Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to farm forbidden fruits?

I plan to have a deliciously evil vegetarian Emperor of Evil in one of my towns, that consumes forbidden fruits as the source of his evil aura powers. cue shock horror and disgust.

Is it possible to get them en masse without creating lots of plantsims?
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2013
    You can only grow one forbidden fruit at a time on a plant, an after this is picked no more fruit can be produced off this plant. Also when your emperor eats this fruit he will turn get a moodlet for 4 hours and then into a plantsim each time unless he goes to the science centre to get cured.
    Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited March 2013
    Does it go barren or dead? I remember someone said they got three fruits off it somehow..

As for the sickness, I could either have Simmunity (what kind of soulless evil mastermind catches a cold?) or just BE a plantsim..cannibalism! *evil trait cackle*

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    Actually if you have your evil sim gain their Science Trait, they can actually clone all the forbidden fruit they want. I was not even trying and my sim had made 4 Forbidden Fruits in that machine and she was not even trying. That is not the only thing they can do with it either.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited March 2013
    Once the Frobidden Fruit is ripe they can either pick it or harvest it. If you pick you either get a PlantSim baby or another seed for planting (the odds are 50-50) I don't know what the odds are for the sex of the baby. If you harvest it (or tend garden) the fruit goes into your inventory. If you eat it you become the PlantSim.

And, Yes, the gene splicing experiment will turn regular seeds into Forbidden Fruit seeds.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited March 2013
    My sim has lvl 5-6 in science and everything she does fails. Do I have to get her up to lvl 10 to make forbidden fruit? I've looked everywhere for the forbidden fruit in university and can't find it. I'd love to have a plantsim. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You can clone items in that machine? Cloning fruits would be great, although it lacks the evil of growing and eating babies.

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2013
    Has anybody tried making nectar from forbidden fruit yet?

You don't always get the "disease" from eating the forbidden fruit, it's a random thing. I'm guessing that the moodlet manager will cure it, along with the Science Center.

When you get your science skill level up to 10, you'll get a fruit about every 4 or 5 times you do the "gene splicing" to a seed at the science station. I've got about a dozen of them. You can analyze the fruit, and then clone it from the sample. Or just keep doing more gene splicing. I've had clones of perfect fruits come out with qualities from normal to outstanding, it's not always a perfect clone.

I've used fairies to bloom and grow a bunch of forbidden fruits, and so far I've only ever gotten one fruit per plant. You do increase the quality from normal up to perfect in 1 or 2 generations. I've got a teenager fairy, and she never got a baby when picking the fruit. Her mother got a baby about half the time, even if they never talked to the plant, or played music, or any of the other goofy theories.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What happens if you have 8 family members already and you pick one? Might fill up the slots with a mummy and simbots to avoid unwanted additions..