Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~WrathofCath~ New~ BREE'S BREEZE pg. 36

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's a beautiful build! :D The exterior is cute! My favourite part of the build is the interiors. I love how you have used brick walls inside. Love the way you have decorated too. Everything goes well together. A BIG recommendation from me. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hiya Ari! Thank you so much for the Rec but especially for your lovely comments! :mrgreen:

Thank you too Yanti! Thanks for the Rec and your generous comments! :mrgreen:

Thanks for stopping in and having a look girls! :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited May 2013
    Carriage house is a very nice home! :) It does look like a place that you could imagine would be very nice to live in real life. Very nice outdoor areas! The back courtyard area looks really great how you have done it with the plants, the hot tub to relax in, and the seats to rest, sit and perhaps read there. Great private corner area with the 2 seats and table. The windows you have used in the build look very good. Great touch to have the pots of flowers below/ out the front of the front windows. It is a nice sight to see when coming to the home, as well as the friendly sight of the chairs near the front steps. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The use of potted and hanging plants in the interiors looks good. The desk/study area nook looks good with the sunshine and light coming in through the windows. Lovely photo that you have taken of the inside through the outside window! It looks great! Great design of the kitchen with the angled separate bar counter. Great brickwork.
    It is a great home!
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much sweet Rose! You are a real gem. :D Your comments are lovely as always and I do look forward to your reviews. Thanks for stopping in for a look Rose! :mrgreen:
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh do I love this? Yes I do! I like the fact that it looks old on the outside but
    very "new" on the inside :] The interior design is very stylish and cosy!

I especially like the kitchen! And the brick walls is just fabulous ^__^

Rec'd and downloaded :thumbup:
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Manssom! Highest compliments from you! :D
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Cath!

Just wanted to pop in real quick! I really do love The Carriage House! I always fall head over heels for flats like those! And your interior designing is quite impeccable as well might I add. Just wondering, what are your graphics settings in game?

~Will :D
    edited May 2013
    Hi Will! Thank you so much! :D Very nice comments! I'm not sure about my graphics, but I will check later today when I go in game. I have an appt. later this morning so no sim time for me till afternoon sometime. I will edit this post though when I find out what's what. :mrgreen:

Hi again Will! I remembered to have a look at my graphics and everything is set to med., with reflect mirrors only, edge smooth low and high detail lots 2. I have advanced rendering checked and object hiding also checked except when taking pics from the outside. Hope this helps! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2013
    I think you managed to create good lighting as well.
    Every color and texture pops out clearly :]
    edited May 2013
    Right back at ya Manssom! And a very heartfelt thank you. :D I just adore your Paradise Cabins! I feel the same about your lighting and pops of color. Excellent work! :mrgreen:
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited May 2013
    OMG I love that last house! It has such a homey feel yet has lots of modern splashed in too, it's so nice Cath! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited May 2013
    Hiya Christine! Thank you so much. :D Thanks for dropping in for a peek! :mrgreen:
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited May 2013
    Gorgeous build Cath I love the use of the rich red brick both inside and out. :D Left a rec. :D Folly
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for stopping by Holly and for the Rec! Very kind of you. :D
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cath - I simply adore the clean lines of "The Carriage House", it looks so traditional on the outside and then so modern inside, and it's been executed to perfection! Recommended :mrgreen:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited May 2013
    Hi FaithofKaela! Thank you for that very generous comment. :) And the Rec.! So glad you stopped in for a peek! :mrgreen:
    edited May 2013
    My favourite build from you is the Bernal Heights Modern Mini :D
    It is a great build and perfectly executed for such a small space :]
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Manssom! I wish I had done that one for Nini's Micro mini contest... I got all crazy thinking I had to hurry up and get my entry in, and I was just never happy with the house I entered... Oh well. Moderns usually aren't my best. I tend to be more into craftsman style homes but when I see something different that catches my eye, I just have to try it. I'll stop babbling now. Thanks for stopping in! :D
    edited May 2013
    What? :shock: You did an excellent job on that!
    You should give yourself a little more credit :]
    Thanks for stopping in! :D
    I never left :P
    edited May 2013
    LMAO Manssom!!! :lol: You crack me up! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2014
    So I have never done a starter home before, let alone one with a budget! Anyway @Idontrcall is hosting a wonderful contest, *If You Start Me Up*. There are three categories and they all looked so fun, I had to try each one!

First is Lucy Indasky budget 16,500. I made Moonlit Shadows:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7296377

Screenshot-25_zps079b4dd2.jpg

Screenshot-28_zpsed52dbbe.jpg

Screenshot-29_zpse6dc0204.jpg

Screenshot-59_zpscf6ccb3d.jpg

More pics here:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/media/Moonlit Shadows/Screenshot_zps44c28fdb.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

Next was for Norman Bates and Mother. Budget 18,500. Stoneyfield Cottage:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7296534

Screenshot-33_zps3fcb052f.jpg

Screenshot-23_zps0944234c.jpg

Screenshot-62_zps2a9dd757.jpg

Screenshot-25_zps5930d215.jpg

Screenshot-103_zpsa1d06524.jpg

There are more pics and a cute little slide show on the antics of Norman Bates here:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/media/Stoneyfield Cottage/Screenshot-150_zps6b39cc74.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

And lastly a home for Sheriff Taylor, Aunt Bee and Opie. Budget 19,500. Blue Meadows:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7299646

Screenshot-70_zps7bcb5a2f.jpg

Screenshot-76_zps279190cd.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpsab91a3d8.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsa826b2bd.jpg

Screenshot-20_zps29694629.jpg

More pics can be found here:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/media/Blue Meadows/Screenshot-72_zpsa4ebc406.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

Thanks for stopping in and having a look! :D
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited May 2013
    I had posted about your 3 great starters on the contest thread, so I just thought that I would repost the comments here, seeing as it was your showcase thread.
    Moonlit Shadows is a lovely house ! :) Very nice Victorian style, and the exterior shade of blue is very nice. The fruit/vegie garden looks great how you have done the fence around it with the nice gate. The stone fencing around the lot looks good and nice way you have mixed the flowers with the fencing at the front. Great photo you have taken of it at night time with the full moon out, particularly with it being in moonlight falls ! Very pretty flowerwork outside the windows. Very nice furnishing of the interior. Great way you have the round table with the 4 seats around it and then the circular mat underneath it, it looks good! The teapot clock is a great touch to the room, on a sort of alcove wall. Very pretty shades of colours and patterns you have used for the interior. Great choice of furnishing items that suit the build, the phonograph stereo , the clock beside the bed , the bubble bath and rubber duck for Lucy to use are all nice items. It is a nice home, and great description of it's details and how it suited Lucy.
    What a slideshow of your Stoneyfield Cottage build ! :) I won't say anything and let other people see it for themselves! Very great way you set those last photos up!! The house itself looks great. Pretty pattern in the Mother's bedroom. It looks good how you have done the piano. The pond area locks very nice with the flowers/plants around it. Great eating area. Great touch to have the house photo next to the door that leads to the bathroom! Great designing of this build, and a great slideshow!
    Blue Meadows is a very nice home :) Very nice shade of blue that you used for the exterior. Great position of the home in Hidden Springs near the waterfall. The pond area looks great, and with it being stocked, Andy and Opie would have lots of fun fishing there together. It looks good how you have placed the bed in Aunt Bee's bedroom with the back facing into the window, so very nice sunshine and light will come into the room and on her as she wakes in the morning. Great shape of the bedroom too. Opie would like playing outside in the playground area. Very nice furnishing of the interior with great choice of items that suit this family of Sims. The colours and patterns you have used look great. The male bedroom looks good with the shield/magnifying glass, pirate toy chest and the sports flags on the wall. It looks a great male bedroom. Pretty rose wall pattern that you used in the bathroom.
    It is a great home suited to the Sims who live there.
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2013
    Such cute homes Cath! Oh, just so quaint and beautiful! Rec'd and faved! :mrgreen:

~Will :thumbup:
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited May 2013
    These are absolutely amazing, Cath!

And I can't believe they are all in budget - they look much more expensive and jam-packed full of goodies. :mrgreen:

I'm off to give them all a BIG REC!
    edited May 2013
    Rose! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! You always say the kindest, most thoughtful things! Thanks for stopping in! :D

Will, thank you so much! It's nice to see you again! I love your Porter Haus BTW! :mrgreen:

Ari! Nice to see you! Thank you! It really helps when you do the *live in* to get the cost down. That way you can afford more junk, lol! Thanks for the Rec!