Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Blogs - read em' & share your comments!

Comments

• alisandrealisandre Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Is that a sea monster in the background of the last pic in the new blog???
  • Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope that hotel guest could visit a gift shop :mrgreen:
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited April 2013
    I love the toddler swim and playful splashes!
    But I have a question:
    How will mermaids play in shallow water? I'd like them to also splash around and have fun. I believe in really shallow water then could sit down and submerge her/his tail, and in deeper water (waist) they should either sit on some rock, or swirl up a sand hill to sit on, or could slightly swim vertically, or perhaps have a floatie to lay on. It'd be sad if mermaids had less water interactions than humans. :/
  • JavlafaithJavlafaith Posts: 11 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm actually not very excited... the "dangers of the ocean" is probably just some unrealistic(well what is realistic in TS, my bad) shark moodlet. Sigh.
    But oh well, as long as we're getting seashells, corals and treasure, I'm in. Octopus for new fish type?
    Oh, and I really do hope we get a proper non-store fish tank. Perhaps different sizes. That's one thing that I've missed in The Sims 3. Those small goldfish bowls didn't do justice when you wanted to have an aquarium with deathfish. Yeah...
  • DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2013
    animal1230 wrote:
    Love the houseboats but hope there is more water activities in this island theme and more island hairstyles. you also need more sunglasses

I agree! Great ideas!
    edited April 2013
    animal1230 wrote:
    Glass Roof?
    Skylights
    Maybe some new type of tropical animals
    a tiki roof
    new beds/hammock

Loving all your ideas! New fruits would be fantastic, too! Loved the "freshly squeezed" moodlet idea in this topic, too!! Is it JUNE yet??
    edited April 2013
    Simbolic wrote:
    Dear SimGuruHydra,
    Any chance you could round up at least one more blog?
    It's been ages.
    Thanks,
    Simbolic.

I second this post!! Reliable info would be GREAT!!
    edited April 2013

LOVE THIS BLOG!! Thank you VERY much for the information! I wanted Pets and drooled for the Horses ... I wanted Seasons and am deliriously happy with the Snow and the "Christmas Day" (that's what I call it, lol) ... and now ... I'm SUPER THRILLED with the news of Island Paradise and all the wonderful Sim-play possibilities!! Thanks bunches, SimGuruTing!!!!

***Can't wait for JUNE!!****
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2013
    Melbana9 wrote:
    I hope that hotel guest could visit a gift shop :mrgreen:

This is also what I'm hoping for. Come on EA make it happen.
  • SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the new blog :-)

I wish it was June! 8)

I haven't seen an official thread or statement anywhere that says we can definitely add underwater lots to old worlds like the store worlds or ones that come with the other EPs.

Does anybody know of one?
  • simsfan616simsfan616 Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I hope that you can become a mermaid in this one or else :evil:.
    ps im not girly unicorns arnt either or mermaids sorry for any spelling typos typing is not my strong point.
  • simsfan616simsfan616 Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I hope that you can become a mermaid in this one or else. also im not girly unicorns arnt either or mermaids sorry for any spelling typos typing is not my strong point.
  • jaolivjaoliv Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    i posted a long comment on the sims 3 teaser trailer on the sims3withaelx profile if you could please see mysuggestion C:
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited April 2013
    Can our sims live on the same lot that they have their resort on? It would be cool if your sim could build their house on their resort lot and be there all of the time with their family while they work on their resort.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited April 2013
    So you can only go underwater in certain places? I'm assuming lots you place out in the ocean. Can you add them to other worlds, like Sunlit Tides?

How do you scuba dive anyway? Do I have to get a Lapras and use the Surf & Dive HMs on it? :mrgreen:
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited April 2013
    Will you be able to dive underwater without the gear? Like, a Sim girl/boy decides to quickly dive underwater (Assuming they're poor) to find shells and riches and then quickly get out. Is that possible?

And this is kind of future thinking, but will we get jumping rope? It'd be a fun sport/play time for adults and kids. They could also join up and play one of those jumping rope games where 1-3 people jump in the middle and 2 people hold the ends of rope. :D

More on future thinking! For the very future Expansion (Back in Time(?)) I would like to share my idea on the Occult for that: Cyclops! It's basically a Sim with one eye... A big beautiful eye. They could come from the ancient Greece or something and I think it'd be a great addition to Sims. I made Cyclop Sims myself in Sims 2 - I just combined 2 eyes together until they fit perfectly. I tried sharing it on ModtheSims2 but I didn't understand English as well at the time so yeah.. My wonderful creation never got to be shared~!

Other occult ideas are - Frankenstein (But they'll be like zombies, so meh), Fire Elemental (Or Phoenix Sim. I'd like to see something Fire-y due to there being Earthy, Watery, and Airy, creatures, yay elements!), Harpies (Why not?), Lizard Sims (With scales, tail, slit eyes, and split tongue!), Nagas (Like mermaids, expect tail is snake like), and Cyborgs (Half-human, half-robot. I guess they could "build" their babies for reproduction?)
  • wolfmanjack9900wolfmanjack9900 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I sure hope that this release coming in late June, will not be as buggy as previous releases.(University Life, World Adventures)
  • darbdarb Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering whether when you find an island and inhabit it does it belong to you or can other sims join you? and is the world bigger due to the sea? and will existing neighbourhoods expand to allow the living in the sea?

• kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope we get another blog about Island Paradise soon.
  • OingOing Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Would it be like WA when we discover islands?
    edited May 2013
    OMG!!!!

Major DROOLING for Island Paradise after reading Mike's fantastic blog! This is what I love about the forums... valid information from a reliable source that explains how to play the expansion pack... super COOL!!!

Wonderful blog ~~~ and exciting information on Island Paradise! Woot!!

THANK YOU ... SimGuruMike!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone!

SimGuruMike posted a new blog on resorts - it's full of cool tips & tricks :) Head here to read:
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=501952

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone!

SimGuruMike posted a new blog on resorts - it's full of cool tips & tricks :) Head here to read:

Thank you!
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone!

Thank you!
    edited May 2013
    ***banging my head against the wall***

None of the pictures are showing for me! I'm LOVING this blog!!! PERMANENTLY bookmarked!!

Yay! Even though I can't see the pictures, I'm so excited to read about Island Paradise!!

I nominate this thread for THREAD OF THE YEAR!! :D

Edited to say, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the update!! :D"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top