Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Won't Go To University Graduation Ceremony

Every one of my Sims that have gone through University and gotten a degree won't go to the graduation ceremony at the annex.
I've made sure the Sim in play has no actions and I even transport them to the annex before the notification pops up. My Sims will stand outside for hours and not go into the building until the option to graduate is no longer available. It seems once they change into the grad robes they can go in, but there's no option to put them in their robes. There is also always a huge crowd of people outside the annex.

Please help! Is anyone else having this problem? I don't get a moodlet or a certificate or anything because they don't go to the ceremony. Their degree is still complete, however.I DO NOT USE MODS. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited March 2013
    make sure you get there like at 12pm so you can miss all the crowd.

my sims did not change into their robe but still managed to get into the annex and still graduated and got there dipolma and their new trait

have you tried using a new game??
  • Options
    NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2013
    Happened to me before, I always make sure to save the game a few hours before the ceremony in case my sim refuses to go inside the building, I could always reload the game and try again. I didn't get a diploma for one of the degrees :( my sim is working on her 5th degree at the moment.
  • Options
    beckyZOOMbeckyZOOM Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2013
    Having the same issue!
  • Options
    JayCThomasJayCThomas Posts: 41
    edited March 2013
    Same issue, a big crowd and nothing happens

I always have to pause the game a few minutes until the whole crowd have their ropes

and then graduation ceremony that last only 2 seconds. LOL

the problem with me actually it's that I try to call my families and friends but my sims didn't do anything and in some points they reset and cancel other actions
  • Options
    ifyouonlyknewxo4ifyouonlyknewxo4 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Try the reset sim cheat to clear some of the crowd. That worked for me.
  • Options
    DatOneDudeDatOneDude Posts: 202 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Wait... So now my Sim wont get his extra trait? >________> Good to see that I come back after a two year hiatus and find the game to be as stupendously buggy as ever.
  • Options
    LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    edited May 2013
    EA/ Maxis (whoever it is behind the production of this) should have tested the heck out of this scenario to ensure any issues with it could be caught and fixed. Or have it so that if the ceremony did cancel itself after a period of time, you could click on the annex/stadium and have a 'attend graduation' option rather than it just appear autonomously.

Or have a patch to fix the stupid pathing. In an ideal world they would, but considering they're more focused on cash than a solid or less buggy game, I doubt they'll bother for at least a year.

And yet, I'm excited for the time travel expansion pack. I wonder what game smashing bug's they'll not care about this time?
    "My sim is stuck in the Roman era. Sim Ceaser bugged out and glitched into a wall while Brutus stands there unable to attack him!"
  • Options
    KittiWithKatanaKittiWithKatana Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I had the same problem with my sim. He just stood outside and twiddled thumbs until dark. Im sad i didnt think of the reset sim cheat. i have to do another degree in order to get the trait. so frustrating.
  • Options
    TreyaShanTreyaShan Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem as well and it's seriously ******* me off!!! Honestly either give us a good product that doesn't bug out OR DON'T GIVE US ANYTHING TILL YOU'VE FIXED IT! It's as simple as that. I'm becoming so annoyed with this I'm seriously considering proposing a strike against buying anything from EA or maxis to all my friends and family. It's become outrageous
  • Options
    mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hey I have lost all diplomas since installing IP. I can't figure out why? They at the help desk tells me to post in the forum..

That someone reads them.
  • Options
    Mavrkzx7rMavrkzx7r Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited February 2014
    My sims got an A in everything and 48/48 credits. Took them to the Anex early and waited. Finally at 1pm they got the option to go in and graduate, no crowd blocking the way. However I did notice only one sim automatically went into the building and got the message to enter, I had to manually send the other sim inside or she would've missed out.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2014
    Here is how you can go to graduation Ceremony. The game doesn't spawn the npc's very well and the auto spawn for you to enter the Annex is often backed up by npces, cancel the action that spawns you at a populated door and pick one of the 7 doors one will not be populated. Most of the sims that use the spawn door are visiting your graduation just as you can visit theirs on a certain day. In order to get the Graduation robe you must be wearing the graduation gown before you go to graduation. This is the Black and purple gown you see people wearing throughout the school on Graduation day. Before you go in you will turn into the Ceremonial Graduation Robe which is a black and red and yellow marked robe that matches the Universities schools implied colors, and you go into the Annex and come out once you come out you wait a little bit for others to come out and toss your diploma in the air, and change back into the Graduation Gown. This gown is tied to the University and when you go back home your sim will change into the gown for work during the time of the Graduation moodlet it replaces and overrides your jobs work close. My guess is your sim is so excited about graduating he wants to show off to all of those sims in your home neighborhood and you want a certain robe besides the default one you can change the robe that you got from High School to the University Robes, by changing into your gown and clicking career. All robes are stored in Career when you have your robe on. If you want to keep your high school gown make sure you save it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    HunnypoohHunnypooh Posts: 15 Member
    Okay so I figured out a work around for this problem. It's plagued me for quite a while and I can't believe I never thought of it until now. It's a hassle but a simple enough work around for those who don't think to have their sims go to graduation early because... why would you? This seems like a problem they definitely should have figured out since the gym has multiple entrances but whatever...

Answer: reset each NPC between your sim and the door using the testingcheatsenabled code. They'll go back to their original places and your sim can just walk in once they change into their robes. If you have multiple sims you may have to do this until they're all inside but it works consistently, just takes a minute to go through them all.

If you don't care about story progression at the university, a faster way would be to just delete them all using the same code. Just seems more cruel is all...
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hunnypooh wrote: »
    Okay so I figured out a work around for this problem. It's plagued me for quite a while and I can't believe I never thought of it until now. It's a hassle but a simple enough work around for those who don't think to have their sims go to graduation early because... why would you? This seems like a problem they definitely should have figured out since the gym has multiple entrances but whatever...

Answer: reset each NPC between your sim and the door using the testingcheatsenabled code. They'll go back to their original places and your sim can just walk in once they change into their robes. If you have multiple sims you may have to do this until they're all inside but it works consistently, just takes a minute to go through them all.

If you don't care about story progression at the university, a faster way would be to just delete them all using the same code. Just seems more cruel is all...
    It is never advisable to use testingcheatsenabled shift-clicks to delete sims of any kind. That removes their bodies from their game and might get them out of the way for the moment, but their data persists and will likely cause game file corruption the next time those sims are called upon to do anything.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MacKenzie_HuMacKenzie_Hu Posts: 1 New Member
    I used MCCC to make everyone leave and turned off autonomy...seems working well!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I used MCCC to make everyone leave and turned off autonomy...seems working well!
    That sounds like more of a TS4 solution. I'm afraid this was a TS3 discussion on the TS3 section of the forums. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends, going to go ahead and close this thread off as it's been inactive for quite some time. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top