Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really tall teens

Hi all :)

I'm having an issue with the teenagers in my game being extremely tall. I took some screenshots --

2cmvvcp.jpg

xmjtq9.jpg

Thats supposed to be a teen.. I have searched my slider folder and I don't seem to have a height slider. ALL of the teenagers are like this in CAS! Please help!

Comments

• Options
    CaptobvsCaptobvs Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello aubreyxo. So i have had this issue with my child/teen exiting from the tub before switching into clothing. In my case it may be caused by a skin that I use. They always return to normal size when spinning into clothes. Does your issue persist when they are in play mode or do they return to normal height? And do you use a custom skin?
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    sounds like bad CC I would go throught my CC/mods folder
  • Options
    aubreyxoaubreyxo Posts: 260 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It may be bad CC, but I don't download from the exchange and I use trusted sites so I don't know where I may have gotten it from :( I went in-game and she is still very tall. She's taller than her parents and it's kind of bugging me raahhhh :(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    yes that's the direction I was leaning. Hopefully if you're like me, you have all your CC broken up into different folders. Try pulling all your CC folders out of sims 3 folder and check the game again (or try running without CC). Then if she's returned to normal (or you check another teen), you know for sure that it's something in that. Then you can start putting CC back into the sims folder a little at a time and checking to see if it happens again. It can be a bit tedious but sometimes it's the only way to find it.

Edit: I'm not big on the exchange either. I mainly use MTS or a site i've been using for years (even TS2 stuff), so i trust them already.

Edit deux: For further help, check out crincts' CC help thread stickied at the top of the tech forum.
  • Options
    aubreyxoaubreyxo Posts: 260 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Captobvs wrote:
    yes that's the direction I was leaning. Hopefully if you're like me, you have all your CC broken up into different folders. Try pulling all your CC folders out of sims 3 folder and check the game again (or try running without CC). Then if she's returned to normal (or you check another teen), you know for sure that it's something in that. Then you can start putting CC back into the sims folder a little at a time and checking to see if it happens again. It can be a bit tedious but sometimes it's the only way to find it.

Edit: I'm not big on the exchange either. I mainly use MTS or a site i've been using for years (even TS2 stuff), so i trust them already.

Edit deux: For further help, check out crincts' CC help thread stickied at the top of the tech forum.

It's fixed! I pulled out some sliders from my slider folder and restarted the game and that seemed to do the trick and viola she's all good now :) Thanks ^.^
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That's great! Now your parents won't have to tell their child to 'sit down, i want to talk to you eye to eye' :)

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    EmilieHakEmilieHak Posts: 3 New Member
    can someone tell me what .package it was that made the teens glitch? im having this problem every other time and its killing me
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @EmilieHak Please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed this thread. If you have any questions make sure you check out the most recent posts. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top