Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Blogs - read em' & share your comments!

Comments

• vicaddictvicaddict Posts: 340 Member
    edited May 2013
    This question has probably been answered, but I couldn't find it though. Will IP be a whole new neighbourhood, or will it be like World Adventures, why you spend a week or so on vacation without time running at home?
  • FrbrdPhnx1FrbrdPhnx1 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious how the seasons are going to effect the resort, for example will we get more guests in summer then in winter :?:
  • JESSIEPRESCOTTJESSIEPRESCOTT Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love Island Paradise especially
    Lifeguards and Houseboats:D
    IP3.jpg

Houseboat_new_image_ip.jpg
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited May 2013
    vicaddict wrote:
    This question has probably been answered, but I couldn't find it though. Will IP be a whole new neighbourhood, or will it be like World Adventures, why you spend a week or so on vacation without time running at home?

It is a world, just like Sunlit Tides or Sunset Valley. :) Hope this helps!
  • vicaddictvicaddict Posts: 340 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks.
  • Austin_NolanAustin_Nolan Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Will you be able to order room service in resorts?
  • White_KitsuneWhite_Kitsune Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I'm slightly nervous about getting this expansion because of the trouble I had with Seasons. Will it crash without warning or will I actually be able to play for more than thirty minutes at a time? :shock: Other than that it sounds great and I can't wait to build a house boat. I already have plans in mind!!! :D
  • GreenintheBrainGreenintheBrain Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    I Am so getting Island paradise but I really can't wait to see what was added to CAS. I'm hoping more Caribbean themes throughout Island paradise as well.

And like other people said can they add surfing,more things to do while swimming, and we should definitely be able to teach toddlers how to swim because all they do is sit by the pool and do nothing!

:D:D:D:D
  • datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited May 2013
    elsievdm wrote:
    Yes! That would be awsome! How about Glass floors and glass walls? (brick style glass or plain).Colorable plants,Flowers and colorable Roofs?.. :lol:

Yeah like if you had glass floors and stilted foundation for pool bars sims could swim under it and like bang on the glass or something like that, awsome!! :mrgreen: 8) :D
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• TomgbatesTomgbates Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    im wondering something, i havnt really gotten the answer and am confused because it seemed as tho, according to something someone sed, will the new world be one that you have to buy or will it come with IP just like bridgeport came with LN?
  • skyeseekerskyeseeker Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2013
    Some one asked for wall less showers, there is that little outdoor shower that came with sunlit tides that goes with the massage table and sauna. I wonder how they will make this new island different than that one. I used to live in Key west..I cant wait. I would add a coral reef interaction or collection..actually its illegal to take some of the shells and the coral so perhaps that could be illegal in the game! hehe. The fav of bars in RL was a bar you could drive your boat up to and dock, a bar in the pool like they said and a dog beach/bar. Sunset Pier with people doing acts for money like the cat on a tightrope, the yogi doing weird positions, face painting et. The best sunsets you've seen as well. Maybe they can use some of that. I miss KW! They had a whole street of bars and shops on duval st. when you go out to party you say, We're doing the Duval Crawl! I volunteered for reef relief, that could be something &we had an easter egg hunt in the ocean on base! The water was very shallow there. Oh I miss KW!!!!!
  • skyeseekerskyeseeker Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2013
    I forgot, my son was born on Key west, so he is called a Conch baby! The Conch shell is beautiful and can be blown into for a big sound and people eat conch fritters and the shells are now illegal to take especially if something is living in it. We also had an aquarium with a little touch tank for kids. The sea cucumber squirts out water when you pick it up and the star fish are so beautiful. More Ideas!!! Renee
  • anniex1anniex1 Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    Hey! I've been wondering about The Sims 3 Island Paradise since i saw this question in a youtube comment, but when families are living on houseboats and are out in the ocean with their houseboat, how do children and teens get to school? I'm just really hoping there are no glitches in the game causing children and teens to not be able to get to school :cry:
    But other than this I'm so excited for this EP I'm literally counting down the days, but my mum wont let me pre-order it until nearer the time :roll: but ah well ahaa :mrgreen: im just tooo excited!! x
  • PayPaySweetPayPaySweet Posts: 90 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just wish that you could have multiple houses in the same household for this pack. Like if you wanted one of your sims to live in a houseboat and the other in a regular house, but be able to control them at the same time? That would be really cool. Also will Mermaids be playable? I think they will and should be because every other Expansion Pack has has a playable creature, so why wouldn't this pack? Does anyone know or have a theory? If so plz tell me and then copy and paste the link of your answer on this forum to my wall. Thank You!!
  • PayPaySweetPayPaySweet Posts: 90 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm slightly nervous about getting this expansion because of the trouble I had with Seasons. Will it crash without warning or will I actually be able to play for more than thirty minutes at a time? :shock: Other than that it sounds great and I can't wait to build a house boat. I already have plans in mind!!! :D

I had the same trouble with Seasons to! The only thing that fixed it was getting university. It has been the best pack for my comp, After I got it the crashes stopped 80# of the time. The graphics also looked much crisper. I hope that they issues do not return with IP!
  • TomgbatesTomgbates Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I just wish that you could have multiple houses in the same household for this pack. Like if you wanted one of your sims to live in a houseboat and the other in a regular house, but be able to control them at the same time? That would be really cool. Also will Mermaids be playable? I think they will and should be because every other Expansion Pack has has a playable creature, so why wouldn't this pack? Does anyone know or have a theory? If so plz tell me and then copy and paste the link of your answer on this forum to my wall. Thank You!!

i think u will be able to 'live' on house boat and have ur household at ur land home, the only sensible answer i can think of. and i hoope mermaids r playable hahahaha

will IP give a new world or will u have to buy the world?
  • anniex1anniex1 Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    anniex1 wrote:
    Hey! I've been wondering about The Sims 3 Island Paradise since i saw this question in a youtube comment, but when families are living on houseboats and are out in the ocean with their houseboat, how do children and teens get to school? I'm just really hoping there are no glitches in the game causing children and teens to not be able to get to school :cry:
    But other than this I'm so excited for this EP I'm literally counting down the days, but my mum wont let me pre-order it until nearer the time :roll: but ah well ahaa :mrgreen: im just tooo excited!! x

actually is ok now i found out that a water taxi sort of thing will pick up the children and teens from their houseboat :-)
  • simcityiansimcityian Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    Gonna be great, kinda nervous about shark death and the sea monster though. :D :roll:
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a question.

Will the IP pool slide be available only to those who have IP installed, or will it come with the patch?

I know the diving board introduced in seasons also came available to everyone through the patch, so how about the IP pool slide?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Sawada2012Sawada2012 Posts: 29
    edited June 2013
    Do you think eventually they will release a patch to allow the dogs to swim in the ocean? it could be pretty cute to be able to play "fetch" in the ocean and have the dog run and retrieve the stick or Frisbee from the ocean :)

In the future, id be nice to have whales and dolphins added. Orca, bottle nose, right whale of humpback whales :)

and as already mentioned, i would love to have surfing in the game, at some point, maybe even if it was in the sims store in the future
  • pinkgirl0515pinkgirl0515 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2013
    What about the kids? Will they be able to go to school in Island Paradise?
  • vattuman79vattuman79 Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like to know if we can make L- and U-shaped stairs with a halflanding? Like using a halfwall, and put a floortile on it, and put stairs?

And I also would like to know if we can build flats now too? :)
  • JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like to know if the World Adventures' registers will be usable on our resort lots, if we have World Adventures installed? You know, so we could set up little shops for selling food, books, relics, and adventure supplies, like the WA vacation lots have, with the option to hire NPCs to man the registers. That would really be fantastic. In fact, I sure would like to see more of the features of other expansion packs incorporated into the newest ones, because I have seen very little of this in the Sims 3 and it really sucks.

I also would like to know if that rabbit hole thing you have to place on resort lots is recolorable because if one wants to have something like a tiki or medieval theme to their resort, it is going to stand out like a sore thumb.
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2013
    New blog up, everyone!

SimGuruSarah talks about mermaids:
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=505248
  • LBarnerLBarner Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Can we get the Mermaids to have Scaled tops as well? Instead of the shells?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top