Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition - Acknowledge The Extremely Large Gameplay issue with Macs (18 signatures) GURUS PLEASE!

I'm pretty sure you all know that Mac users have been having problems for 5 months, and are tired of our threads getting moved here. Our complaints will stop when EA acknowledges this issue. (Go to the Mac forum if you want to know what prblems we're having) So sign this petition if you want this to stop.

Here are problems we're having:

-Games crashing within 5-10 minutes of gameplay
-Exception Raised error
-Graphic glitches in CAS
-Error code 12

All of these happen within 5-10 minutes of gameplay. It's been going on since November. Unacceptable. We have tried the following solutions, but they didn't help:

-Lowering graphic settings
-playing in windowed mode
-Uninstalling and reinstalling
-Removing CC and Mods
-Verifying Disk Permissions
-Factory Reset
-Deleting Caches and DCbackup
-Adding RAM

(YOU CANNOT UPGRADE YOUR PROCESSER OR GRAPHICS CARD IN A MAC)

The only thing that has worked, is installing windows onto your mac. Which costs nearly $200. We shouldn't have to do that.

Threads that have further info:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/521176.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/665552.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/610466.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/592958.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48717.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/654608.page
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/664080.page

Signatures

1. Corey785
2. jcp011c2
3. TanyaRubirose
4. yakevin
5. Icy_Lava
6. Arletta
7. SW33TH4RT
8. kirby356
9. Cindrellimouse
10. supersimsangsung
11. EnzoA7X
12. hannahghxx
13.ricky155gamer
14. zorba2357
15. Alexroz9
16. Christine400
17. Yumishi
18. brookesaywhatx

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't own a mac so I'm not personally affected but it, but I would feel pretty upset if the situation were reversed. So I'll sign in support of this! Friends Of Macs unite!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited April 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I don't own a mac so I'm not personally affected but it, but I would feel pretty upset if the situation were reversed. So I'll sign in support of this! Friends Of Macs unite!

Thanks. :D
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Add my name to the list before you read the rest of this post. I am not trying to argue against this; in fact, I support it. I'm trying to explain what may be the obstacles in the path. That way, you know what needs to be dealt with.

As much as I want the Mac game issues fixed myself (easiest way to get a community to stop complaining is to fix the problem they're complaining about), there are a few issues I have to admit contributed to EA's current stance towards Macs.

1. Steve Jobs- The deceased former head of Apple, and the biggest supporter of the idea Macs are not gaming computers. Want to know the real reason Mac gaming died? This guy was that reason. His statements against Macs as gaming computers still serve as the foundations of most of the arguments against Macs being considered gaming computers. In many ways, his demise was probably the greatest boon for Mac users, and in many ways his lasting legacy is still their greatest threat to being taken seriously and a major reason why they are ignored.

2. The Industry- Thanks to the successes of the campaign against Macs as gaming computers that the first item I mentioned had, even today the idea of developing primarily for Macs is... pretty much laughable. A number of game developers will outright tell you that if you're studying to be a game developer, passing familiarity with Macs is pretty much the lowest priority you will ever have, and it's very likely you will never do any programming for them. And this is things I'm hearing this year, not ten years in the past.

3. Linux, Unix, Etc.- Okay, pretty much, let me explain something: Of the three OSes today, Macs came first. Windows was invented to solve the problems Macs had and be more generally usable (as well as more durable; you can do things to a Windows system that would turn an Mac system into an expensive paperweight and still have a functional Windows computer). And Linux was created to solve problems with Windows. Now, to be honest, there's a lot more support for Linux machines to be gaming computers than there is for Macs (in part due to the fact Steve Jobs crushed most of the support for Macs as gaming computers). Top it all off, Linux, Unix, etc. systems are showing signs of even replacing Macs in certain areas, and it's increasingly looking like they will eventually push Macs out of the market altogether (everyone is pretty much accepting that Windows is here to stay). While those systems don't have Industry support yet, they are gaining it, and they're gaining it a lot faster than Macs are.

Now, these problems can be overcome... but, that has to be done by Apple. Mac users... are pretty much nonexistent in these considerations, by both the OS companies and by the gaming industry itself. Pretty much, as far as the big names are concerned, the typical Atari player matters more than a Mac user... thanks, of course, to the successes of Steve Jobs in neutralizing the voices of Mac users.
  • yakevinyakevin Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2013
    add my name to that list (º_º)/
    edited April 2013
    Tanya, I get what your saying, but this is because they haven't acknowledged our problems. Not that they haven't been fixed. I'll add your signature.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    Add me! Macs need good performance!
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2013
    Signed.

I'd want support if it were the other way around.
    edited April 2013
    Thank You Arletta and Icy_Lava! :D
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited April 2013
    Please add my name.

Acknowledgement is what I want most of all. Ever since I wasted my money on Seasons (had to uninstall in order to play at all), I really resent what I view as false advertising - the claim that the EPs after Supernatural work on Macs. I've accepted that I won't buy UL and IP and any other TS3 EPs that come after, but I feel terrible for the new users that will continue to waste their money if this claim continues to be made.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thankfully I don't have issues anymore, but in order to be free from crashing I had to uninstall Seasons. I shouldn't have to uninstall an EP just to get this game to work.

EA is there a reason you decided to ditch Aspyr, and go with Cider? I mean Aspyr was perfect, I'm sure Cider is cheaper, and you love the big bucks!

Of course I'll sign. MAC USERS UNITE :D

To EA: PLEASE USE ASPYR FOR TS4! ON BEHALF OF EVERY MAC USER WHO PLAYS THE SIMS 3, WE NEED ASPYR!

Thanks in advance.
    edited April 2013
    Thank you. I've added your signatures.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't have a Mac but...

SUPPORT THE MAC!

:lol:

signed.
    edited April 2013
    I don't have a Mac but...

SUPPORT THE MAC!

:lol:

signed.

Thanks! It doesn't matter if you don't have one.
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2013

No Mac here either - but I´m also signing this petition.

Z5yqGx5.png
    edited April 2013

No Mac here either - but I´m also signing this petition.

Thanks! :D
    edited April 2013
    Anyone else?
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited April 2013
    El Bump. :P
    edited April 2013
    Bump.
    edited April 2013
    bump
  • EnzoA7XEnzoA7X Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Also This. :thumbup:
    SIGNED :)
    EnzoA7X on here, RakeArmageddon in the Gallery :)
  • hannahghxxxhannahghxxx Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't have a Mac but signed :D
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    Just a quick, hopefully helpful, suggestion.

Perhaps you could list the main issues mac users are having? Personally, I know mac users are having trouble but I don't know what that trouble is! :XD: I'm sure there are others who may also be in the dark. I was thinking that by explaining the issues in the opening post you might get more support? :D
    edited April 2013
    Just a quick, hopefully helpful, suggestion.

Perhaps you could list the main issues mac users are having? Personally, I know mac users are having trouble but I don't know what that trouble is! :XD: I'm sure there are others who may also be in the dark. I was thinking that by explaining the issues in the opening post you might get more support? :D

That's a good idea! Unfourtanately, I'm on my phone and on the go, So I won't have time to type it up. I'll get to it as soon as I get to my computer.
    edited April 2013
    I gave a lot of info.
  • ricky155gamerricky155gamer Posts: 21 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Sign me up!-even though I don't have a mac.:thumbup: