Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Voices please

Okay, I'm not sure how they would work this, but I would LOVE to have an EP voice pack of additional voices, even if they just included those from Sims Medieval. Not sure if this has been brought up before or shot down and if they can do this, but I would extend this game so much more.

I know I'm not ready for a Sims 4 for a long time, but if and when they do, I hope there is at least 6 voices per category and a good way to adjust the ranges (computer effects have gotten so much better since 2009).

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. Having more voices would allow for sims to not sound the similar/the same ^^
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    agree
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes I agree.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd actually really like another voice or two.

I don't know how difficult this would be though, if it was quite easy it would be cool, but if it was a difficult thing then the resources might be better spent elsewhere.
  • MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ditto on that :!:

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • MacalpiMacalpi Posts: 210 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Absolutely! I've wished that for a long time. It seems strange that they've never added more voices, maybe it's too difficult for some reason.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Definitely agreed - but I am satisfied with the three that we have. :thumbup:
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wish Elders had more discerable 'elderly' voices.

And I wish sims from different worlds/cultures had different accents:
    Rolling of the R's -- I'd rrrrrrrreally like this!
    V's instead of W's -- Vampires alvays vahnt to sahk your blaht!
    Z's instead of TH's -- Zat would be ze best!
    Stuff like that. :lol:
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:

I think that may be a little difficult since they( the voice actors) are speaking gibberish, and just blurt out what they're saying. Simlish is a mix of random letters and words. It'd be kind of hard to talk in an accent while speaking gibberish...But now that I think about it, it would sound more like gibberish. So really, they might not even sound like accents...
    I know in Medieval, they had like British accents, which was cool.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited March 2013
    knh330 wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

I think that may be a little difficult since they( the voice actors) are speaking gibberish, and just blurt out what they're saying. Simlish is a mix of random letters and words. It'd be kind of hard to talk in an accent while speaking gibberish...But now that I think about it, it would sound more like gibberish. So really, they might not even sound like accents...

Not exactly. The Simlish language is actually very complex.
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited March 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    knh330 wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

Well, excuse me!
    But I think replacing letters would still kind of make it sound like gibberish...just saying.
    I'm trying to use an example, but I can't think of anything sims say that I could use in an example...
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited March 2013
    knh330 wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    knh330 wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

Well, excuse me!
    But I think replacing letters would still kind of make it sound like gibberish...just saying.
    I'm trying to use an example, but I can't think of anything sims say that I could use in an example...

I think in Medieval you do indeed get 4 voices :P Which BTW, I would be happy if they even just added these lol.

I wasn't sure how hard it would be to do either...but let me just say I'd be first in line for a pre-order of an EP with this :P.

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in wanting this. I just was creating characters and trying to get the voice to sound different from the characters I had already made and they sound so much alike...after playing Medieval for awhile (which has a bit better CAS and CAS) I was kinda missing this in my Sims 3 game.
    edited March 2013
    knh330 wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    knh330 wrote:
    murfeel wrote:

Well, excuse me!
    No need to be excused. Just reminding you they didn't just slap together some gibberish.
  • Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited March 2013
    I thought they just had two people provide the voices by blurting out gibberish... I doubt it, but maybe they can't edit them much more and keep the distinct and real sounding.
    edited March 2013
    Pandora189 wrote:
    I thought they just had two people provide the voices by blurting out gibberish... I doubt it, but maybe they can't edit them much more and keep the distinct and real sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3NqpPMdDSQ
    edited March 2013
    I heard that some of it was gibberish and some of it was actual Sim LANGUAGE.

Sul-sul! means Hello!
    Nash na poof? means Anyone home?

Sul-sul could be pronouncled Zool-zool
    Nash na poof could be pronounced Naush na puv

Even gibberish can be given a different vowel/inflection, so...
    Sul-sul becomes sol-sol
    Nash na poof becomes nosh noh pahf

Something like that. I don't know. I'd love to hear someone with a THICK accent try spealing simlish (distinct and easily reconizeable like Celtic brogue or a Schwartzenegger-Scandinavian or a African/Caribbean accent).
    edited March 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Pandora189 wrote:

I'm gonna look at this tomorrow when I wake up; thanks for finding a video!
  • SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Pandora189 wrote:

Thanks for posting Icy_Lava! That was quite an interesting watch--she is so lucky!!

I also think it's cool that the celebrities/singers who provide music for the radio actually go in and sing their song in simlish. I thought forever that they accomplished this by having the real songs synthesized somehow into simlish until I looked it up on youtube.

More voices would be cool, maybe they could add a couple but it would be a lot of work to hire additional voice actors and record the entire vocal animation sequences again.
    edited March 2013
    I just don't like how all three voices sound very similar. In sims 2 you could not customize voice, but there was atleast 3 and they sounded very different.
  • SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    I heard that some of it was gibberish and some of it was actual Sim LANGUAGE.

Sul-sul! means Hello!
    Nash na poof? means Anyone home?

Sul-sul could be pronouncled Zool-zool
    Nash na poof could be pronounced Naush na puv

Even gibberish can be given a different vowel/inflection, so...
    Sul-sul becomes sol-sol
    Nash na poof becomes nosh noh pahf

Something like that. I don't know. I'd love to hear someone with a THICK accent try spealing simlish (distinct and easily reconizeable like Celtic brogue or a Schwartzenegger-Scandinavian or a African/Caribbean accent).

A Caribbean accent would have worked so well with IP! Gibberish definitely can have a different sound to it based upon inflection and intonation like you said.

I always thought that simlish must be like what non-English speakers think English sounds like, it's very Standard American English sounding. More regional variety would be nice.

I also really wish the local sims in the 3 WA worlds had accents respective of their countries.

@Icy_Lava I agree, the sims' voices in ts2 were very different and distinguishable from one another. The voices we have now sound so similar, and the only thing that really helps to switch it up is drastically altering the pitch.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited March 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzIWx6tdbAA&amp;list=UU0uOjGNOJ-V-8LtsXkY3Cxg&amp;index=25

Look at about 5:16, it will show you a lot of the techniques they use now to create the voices. This is only a sample, too. I thought it was cool and how they showed us everything.

ETA:Also, I rewatched the video for you (and for me of course :lol: ) And at about 11:30 they start talking about the difficulty and things they have to deal with for simlish, so take that into consideration.
    And it ends about 14:13 so you can watch it all or not. :) Hope I helped
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited March 2013
    i would love an Asian girl with those cute voices to do a sample ^.^ but yes it would be nice to have a vast voice bank along side it every once in a while with maybe like 500 more things. some games would really benefit from a voice pack dlc only 2 come to mind this and skyrim