Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats going on with the exchange.

HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
:)Hi I have been trying to download my world valley falls as for some reason it got deleted from my game.And I want to play it.I tried to export it from CAW but it would not work either.I don't know why I don't have it in my game as I did not delete it from my game.I tried to download it but I keep getting a error.It is downloading as the launcher shows that it is working but when the line goes all green it just gives me a error message. I have a picture of the error message if that could help.
errorqo.png"width=600"
Is their something wrong with the exchange.Has anyone else had this problem.I would like to know if anyone lost any of Thar worlds from their game for know reason.

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well I have gotten that error since the second patch after Supernatural came out and since one of the Origin updates (I believe it was the update before this last one for Origin) if a world, or a lot, or a sim has any kind of CC including CAP pattern on it. But it got real bad last week. The exchange just no longer will upload or download something for me if there is anything at all but store content or ep, sp content in it. I was really surprised when I found out at least two of the worlds I was trying to download only had CAP patterns in them - as lucky for me the worlds were also on sites besides the exchange, so I was still able to get them - so it is just some kind of signal apparently the game gets when downloading from the exchange and not really to do with the world or Origin itself. Like I said, it isn't just in downloading either, it is starting to happen when trying to upload too.

What I found quite humorous was three lots I tried dowmloading last week had no CC but did have a few CAP patterns the simmer had made eons ago and had been using in a lot of their lots as I even have some of their lots with the same patterns so it is not as if the patterns went bad or corrupted or something. But seeing this started happening even worse last week, I have a feeling it has something to do with all the fine tuning the Dev's are doing to Origin trying to fix their issues with Sims City, and it is somehow enhancing the minor issue where this sometimes happened since one of the SN patches. it has been enhanced in other words.

After they updated the store for Seasons clothing recently, I had decided to redownload everything, including all the worlds I use, and all the store stuff went along fine, but when I started redownloading Worlds and lots at least half of the ones I have been using all the time in my game, gave that error as well. So they have definitely turned something up - but one thing I know if the lot or world has absolutely zero non-EA store or ep content - it uploads or downloads with no problem. Have one piece of CC or even a pattern, and chances are it will either throw that error or not be in the game after it says success.

As I know you don't generally use CC or patterns though, at least I have never seen any in any of your worlds I have downloaded before - I find it odder than ever.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited March 2013
    :)Thanks Writin_Reg I have not used any CC as far as I know either I guess I mite have to check it in CAW and see.I hope it dose get a fix soon.When I did have it done I did not have any problems installing it.So as you have said It must be something to do with one of the last patches.
  • heidismile12heidismile12 Posts: 46
    edited March 2013
    If it got worse since the problem with simcity then the answer is simple. they used the exchange servers to make more server space for simcity therefore less space for uploads and downloads of the now clogged servers for the exchange hence the errors. I mean were Ea, the company who made a single player sandbox game into a multiplayer without a single player option, going to BUY the extra servers for the game. no.