Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 needs a bigger and better team

Haha, i saw a picture on facebook posted by The Sims 3 page. it was a picture of the new scuba diving feature in The Sims 3: Island Paradise EXPANSION PACK. And right under that post was a post by the GTA page which was a picture of a guy scuba diving. in comparison, i think these two pictures speak for themselves...903939_10151350900365079_609580212_o.jpgnew-gta-v-screens-scuba-diving-0.jpg?20130327-200804
(sorry the pictures are big, too lazy to find smaller ones, i just quickly got them from facebook)
So.... another thing id like to add is that the picture of Island Paradise is the gameplay picture of the the sims 3's 10th or 11th expansion pack while the lifelike and better looking picture under it is a picture of the game Grand Theft Auto 5 which is soon to be released.
GTA's open world maps have always been huge but this one is going to be 5x larger than the last GTA and that is equivalent to it's map being at least 25x larger than the sims 3's $40 maps that look like Dora The explorer's enviroment.
GTA includes countless more features than you could ever imagine would be in a sims game but thats that. maybe those features will be released in the next 6 expansion packs.
In total, all of the sims 3 including all dlc is at least about $400 while GTA 5 is releasing at the price of $60.
Nobody likes EA, and thats not a secret, but I really think the sims needs to improve cause i rememeber loving the sims and sims 2 (especially the sims 2)

Comments

• SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope to see this too someday, but...
    (and don't take this as fact, but only speculation...)

While playing GTA, your computer only takes into account one character, yours, while in The Sims your computer must process an entire editable town of little personalities. This is why GTA can take full advantage of both our processor and our video card, and the reason why The Sims is tougher on our processors than it is on our video cards. So my guess is we should hope the PC industry has greatly improved on PC processing power if we're to see EA take full advantage of our video cards. (Sorry if I'm wrong lol).

But still, we cannot count on EA to strip the essence of the Sims game.
    We'll probably always be playing little comical characters, unlike what we see in GTA. It's a casual comic feel good game after all. It was never EA's intention to make it a real life simulation game. But if we speculate, then maybe that's what will revolutionise the franchise instead of a multiplayer feature.
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    These are two different games with two different graphic styles. Sims 3 came out in 2009. Grand Theft Auto is a game being released this year. And then there is what SmokeyBearz said. Sims 3 is bigger in that it is a continuation that has no end. There are several aspects to the game. Where, if I remember correctly, GTA games are challenge games with missions and what not. They have the ability to focus on the graphics more because they most likely have different technology that Sims 3 didn't back in 2009, (I'm not a tech-savy person so I can't say for sure if this is entirely true. All I know is that there is always new advancement in technology.) and it has different gameplay.

I'm sure in the future of the Sims, they will be able to better graphics more and more. They had what they had to work with back in 2009. Things will most likely be different whenever they release Sims 4, and the graphics will be significantly better. Just like it is when comparing graphics of Sims 1 to Sims 2 and Sims 2 to Sims 3.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2013
    I agree. GTA IVs world, even on the PC, is huge. While I understand GTA and The Sims are two different games with The Sims being more complex in some areas, we still need to see a much bigger and lively world as well as advancements in the Sims themselves.

For that, we'll definitely need to see a bigger and better team,
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited April 2013
    Comparing a 2013 game to a 2009 one - do you think that's fair? :? In my opinion, it's not just unfair, it's also quite rude to hard working developers who did their best to introduce a never before seen features in The Sims series :evil:

As for Sims 4, I'm sure it'll be just as good as GTA when it comes to graphics, but different kind of ones. GTA is meant to copy real life, while Sims only to some extent. Sims are own little world, own little people. They are not us. That's what makes them so special.

Graphics will always be worse in Sims than in other games because it takes long to develop + all releases throughout next 4 years. For Sims 3, it went into development when Sims 2 was released, so that' 4+4=8 years of its engine already. Give it a break ;)
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd take the top one any day.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    Actually, comparing the two games is fair..since the OP said 'TS4 needs a bigger, better Sim team for TS4'.

Since we assume if rumors are true that TS4 began development in 2010 then we won't be seeing anything like GTA graphics in that game, either.

TS3 is a 2D game and was advertised as such that's why you don't have blooming flowers and shrubs in this game, or hedges that grow and need to be clipped often, but TS4 if being produced in 2010 is still hanging on to that old type of game engine, then we are doomed to just see more cartoony Sims and worlds.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    Bit rude. :?

I think it's unfair to compare two very different games. I don't think Sims 3 and GTA have the same 'plan'. Sims 3 isn't trying to look like that.

Sims 3 is a unique game and if it starts trying to be something it's not it will go down a slippery slope. This links in to the 'online' discussion. What makes sims so strong is tghe massive community around it: especially the modders like Twallan who make the experience better, and others who keep the game alive and interesting. If it goes online it becomes more difficult to fiddle with the mechanics, it makes the game more linear and the experience more narrow and controlled. If that happens the sims will lose it's 'heart' and will never have the following it does now.

The sims is the sims. It shouldn't feel the need to be something it's not.
  • rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd take the top one any day.

Me too. I just hope they both have sharks. :wink:
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2013
    I like my simmies looking somewhat cartoon-like. So I'll stick with the top one as well :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited April 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I like my simmies looking somewhat cartoon-like. So I'll stick with the top one as well :lol:

This... :P
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    edited April 2013
    GTA 5 is releasing for console, the picture there is on ps3/360 gen consoles. ps3/360's pc are way outdated to today's pc (which is what sims 3 plays on) so comparing the years really doesnt mean much.... if you want you can google pictures of gta 4 or something. train sim, farming sim, gran turismo: the driving sim....
    the sims seems to already have gone "down a slippery slope"... if you remember when you first played the sims 1, you would know there was nothing cartoony about the game. they always tried to make it as real as possible, they were focusing on real life simulation.
    so based on what i see from the sims 3, the team that made it is either too small or too lazy. teams that make games like gta 5 are huge, (the credits for gta games take like 30 minutes!!!) and i really hate expansion packs, why dont they put it all in one game?!? cuz they want moneyyyyyyy and thats why nobody likes ea
    gta is open world just like the sims, its not a game like uncharted or call of duty.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't think... I could facepalm enough. -sigh-
    I'll just hope this thread gets lost within the sea of other less useful ones.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    Interesting.

Well I do like and enjoy TS3 but I would like to see TS4 more realistic than cartoonish.

And EP's work well with a game of this nature...life simulation. Why? Because it can always get better and expand while adding new possibilities to play the same game. Besides I'm not sure if all that information can fit on one PC disc. For sure that would be overkill wouldn't it? I do want to have three or more times larger worlds to play in with various transportation devices to get from point A to point B and back again. And it would be fantastic to have different areas like the shopping district, city, suburbs, beach, countryside, downtown, chinatown, etc. all a apart of just one sim state/country/etc. and every new EP's/The Store adds a section to expand into one huge sim world.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited April 2013
    All I got from this thread...

SCUBA SCUBA!

tumblr_lnrxnrY7B91qf7bd7.gif
  • GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    edited April 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Interesting.

Well I do like and enjoy TS3 but I would like to see TS4 more realistic than cartoonish.

And EP's work well with a game of this nature...life simulation. Why? Because it can always get better and expand while adding new possibilities to play the same game. Besides I'm not sure if all that information can fit on one PC disc. For sure that would be overkill wouldn't it? I do want to have three or more times larger worlds to play in with various transportation devices to get from point A to point B and back again. And it would be fantastic to have different areas like the shopping district, city, suburbs, beach, countryside, downtown, chinatown, etc. all a apart of just one sim state/country/etc. and every new EP's/The Store adds a section to expand into one huge sim world.
    yes, all that "information" can fit on one disc with todays technology. the sims 3 doesnt really require a gaming pc to play on max settings. you can get a 2010 dell laptop and it'll work perfectly fine. from sims 1 - sims 3,all ive seen is that they've taken away items and features just to add them in expansions.... ahhh never coming back here, i posted this same thread on gamefaqs, of course getting agreeing responses. just posted on here to see your reactions lol, sims fangirls everywhere... in conclusion, the fanbase has definitely changed. the sims is just a barbie dollhouse now.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    Didn't Will Wright basically use the concept of a dollhouse for TS in the first place?

And since you say, "From Sims 1 - Sims 3, all I've seen is that they've taken away items and features just to add them in expansions...."

So if you feel the way you do, why you stick around this long and still complain about it? If the game is not to your liking then it obviously won't ever be since what you want is not how TS series works.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited April 2013
    qW5C7Z1.jpg

Sad to see you leave.

Just so you know, I think your subject was interesting.
    I mean who's not interested in video game breakthroughs in computer graphics?
    And who wouldn't care about what their favorite game will look like in the coming years?
    I'm baffled as well.
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited April 2013
    lisasc360 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

This... :P

Hahahaha, I just thought "Hmmm..probably I am the only one who like the carton-like sim"

:lol: .

Yup, I will choose the first pic as well for the sim. :thumbup: