Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you uninstall the game?

I want to completely uninstall and re-install the game to start all over again. I right click on the icon but there's no uninstall option like the sims 2 games had.

Help?
:?

Comments

• JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2009
    Help please? :?
  • XanthetjeXanthetje Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Either click
    Start/Programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Uninstall The Sims 3
    or
    Start/Settings/Configuration, then 'remove program', select The Sims 3 from the list.

This is assuming you're using Windows...if you're on a Mac, I'm afraid I can't help you :)
  • RainbowCougarRainbowCougar Posts: 36 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Click the icon and click delete, it should come up (if you're windows) "this only deletes the icon click here to delete the file".
  • DrakkonianDrakkonian Posts: 426 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This link will show you how to do the manual Un-install. Just make sure you follow the steps carefully.

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22226
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited July 2009
    You could go to control panel, add remove programs and remove S3 there but that doesn't clean the registry entries. I'm assuming your reinstalling because of problems. There is a thread that details how to manually uninstall S3. DANGER WILL ROBINSON. Editing your registry can be harmful to your computer. Set a restore point or backup your registry before starting and proceed carefully. GL
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • DrakkonianDrakkonian Posts: 426 New Member
    edited July 2009
    See my post above :D