOT WANT to interact with other players while I play and I want to be able to save my game to my computer. I won't put hours and hours into creating lots and getting emotionally attached to Sims that I can't keep permanently.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    1. Transitional aging!

2. Subworlds, unlike these in TS3. Where Sims go back and forth anytime.

3. Shops are open 24hrs a day, no more closed at 2 A.M. If my Sims goes there I expect it to be open and Sims showing up.

4.No more cars in inventory. A need for a drive way and garage. A return of car animations and interactions.

5. The ability to click on the house next door as before, and play that family. No more going into a menu to have to change families. :roll:

6. The Ability to 'protect' my Sim family from SP. A choice to pick how many stay unchanged by SP at my discretion.

7. Custom Worlds in game..vacant templates supplied of the world templates. No more CAW! Vacant of buildings, Sims and decorations..just like in TS2.

8. No more loading from the last saved Sim or family! The ability to enter the hood/world and pick which ever household I want to play that day. This game cramps my style and I don't want to load my last saved family "Before' I can play someone else..or just to build in the world. If it doesn't have that feature back (total freedom) I won't be buying.

9. Sims that think for themselves. These Sims are really, really stupid. They can't walk around each other. A return of TS2's brain smarts..go around the Sim..you silly Sim!

10. The ability for Sims to do things humans do. Remove an overcoat and hang it up. Remove their shoes, and place toes in water, reach across a table to pick up something! Sit down beside a lanline phone and be able to use it sitting on a couch while it is on the end table. Reach over a Sim to get something behind them on the counter.

Sit down to use the cell phones..it's 2013!!
    2013...they still can't sit down!!

Lay on the bed, on stomach, yak on the phone, or read or whatever.

All objects be placed anywhere, coffee tables, endtables, counters, kitchen tables, on shelves..no more restrictions.

11. Toddlers climb stairs (short set) or climb up on decks as they begin to stand up. Better animations concerning toddlers.

12. Baby Limbs!!!

13. Workable closets that hold mops, brooms and other objects to use. Sims have to go to the closet to get the mop and put it away.
    Real life.

14. Closets that allow Sims to pick out their own clothes, again.

15. Real Apartment buildings..high rises (more than one family you can control at different times) or dublexes, or condos or townhouses. No more one Sim one bedroom apartment buildings! A return of TS2 style or even better, improved apartment buildings and playabilty features.

16. Sims no longer have moodlets..be done with them already! Please! A return of Aspiration Failure and consquences. It's not funny to just look at a silly moodlet. Even if it is cute. I want animations and crazy characters and consequences again!

17. I no longer want to read what my Sim thinks! I want to see it and I will know it.

18. Sims evolved..no more about the 'stuff' to play and build the 'dollhouse' I want the Sim to be improved and evolved. It's 2013..and Sims have returned to walking stiffly, moving awkwardly as they did in TS1. And not half as smart. If they haven't advanced the 'Sim' I'm not buying. This means a return of flowing movements, actions and abilities, new and old, a better AI..don't stand there all day when commanded. Think for yourself, if you are hungry, no more quick meals! Snacks in the cabinets, or on the counter, not just in the fridge.

I really hope I don't see TS3.2
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited April 2013
    Cinebar
    tumblr_m46emf9PBr1r3ox4ao1_500.gif

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    Continued.

19. OFB not a silly juice stand that when you command the Sim kid to man the table it falls out of queue half the time.

Day one..Sims can start home businesses..no more 'professions' that I have to do (quests) to be able to 'run' a business.

When they have enough money they can buy and run..operate litterally any community buildings in the town. Hire and fire employess..no more 'just a message' but actual animations and activities to do on the lot.

Command/Manage employees, just as before in TS2.

20. I agree no Rabbit Holes! Those days are over...so passe!

21. If I build it they will come. I expect no more restrictions of buildings depending on what they are 'called'. If I build it, it's full..no more whether they have the right traits..or the right time of day..or whatever...in this game I am completely trapped with no freedom to build whatever I want and it to actually work as it did in TS2.

I am trapped by the time, the name of it, the Sims jobs (at work) the attraction of it, or not, the emitters, the code to whether they will show up at all. :x Not only my PC. Which it should be if I build it they will show up..even if it is four o'clock in the morning.

21. No more carrying things like the DJ booth in pocket. A real DJ/NP dance all night!

22. I don't expect everthing will be gutted as in the base game of this game..no slow dance, no special kisses... :x no special interactions.

23. No more traits..they are useless. Personality points are better in some regards because the Sim actually has a reaction that causes them to do more better actions or interactions, or to 'see' why the Sim is upset..not just read about it.

24. If the next game leaves out several type deaths and the old grimmy then I'm not buying.

25. Open restaurants with waiter, hostess, cook etc..and if I build this lot my Sim can run it too..work as either the cook, waiter or host/hostess and hire employess.

26. No more premades taking up all the available lots near the center of towns. They better live in the outskirts and leave the good properties for 'my' Sims.

27. I would like to see diverse worlds/towns. Mountainous areas have snow or fog or whatever. Sims must dress to fit the area they live in the world. Near beaches have different temperatures, and houses, and Sims. Center of world/town is farm land..with real workable farms.

A grunge area across the tracks, a downtown area/business section and a bustling downtown life all in one world.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.