Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~WrathofCath~ New~ BREE'S BREEZE pg. 36

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited September 2014
    Still going backwards in time, hehe, my next or past build would be "The Lighthouse". I really loved this house. I kept to the interior color palette and floor plan of the RL house plans. This home is just so comfortable and the view is to die for. Here's the download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6962283

More pics here:

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/The%20Lighthouse?sort=6

Screenshot-60_zps683a9ff4.jpg

Back view of home showing the cutout balconies off each of the bedrooms:

Screenshot-57_zpsadd6433e.jpg

Ornamental Lighthouse and lounge chairs facing the lake:

Screenshot-56_zps16be72fa.jpg

Back patio area facing lake:

Screenshot-8_zpsd60c1069.jpg

Covered porch off living/dining area:

Screenshot-47_zps839cb2de.jpg

Screenshot-31_zps3db4e123.jpg

Screenshot-30_zpsda17827a.jpg

Screenshot-23_zps740e6490.jpg

Master Bedroom sitting and work area:

Screenshot-12_zpsb33f4f76.jpg

Guest Bedroom with sitting and work area and private balcony:

Screenshot-39_zps616bd8e7.jpg

Screenshot-14_zps32048ec9.jpg

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2013
    Fairy Tale Charm and The Lighthouse are such lovely builds! :) You have designed the interior and outside areas and exterior of both of these houses so very well! I enjoyed looking through the slideshow screenshots of them, and looking at all the details of each room and area. Very nice use of patterns and colours. The lighthouse and boats patterns in your lighthouse build suit it so well, and it is a lovely rose pattern. Very pretty flower work in these builds, and the light house in the garden and the lighthouse on top of the roof look good. The balconies look great! Very nice homes!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2013
    Fairytale charm and the lighthouse are both gorgeous builds! :D Lovely architecture and I love the way you have decorated. Recommended both. Congrats on the feature! Very well deserved! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you Rose for your thoughtful comments! I really appreciate your taking the time to really look at these builds! :D

Thank you so much Yanti for both the comments and the Rec's. I really appreciate them. Thanks for checking back in! :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Stingray Point Lighthouse

I just finished uploading my entry for the "cOOL cONVERSIONS bUILD cONTEST" hosted by Whatsociallife. I totally loved this contest! I was a little unsure of it at first, but then all these ideas went running through my mind on what I could build. I had two possibilities, but even as I was working on the one I decided to go with, I kept thinking of other ideas. Whatsociallife really got our minds working!

Anyway here is my build for the 1st part of the contest, it's the unused and abused commercial property:

Download Link for Olde Stingray Point:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7205446

More pics for Olde Stingray Point:

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Olde%20Stingray%20Point%20Lighthouse?sort=3

Front:
    Screenshot-55_zps61a6a89e.jpg

Back:
    Screenshot-60_zpsad61de36.jpg

Main Floor:

Screenshot-73_zpsf46bc0af.jpg

Previous Occupants:

Screenshot-72_zps8261646f.jpg

The second part of the contest is the newly refurbished residential lot:

Front:
    Screenshot-108_zpsd4b78068.jpg

Side view:
    Screenshot-119_zpsa8ff341f.jpg

Back deck:
    Screenshot-87_zps55c36471.jpg

Boat Planter in front yard:
    Screenshot-100_zps9c5e0e23.jpg

Kitchen work area and built in desk:
    Screenshot-102_zps1fbea2bb.jpg

Living room area with view:
    Screenshot-104_zps911349eb.jpg

Stairway to upper hobby and skill room:
    Screenshot-21_zps7534a0d6.jpg

Master bedroom:
    Screenshot-16_zps559d8a4b.jpg

Guest bedroom:
    Screenshot-53_zpseebe4908.jpg

Download Link for the newly renovated home:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7212276

More pics for the renovated version:

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Rebuild%20of%20Stingray%20Point%20Lighthouse?sort=6

Thanks for stopping by and having a look! I hope you enjoyed viewing it as much as I enjoyed building it! :D

• Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow!! Cath!! Fairytale Charm and the Lighthouse ar both 2 stunning builds!! I love them both and your decorating style is absolutely wonderful. so much detail in both homes which really make them stand out and are most beautiful. I almost missed them! so I bookmarked your thread so as not to miss anymore. Your build above is very interesting, I saw something similar on you my page. Is that the same house? I really like the white one, It's really beautiful and I got that one rec'd for you. :) Hugs*
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you Nini! You must have been taking a peek at those last two builds at the exact time I was putting up the contest pics and links, lol! I'm heading over to my page to catch up on everything there in a few minutes. I just want to make sure I got everyone Rec'd over here. See you in a sec, lol! :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What a transformation! It looks so very nice! :) When I saw and commented on your "before" build on the contest thread site, I thought that you had done such a great work in how you made the old lighthouse look and the background story to it. Now to see the "after" build, it looks so good! Great seaside-suiting white of the exterior, and very nice shades of colours that you have used for the interior , all suiting the theme of the build. So many great nautical touches you have included in the house! The mermaid and boat in the living room looks good, as do the oars and boat steering wheel. Very nice airy, sunshine and light coming in feel to the build. Great designing of the kitchen, and how you have done the desk looks good. The wall pattern you used in the bedroom and bathroom looks so good! Great way you have done the yellow , white alternations colour scheme in the bathroom. The boat outside with all the flowerers in it looks so pretty and lovely! It is such a very nice home now, and is so much different from the original one!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Awww thank you so much Rose!!! You're always so thoughtful and kind with your comments! I'm glad you like the builds. I really had fun making them, although I was surprised at how long it took to finish, for not too large of a build. Thanks again Rose! :D
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2013
    Cath!! I absolutely LOVE Stingray Lighthouse! Very nicely done! Gave it a big rec! :thumbup:

~Will
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks so much Will! :D I appreciate the Rec! It was a really fun build.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    This build is for the "Summer Wedding Build Contest" hosted by Litabelaqua.

Promises To Keep

Download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7233026

Front View:

Screenshot-112_zps103d4d15.jpg

Screenshot-17_zpsabbfa12e.jpg

Screenshot-24_zps1dc97abd.jpg

Screenshot-96_zps1676e6de.jpg

Screenshot-49_zps452248fe.jpg

Screenshot-2_zps3039f415.jpg

Screenshot-104_zpsede9db20.jpg

Screenshot-91_zps5fa965b4.jpg

More pics here:

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Promises%20To%20Keep?sort=6
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It is such a lovely place for our Sims to get married! :) Very nice designing of the interior and outdoors. The heart-shaped pond and waterfall looks so nice, and it looks good how you have the white flamingos around the edge of the pond, like white doves at a wedding. The water feature with the waterlilies looks so calm, and it looks nice how you have the 2 flamingos kissing nearby! Very pretty gazebo. Great designing of the exterior of the chapel, and it looks good how you have the happy couple taking their vows on a raised platform. , and with the background being those nice domed windows. Very nicely arranged reception room in the hall. The white grand piano would provide nice music for Sims to listen to. The shades of pink and wall pattern used, combined with the white is very nice. The upstairs sitting room is a very nice idea, and looks lovely with the furniture and flowers and windows/mirrors. The ladies restroom looks good, and keeps very much with the overall colour scheme and look of the rest of the hall.
    It is a lovely place for a Sims wedding!
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh I just LOVE your lighthouse makeover! Couldn't help to laugh when
    I saw the skeletons xD I hope you got rid of 'em! lmao

Your new wedding venue looks great as well :D Left you rec's for everything ^__^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Rose thank you so much for your sweet comments! You are such a love! You wouldn't believe how much trouble I had with this build! It started with the chapel up on a high hill, but the wretched little sims wouldn't go up the staircase, even though it was done in small bits with lots of landings. So, I scaled the hill down THREE more times, a little more off each time, and they STILL wouldn't go up the stairs. I tried making them four wide and everything. I finally had to cave, and put it flat on the ground, well with just a little teeny hill, lol! But finally, they would go into the chapel, however I could not get them to sit. I gave up on that, lol! I have to say, I was happy to have that build behind me. I'm just glad that it really works. I had four weddings just to make sure. Anyhoo, thanks again Rose for taking the time to comment. :D

LOL Manssom!!! I didn't even think of leaving them in the new build... Good idea though, lol! Too bad I didn't make a small closet or something to hide them in, huh? LOL! Thanks for the Rec's. And thanks for stopping in for a look! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2013
    Your builds are lovely Cath! I wonder how I missed this thread. :shock: Love your lighthouse! Gorgeous design! Lovely cosy and welcoming interiors too. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Also love your old lighthouse and the church! The church is a great wedding venue. Love the way you have decorated. Left 2 well deserved recommendations for the church and the old lighthouse too. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hey Cath, I love both your lighthouse and your wedding venue, that church is so picturesque. Have left recs for both ♥♥♥
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited April 2013
    Beautiful wedding venue! I rec'd it when I saw it on the exchange. But I loved seeing the pictures here!

Taryn
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yanti, thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate the Rec's, thank you. :D

FaithofKaela, nice to meet you! :D Thanks for your comments and Rec's. :D

Taryn, thank you so much! I love your work. You're such a talented builder! Thank you for taking a peek! :D
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've already seen the lighthouse & wedding venue on other threads in GG and thought they were both just so wonderful. You really do have a knack for detail & decorating. Love seeing your work :).
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hiya Idontrcall! Nice to see you here! Thank you for your lovely comments! :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hi guys! I wanted to take a little bit of break and do a small build for a change. I loved this little house in RL and tried to fit it on a 1ox10, but just couldn't make it work. So it's on a 20x15. That way it could have a small yard too.

The Carriage House:

Link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7251314

Screenshot-27_zps918f8610.jpg

Screenshot-6_zps6e243a89.jpg

Screenshot-75_zps3fe45acd.jpg

Screenshot-74_zps49f50d7b.jpg

Screenshot-84_zps83b39131.jpg

Screenshot-61_zpsc800e5a2.jpg

Screenshot-16_zpsae282fee.jpg

Screenshot-32_zps822e231b.jpg

Screenshot_zpscc385e83.jpg

Screenshot-40_zpsbc884f1a.jpg

A peek inside:
    Screenshot-71_zpsf70515bf.jpg

Guest bedroom and bath:
    Screenshot-25_zps765c9b5f.jpg

Screenshot-80_zpse33a7ee3.jpg

Master bedroom and bath:

Screenshot-21_zps0bb717cd.jpg

Screenshot-37_zpse6e43747.jpg

For more pics:

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/The%20Carriage%20House?sort=6

Thanks for stopping by! :D
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is so charming! And it looks so nestled into the street, just like you find in the older parts of town! But this is updated so cute!

Rec'd!

PS.

Your picture quality is fantastic! Is it your graphics card or your picture upload site? I notice my pictures are rather blurry when uploaded here. Any tips? I have a pretty good graphics card. My pictures look better on my computer than they do here.

Taryn
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Taryn! :-) Thanks for the compliment on the pics! I have an imac and I think the graphics on it are gorgeous. They're way better than on my old pc. I use photobucket to upload. The only bad thing about the mac is I can't download anything from the exchange. It's so fussy! The nice part is no antivirus to worry about. I saw your Faylinn today and fell in love! It's stunning to say the least! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is super gorgeous - it looks like it may have been a community lot at one time and converted into residential. It's beautiful - great job and I absolutely love your use of MOO throughout the build. And I'm diggin' the exposed brick - left you a well deserved rec!