Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Ist Person View

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2013
    Macalpi wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    If I want to play an RPG, I'll play an RPG. Sims is not an RPG. I would not buy this type of game, simply because it's not a sims game.

Oh dear, what have I done! I was just suggesting an option of first person view within the game, that you could switch into, to see from your sims point of view, and operate in that mode for a while. I wouldn't want sims 4 to be an all out RPG game either.

It happens to threads. :XD: eventually it will get back on track!
  • Options
    MacalpiMacalpi Posts: 210 New Member
    edited April 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    Macalpi wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    If I want to play an RPG, I'll play an RPG. Sims is not an RPG. I would not buy this type of game, simply because it's not a sims game.

Oh dear, what have I done! I was just suggesting an option of first person view within the game, that you could switch into, to see from your sims point of view, and operate in that mode for a while. I wouldn't want sims 4 to be an all out RPG game either.

It happens to threads. :XD: eventually it will get back on track!

I hope so, I wasn't attempting to court controversy! :lol:
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sign me up to that.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9ESC8Dv.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]
    This :lol:

It would make more sense if TS4 were a pure RPG game. Which is why this thread hasn't been receiving much love from the hard core sandbox fan boys here :lol:

Not to bash your thread OP, but the 1st person point of view reads a lot like the Sims RPG version of an action FPS game :lol:

TSM failed for a reason btw. TSM's RPG game breaking features (i.e. no customization, sandbox etc) sent many hybrid TS3-TSMers scurrying back to TS3. :lol:

The whole point of sandbox is playing the game from a 3rd person god perspective. So I'm not sure if the 1st person point of view would even make sense from the franchise's traditional design of a 3rd person sandbox game. :?

But if TS4 opts for first person POV, it could work in theory. However, adding this feature to the traditional TS3 style sandbox, legacy game play, CAS, CAP, CAW building tools in TS4, would be very resource intensive for many simmers gaming systems.

At minimum, adding a 1st person POV would require a superior graphics card and loads of RAM. Just to maintain your gaming performance when you're viewing the game from that perspective. Nobody wants to see greyed out objects whenever your sim turns their head in their CC cluttered homes, or whatever community lot they happen to be on. Nobody wants to suffer from lag, or fps drops due to low frame rates.

Adding this option would increase the game's required hardware specs. This in turn, would require higher level gaming systems to meet TS4's higher system specs. Which would likely leave a lot of simmers trailing the power curve. To date, a lot of simmers still have medium to lower end systems (especially the 32 bit systems) If you check the tech forum, you'd see a lot of dxdiags for systems that wouldn't be able to handle this added resource requirement.

A great idea in theory. But one which would be very challenging to execute in reality--for both devs and the sims fanbase.
  • Options
    MacalpiMacalpi Posts: 210 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Sign me up to that.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9ESC8Dv.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]
    This :lol:

It would make more sense if TS4 were a pure RPG game. Which is why this thread hasn't been receiving much love from the hard core sandbox fan boys here :lol:

Not to bash your thread OP, but the 1st person point of view reads a lot like the Sims RPG version of an action FPS game :lol:

TSM failed for a reason btw. TSM's RPG game breaking features (i.e. no customization, sandbox etc) sent many hybrid TS3-TSMers scurrying back to TS3. :lol:

The whole point of sandbox is playing the game from a 3rd person god perspective. So I'm not sure if the 1st person point of view would even make sense from the franchise's traditional design of a 3rd person sandbox game. :?

But if TS4 opts for first person POV, it could work in theory. However, adding this feature to the traditional TS3 style sandbox, legacy game play, CAS, CAP, CAW building tools in TS4, would be very resource intensive for many simmers gaming systems.

At minimum, adding a 1st person POV would require a superior graphics card and loads of RAM. Just to maintain your gaming performance when you're viewing the game from that perspective. Nobody wants to see greyed out objects whenever your sim turns their head in their CC cluttered homes, or whatever community lot they happen to be on. Nobody wants to suffer from lag, or fps drops due to low frame rates.

Adding this option would increase the game's required hardware specs. This in turn, would require higher level gaming systems to meet TS4's higher system specs. Which would likely leave a lot of simmers trailing the power curve. To date, a lot of simmers still have medium to lower end systems (especially the 32 bit systems) If you check the tech forum, you'd see a lot of dxdiags for systems that wouldn't be able to handle this added resource requirement.

A great idea in theory. But one which would be very challenging to execute in reality--for both devs and the sims fanbase.

Thanks for that input, you're obviously very knowledgeable on the whole subject. Still want it though.
  • Options
    3corn33corn3 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I think rpg for sims 4 would be awesome.. But there must be an option that asks if you want to play a role playing game or a normal game.. For me it would be fun because I always play just with one person.. More than one is too much.. But it would be nice if there were an option in the sims 4 or just a seperate sims for an rpg game..