Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Blogs - read em' & share your comments!

Comments

• Options
    LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    edited April 2013
    Gotta say I've not got much love for the 'Houseboats'... maybe it's because they are virtually unheard of here in the UK but to me they look really stupid! In the UK we only really have canal boats as houseboats. The idea of a two story house on what looks like a raft just comes over as silly and unbelievable, and the idea of sailing around in one even more so!

Just because you don't see them, or because they are "virtually unheard of" where you live, doesn't make them "silly or unbelievable".

floating-houses-house-houseboats-modern-homes-design.gif

Looks a lot like the houseboat we saw in the intro video, doesn't it? It's not, it's a real houseboat taken from:
    http://www.lushome.com/floating-sunrooms-houseboats/38322#

It's kinda closed minded of you to think they are silly. Seattle, near to where I live, has a large houseboat community, and has had for over a hundred years.

http://www.lakeunionhistory.org/Video,_Houseboats.html
  • Options
    JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited April 2013
    The Island Paradise blog says we will have advanced Build/Buy features. Will we also get advanced world editing tools?

Like say, the ability to add roads to our existing worlds and the ability to flatten and change the land, water and terrain so that we can edit our existing worlds easily to incorporate Island Paradise's new features into them.

Also, I would really, really love to have connecting worlds. After all you can't really say they are worlds until you can have multiple connections to other places. It would be nice to be able to have sims from one world visit another world and enjoy the features it has to offer. Kind of like when the sims travel on vacation but different in that you could also play the other connecting worlds as separate games so that those sims can age and achieve things in their lives too - unlike the vacation worlds, which really sucks. This way we can have lots of places to vacation to and our sims could have the option to stay in a hotel or at a resort while visiting another world. That would be so cool.

It would be even cooler if you added this feature and also allowed us to connect existing worlds that we all ready have established. I think I have about 20 exiting worlds I would like to connect to one another.

• Options
    The_real_raijinThe_real_raijin Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2013
    Vase8981 wrote:
    I want them to add-

-baseball
    -braces
    -more glasses
    -fancy hairstyles
    -better shoes
    -cool stuff for the KIDS to do

You have some cool ideas, I must propose that one of your next expansions be "Generations" as it adds lots of events for children and teens. On the other hand, the "Aurora Skies" store content also adds more adventures for children.

P.S. All clickable links added by myself for your ease of finding what you need.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gayars wrote:
    ariesjla wrote:
    also, I wish they would add a wall less shower! I know there are mods but I don't want to mess with those....way too much trouble. I would rather just pay for it.

I hope I am quoting right.... anyway, I too was just bewailing the fact that there are no wall less showers like from sims 2 university.

The wall-less showers are part of the venue "Serenity Retreat" or the Gold Version of the World "Sunlit Tides".
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    More swimming options would be nice....I like that sims can swim and earn athletic skill points but it's a bit boring that they will only swim for a short time. Splashing and holding your breath under water is nice but it would really be cool if there was something else to help keep the athletic skill running.

Learning tricks would be nice. Like (1)doggy paddle, (2)backstroke, (3)frog paddle, (4)windmill stroke {aka the normal fast stroke} and (5)float {basically with legs and arms spread to stay above water}

- A lifeguard career would be a cool loophole career....
    - Please add more braided hairstyles, there are so many left to go....
    - Please add a portable grill or crockpot.
    - Please add trailer homes
    - Please add sports wristbands, for teens and adults....
    - Please add the Justin Beiber bowl haircut....
    - An Olympian career would be nice too!

[Entering Competitions]

- Speedboat competitions
    (based on handiness, science or inventing to enhance the boat)
    - Swimming competitions
    (based on athletic ability, and ability to do swimming tricks as posted above)
    Totally 2nd this. I've been wanting to do competition stuff like this ever since the base game. I was hoping for something like this with Seasons, but IP provides the perfect opportunity to do a Sim triathalon type event. 8)

with all the watercraft and activities comming with IP, swimming classes will become mandatory at Uni. I'm going to build a marine science major classroom on a house boat and use the lecture board in the student union to teach sims custom marine classes like swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. :mrgreen:

Next to jetskis, sailboats, speedboats, and rowboats, coming with IP, they should also add swimming competition challenges. And yeah, also add WINDSURFING. 8)

Unlike surfing, this doesn't require waves. So it would be really easy to add as a watersport. And Boggie boarding too come to think of it 8)

Thanks and your ideas are great also. :)

I must requote myself from page 2 on the this:
    - It would be really nice if a Harp and a Flute were added as new musical instruments. (we haven't had any new music stuff since "late night" EP to my knowledge, I'm really looking for more "play for tips" talents that can be done away from home. Not to mention the harp would be good for the mermaids and the legend is that the flute are usually used to call mermaids.)

Today, I must add fruit to my list of new things. I don't think we have Oranges yet.
    It would also be nice to plant mango's sweet and sour taste, kiwi's sweet and sour taste and it would be nice to finally see a stawberry plant. :)

Lastly on the fruit suggestion. I would like to see content of a fruit squeezing and/or blending machine that adds a "freshly squeezed" moodlet. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JaxW1217JaxW1217 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I certainly hope that we will be allowed to head for the islands in our already established worlds. Not everyone likes to jump from world to world just because it is there. I have been working on my one family for several months in Sunset Valley. I'm in the sixth generation in that family, and am enjoying them so much, I just don't feel like dropping everything because a new expansion pack is out. I hope you folks at Sims Studios will incorporate Island Paradise into the game like you did with University.

That is to say, I have a boat in Sunset Valley down at the ocean, and want to take it to the horizon from there, and find an uncharted island.

Please make it universal to all worlds.

A few other thoughts:

Will the sims be able to build on an island from scratch, or will these islands be predefined?

will there be shipwrecks for the sims to explore underwater? It would be great to find something like TITANIC underwater.

Will the elixers in Supernatural be updated to incorporate possible sentient aquatic life, like maybe mermaids?

Can we please please please have a bigfoot sim who is perhaps on one of these uncharted islands?

At first I wasn't to eager about the whole concept, but I now want to see it.
  • Options
    afh316afh316 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I can honestly say that this is the pack I am the most excited for. It brings so much new content that I think that it will be great. It may have a couple bugs in the beginning but honestly wat doesn't. I can not wait to see this keep it up! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited April 2013
    After seeing the trailer and reading the blog I'm actualy quite excited to get this. Frankly gameplay has started becoming boring for me. Will be interesting to see how far the business aspect of this is taken... may even get me excited in building again too :-)

• Options
    JABWARRIOR1JABWARRIOR1 Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to see the option to do athletics with no equipment, maybe we could tell our sims to do a workout , press ups, sit-ups , squats, yoga, and I think there should be stalls around the islands with sunglasses and they should add a cruise ships so we can pay for our sim to be driven around the islands :mrgreen: Just a few ideas
  • Options
    JABWARRIOR1JABWARRIOR1 Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to see the option to do athletics with no equipment, maybe we could tell our sims to do a workout , press ups, sit-ups , squats, yoga, and I think there should be stalls around the islands with sunglasses and they should add a cruise ships so we can pay for our sim to be driven around the islands :mrgreen: Just a few ideas
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited April 2013
    I would like the juicer from sims2 seasons too. Whatever happened to the toaster over btw? I would also like a hot plate (seems like a logical addition for the houseboat right? But then it would have been for university too...) Oranges would be a great addition!
  • Options
    coolgame343coolgame343 Posts: 189
    edited April 2013
    Will there be new LTR and what is the largest square and rectangle boat lot size
  • Options
    iSubz3r0oiSubz3r0o Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    ariesjla wrote:
    I'm intrigued by the creatures you may meet while scuba diving possibly being dangerous!

I know I'm a whole different box of crayons, but I'd love to see mer-sims with sharp. pointy phirana teeth attack random scuba divers!

Is it possible they will function like the mummies in WA, guarding sunken treasure and inflicting a bite that acts like the mummy's curse?

PLEASE say yes!!!

:D I totally 2nd this!!! there's a unicorn....why not a Mer-Sim!??

also, I wish they would add a wall less shower! I know there are mods but I don't want to mess with those....way too much trouble. I would rather just pay for it.

You don't need a mod for wall less showers. I don't even think there is a mod for that (from what I've seen) you can just use custom content in the form of a .sims3pack It's not hard and there's no trouble when using them.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't the outdoor shower count as a a wall less shower? :?:
  • Options
    16Jenn16Jenn Posts: 254 Member
    edited April 2013
    Will mermaids be creatable in CAS??? I would LOVE TO KNOW! :) CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS EP
  • Options
    TRTHYNTRTHYN Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    i heard that there's a picture of an apartment underwater!!!! Maybe its for the mermaids i think that would be AWESOME :mrgreen::) :-) :D :-o :lol::wink: :roll: :P :roll: :!:
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2013
    I like the look, but where are the underwater bubbles from the diving gear and the fish?

Also don't places like this have sky lights? Can we have some please?

Also I know a backless shower came with Sunlit Tides, but it has extra to it and I didn't buy this world. I'd love to create my own. I have been wanting a shower that is just the shower head, fauset and drain so you could build a big shower. I have a couple but they are third party content. One of them is a over head shower, which I love.

I do like that we will be able to build on the water, so I know I will be getting this world. I love to built it is relaxing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    16Jenn16Jenn Posts: 254 Member
    edited April 2013
    Vase8981 wrote:
    I want them to add-

-baseball
    -braces
    -more glasses
    -fancy hairstyles
    -better shoes
    -cool stuff for the KIDS to do

YES! BRACES SOUNDS SO COOL
  • Options
    mollymai001mollymai001 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    please can anyone tell me if there is a main land where you go and buy food from the supermarket or like the hospital??? and if you have children on a houseboat how do u get them to school?! :-D :-D :-D
  • Options
    animal1230animal1230 Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    Love the houseboats but hope there is more water activities in this island theme and more island hairstyles. you also need more sunglasses
  • Options
    animal1230animal1230 Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    Glass Roof?
    Skylights
    Maybe some new type of tropical animals
    a tiki roof
    new beds/hammock

• Options
    SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited April 2013
    Dear SimGuruHydra,
    Any chance you could round up at least one more blog?
    It's been ages.
    Thanks,
    Simbolic.
  • Options
    BRITTANYWILLIAMS11BRITTANYWILLIAMS11 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited April 2013
    since their are not going to be open restaurants like in open for business (confirmed via twitter yesterday :( ) i would love to see facial piercings again also a better selection of shoes, clothes, and hair for toddlers and kids :D
  • Options
    stickjockstickjock Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2013
    benboy200 wrote:
    The islands in the new IP world will they be accessible via any other world or only by that world?
    Could we have both a house and a houseboat or is it one or the other?

^^

I'm wondering that as well... we just broke down and put our pre-order in for the Limited Edition (can't wait for June now)...

But after reading all over the net I've seen ONE place say that it's "the first expansion pack of The Sims 3, World Adventures."

So can we "vacation" there from any other world we have Sims in and have the opportunity to move there or is it a seperate world to be chosen over others??

Either way we're all (the whole family) looking forward to it... our daughter is already re-watching her favorite show (H2O) to make sure she's got name right for mermaids...
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited April 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top