Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life EP not-yet-having Simmers UNITE!

Sooo ..

I don't have my copy of UL YET :lol:

But,

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one :evil:

Share how you're not ripping your hair out just yet
because either you will not get a copy anytime soon,
or because your copy has not been delivered yet!

Any suggestions as to how to prep? What you wish you
would have known? :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm with ya. I'm hopefully getting it or some other EP for my birthday present. First, I gotta get a laptop. My mom said that I might be able to get 2-3 EPs...not until she sees how expensive they are!
    If I can only get one, I'm debating between Seasons and University. But the first thing I want to do when I get my laptop is create a world. So, I probably won't be playing that much. So that's where I'm trying to decide which EP I want.
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2013
    Start your sim out as a teen and make good grades, possible a part time job, and if you have time work on skills. If you do that you can earn scholarships and extra credits! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    edited March 2013
    I got a lot of EPs right before UL for Christmas and my birthday, so I have plenty of new content to explore. I'm waiting for IL to drop in price before I get it. But of course, that probably won't happen anytime soon. :cry:
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've not got it yet as I'm an idiot and left it at Uni before noting down the serial number before going home -.-
    So now I'm waiting on a housemate to send it over, mehh.

I'm not sure if preparing for it is a good idea (except taking all mods out first). Some people have reported issues with existing saves not working properly and that it's better to start a whole new game first.
    Buut I don't know.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited March 2013
    There is not a whole lot you can do to prep for taking you sim to the UNI except to work on the home world skills that will benefit what skills you need to start learning at the UNI. For example, if you know you plan to enroll in Science and Medicine I found out having skills in the various things that make for a good scientist or doctor in the home world game are good to have like logic.

If you also know ahead of time that you are going to absolutely refuse to participate in the dorm (or frat sorority house or share with renters) when you get there - which I suggest you do for at least one term. EA made it great where you don't have to control all the sims you share living with and its quite a social help to live in the whole UNI leaving experience. But if you know you absolutely have to leave alone you might want to prep a small house (40X40 or smaller lot) and have it in your bin before you head there.

Otherwise that is about all the prep I have found out you need before getting UNI and playing it. Having skills helps but it is not required, you can make a brand new YA/Adult or Elder and send then to UNi right out of CAS and they will do as well as anyone if they go to classed and do extra study and participate in the whole UNI experience ;0
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks a lot everybody! I am so excited yet so nervous! I hope my game doesnt just crash and burn because of a bug or something lol
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm finding that I would much rather have teens prepped for Uni than just sending in new-to-world YAs.

There is plenty you could be doing with your teens. You can earn them LTRs like Observant and Multi-tasking. You can earn them a few Logic and Charisma skill points. You might as well get them some cooking skills too since there is no cafeteria in the dorms.

You can get them started on their Social Networking skills because there are some features that can be unlocked that will be handy at University. It would be better to have those features available for University as early as possible.

There are things from other EPs you can bring along for use in Uni. I love having an Invigorating elixir from Supernatural when I have my sims party a little too much than they should and also for all-night graffiti tagging sprees.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds