Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online Picture Storage

Have a question about media services. I've been using Photobucket, which... meh. I have the updated version and don't care for it. As well, recently when using it, it makes my system hang.

So.

Checking out other ways of uploading and storing my Simmie pics and am looking for suggestions. I have a list of alternatives to Photobucket which I am looking through but would like to hear you guys' suggestions.

Currently I edit my pictures (when I edit them) before I upload them, as I find Photobucket's editing system really obnoxious, so a service with some editing capabilities would be nice - although not a necessity.

Appreciate your help.

Comments

• my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm glad you asked this question curious what other people use. I was using Photobucket too but just changed recently to Flickr. I went back to Flickr for the ease of use and the photo editing tools they have on the site. Majority of the time I use my own software, but it's nice to have something available to make a few tweaks if needed while the photo is already uploaded.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited March 2013
    i use tinypic
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm glad you asked this question curious what other people use. I was using Photobucket too but just changed recently to Flickr. I went back to Flickr for the ease of use and the photo editing tools they have on the site. Majority of the time I use my own software, but it's nice to have something available to make a few tweaks if needed while the photo is already uploaded.

I'm checking Flickr out as we speak. :)
  • SimFanAJSimFanAJ Posts: 2,755 Member
    edited March 2013
    I use imageshack by far the most. I find it really easy, and have been using them for years. I also use Photobucket, but it is so slow there. I much prefer imageshack. =)
    1stsiggy_zpsa76c2175.png
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited March 2013
    Surreal wrote:

I'm checking Flickr out as we speak. :)

I tried Flickr but somehow, I don't know how to re-size the picture nor put it in forum format. So I just used tinypic instead. It is SOOOO much easier.
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited March 2013
    as others have voted, tinypic is superior
  • 10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I was using Photobucket too but just changed recently to Flickr.
    Same with me, the change on Photobucket looks horrible. (So does Windows 8.)
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ugh yes! I have used photobucket for years and have like 3k pictures on my account but ever since the new update its impossible to use! Very buggy- I loved being able to resize by just hovering over the pic but now you have to take it into the editor, resize and then it saves 2 copies of the pic, the original and the resized one. How annoying.

I'm thinking of switching, probably gonna use flickr also
    WLfAA9V.png
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've tried Flickr but I didn't get any links when I uploaded a picture :? So I use Imageshack instead.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • 10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh! Erm, brooke, nice Avatar?
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
    Oh! Erm, brooke, nice Avatar?

Thanks bud! You too! :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited March 2013
    If you've got a Hotmail e-mail account, you get a 25Gb SkyDrive, free.

More than enough space for pic storage. :-)

G-Mail got similar, too.