Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Ist Person View

I would love if Sims 4 had an option to play as your sim, see everything from their perspective, put yourself more into the game. You could feel what it is like to live in the houses and walk around the town, and look at sims face to face and drive the cool cars, etc. Then switch back into God-mode when it suited. I don't think there are many good rpg games with the focus on home and everyday life that sims has. Until virtual reality is available to the general public, it could be the closest we get.

Anyone else any thoughts on this?

*Edited as suggested from mis-leading RPG title, to fist person view title*

Comments

• Options
    cool_owl_city_rockcool_owl_city_rock Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow, that would be awesome :). However, wouldn't that add a whole new aspect to the game? Because in The Sims 3 we control our sims, and watch them do stuff. I think it would be nice to have a separate game like that, rather than an option in Sims 4.
  • Options
    MacalpiMacalpi Posts: 210 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow, that would be awesome :). However, wouldn't that add a whole new aspect to the game? Because in The Sims 3 we control our sims, and watch them do stuff. I think it would be nice to have a separate game like that, rather than an option in Sims 4.

I'd be happy to have it be a seperate game as long as it wasn't an excuse to cop out on some of the features in the sims games like building and adjusting decor and free play, all the choices we currently have.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2013
    Jeuxvideopc.com said The Sims 4 will be a RPG game like The Sims Stories. SimCity will be required.

Google Translate
    The Sims 4 will land not yet announced by EA in 2013/14. The goal will no longer be the same, all based on the Sims History ... you can create your Sims, their objects create, adopt, assist them in their professions and also several novelty: The Circus, The bounty hunters ... Create the city all get changed, you create your own city but you have to information possessed by Sim City.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes! RPG games are the best.
    They could get their inspiration from already existing games.

The Supernatural ep could take inspiration from Vampire the Masquerade.
    They could also take inspiration from Prototype for a Heroes and Villians ep.

But the ESRB rating on The Sims would make the quests feel pretty bland.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm not so keen on the term 'RPG'... I don't want to play as my sim.

But I would like to be able to switch to first-person camera and see from their perspective. Just like using camera mode. The camera would be 'glued' to the sims face and the sim would move around as you have directed them in normal mode: the sim is uncontrollable but you can pan the camera around a little bit.

I just think the live-mode camera could be improved: it's hard to get good angles, and see your sims faces.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2013
    RPG was interesting in The Sims Castaway Stories.

But I won't like if The Sims 4 become a RPG, because I hate the game rules and I want to rule my Sims world.
  • Options
    jessyxdavidsonjessyxdavidson Posts: 896 Member
    edited March 2013
    no offence to anyone, but i hope this doesn't happen. I don't like rpgs and i like the way the sims games have always been. and it's definately a big turn off if you have to have simcity. i'm not getting simcity because of all the trouble the online part has caused. if it does happen i hope its not a requirement. i hope they make it optional.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited March 2013
    nah. i like playing the creator.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm only fond of certain RPGs, although I'd be glad of a 1st person camera or something. I'm a little iffy on actually having my sim run around via arrow keys, if we can't already do that on low free will.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm not so keen on the term 'RPG'... I don't want to play as my sim.

But I would like to be able to switch to first-person camera and see from their perspective. Just like using camera mode. The camera would be 'glued' to the sims face and the sim would move around as you have directed them in normal mode: the sim is uncontrollable but you can pan the camera around a little bit.

I just think the live-mode camera could be improved: it's hard to get good angles, and see your sims faces.

I agree. The Sims is supposed to be a life simulator, not a life RPG. :( As a seperate game, it might be fun to try out!

The live-mode camera improvement would be great. :thumbup:
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited March 2013
    Are you asking for just a first person Sim view? You may want to change the topic title then, RPG is a little misleading. If you just want a first person Sim view, I'm open to the idea. The Sims 1 for console had a "fisheyes" cheat that let you see the game world from your Sims view. It was pretty neat.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2013
    canitbeman wrote:
    Are you asking for just a first person Sim view? You may want to change the topic title then, RPG is a little misleading. If you just want a first person Sim view, I'm open to the idea. The Sims 1 for console had a "fisheyes" cheat that let you see the game world from your Sims view. It was pretty neat.

^^This^^

OP, I'm thinking you do mean 1st person view. Lots of games that aren't RPG have an option to drop down the camera and walk around in the towns or cities or the simulated game's houses etc. to view from 'eyelevel view' everything in it.

You can use the arrows on your keyboard to move forward, sideways, etc. I love those features..especially when you can just use the mouse forward or backward to view something or pretend you are the simulated person and walking around the town or in the buildings.

TS4's camera options would have to include an option to switch back and forth by clicking a simple icon/button on the game panel. I have wanted this forever in TS3. Since the worlds are open and so decorative.

But TS3's cameraman mode doesn't even allow us to get as close to the Sim or the objects or floor etc. as TS2's cameramanmode and I doubt they will consider it next time..since it seems they actually removed the up close view from this game's cameraman mode....which the term cameraman mode isn't even mentioned in the guides for this game like in TS2's Read Me files.

But yeah, a 1st person view is helpful when trying to see what is blocking a simulated pixel let alone allowing you to immerse yourself in any game.

I just hope they return to the 'closeup' camera view TS2 had instead of this game..which seems I can't get as close as we could before let alone no 1st person view.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    canitbeman wrote:

^^This^^

OP, I'm thinking you do mean 1st person view. Lots of games that aren't RPG have an option to drop down the camera and walk around in the towns or cities or the simulated game's houses etc. to view from 'eyelevel view' everything in it.

You can use the arrows on your keyboard to move forward, sideways, etc. I love those features..especially when you can just use the mouse forward or backward to view something or pretend you are the simulated person and walking around the town or in the buildings.

TS4's camera options would have to include an option to switch back and forth by clicking a simple icon/button on the game panel. I have wanted this forever in TS3. Since the worlds are open and so decorative.

But TS3's cameraman mode doesn't even allow us to get as close to the Sim or the objects or floor etc. as TS2's cameramanmode and I doubt they will consider it next time..since it seems they actually removed the up close view from this game's cameraman mode....which the term cameraman mode isn't even mentioned in the guides for this game like in TS2's Read Me files.

But yeah, a 1st person view is helpful when trying to see what is blocking a simulated pixel let alone allowing you to immerse yourself in any game.

I just hope they return to the 'closeup' camera view TS2 had instead of this game..which seems I can't get as close as we could before let alone no 1st person view.
    Maybe EA could add Oculus Rift support for first person mode! :D
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sign me up to that.

9ESC8Dv.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sign me up to that.

9ESC8Dv.jpg
    22078778.jpg
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited March 2013
    I hope I live to see VR truly implemented in gaming! I've been waiting so long, where is my VR?! :(

As for Sims 3 RPG? No thanks, I don't like doing my own chores, let alone my sims. Now if my sims could come do my chores....

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I spent a good 5 minutes thinking of a punchline. lol.
    What would you have written?
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited March 2013
    RPG (Play as a sim) would be perfect for a Kennect verion of the game, keep PC as is but do it for Kinnect where you are the sim (Wii too)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    OP here. To clarify, yes maybe 1st person mode would be a better description, but I just wanted to get across the ability to move around as your sim and interact with objects as your sim, so- whatever best describes that.

I would only like it as an option in the game myself, just a mode you could switch into. Thanks for all the feedback, very interesting opinions :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sign me up to that.

9ESC8Dv.jpg

Lol, not quite what I had in mind!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Macalpi wrote:
    Sign me up to that.

9ESC8Dv.jpg

Lol, not quite what I had in mind!
    Simming for many people is like this already. :lol:
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2013
    If I want to play an RPG, I'll play an RPG. Sims is not an RPG. I would not buy this type of game, simply because it's not a sims game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    If I want to play an RPG, I'll play an RPG. Sims is not an RPG. I would not buy this type of game, simply because it's not a sims game.

Oh dear, what have I done! I was just suggesting an option of first person view within the game, that you could switch into, to see from your sims point of view, and operate in that mode for a while. I wouldn't want sims 4 to be an all out RPG game either.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2013
    I would definitely NOT get this game if they destroyed it as described herein.

OMG, it's a freakin' Sims game...ie, sandbox, godgame!!

Not an RPG!

*shakes head in utter dismay!*
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2013
    Jeuxvideopc.com said The Sims 4 will be a RPG game like The Sims Stories. SimCity will be required.

Google Translate
    The Sims 4 will land not yet announced by EA in 2013/14. The goal will no longer be the same, all based on the Sims History ... you can create your Sims, their objects create, adopt, assist them in their professions and also several novelty: The Circus, The bounty hunters ... Create the city all get changed, you create your own city but you have to information possessed by Sim City.
    If this comes to pass, then TS4 will be exactly like WA but on steroids. :?

That sort of game design is clearly targeting the casual gamers and not the core Sims fanbase :roll: Because if it plays like WA (aka ZERO sandbox features), then this means ZERO replay value for any EP released under TS4. :? You could only play through the game 1-2 times at most before being bored to death. :roll: