Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling Blogs

My sim is a level 10 in social networking and her blog is level 5. I have the option to switch blogs but the sell option is greyed out. How do I get her to sell her blog?

Comments

• Options
    NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think you have to have at least a certain number of followers then once in a while, you'll get an offer to sell your blog.
  • Options
    Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited March 2013
    So I'm just not being patient enough since she has five stars? Thanks
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2013
    any tips on getting a 5 star blog?
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited March 2013
    Keep posting and asking for donations every day..
  • Options
    ButterFli927ButterFli927 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Anyone actually sell yet? I've got an offer but I'm at 4 stars right now and will hold out until I reach 5 stars. A pop up appeared asking to buyout but I was clicking through notifications and clicked too fast so I didn't get to read the whole thing other than I was being offered a blog buyout. Not sure if I was given a monetary offer at that point or not. My blog is at 1300 followers at the moment :) Those who sold -- how much did you get?
  • Options
    Count_OlafCount_Olaf Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I just sold my first blog for 5,120 :) - didn't expect so much :D It was a 5 star news blog with over 2,000 followers & I had taken a number of pictures too. The option was greyed out until I got the pop up in the information section.
  • Options
    chaosmechaosme Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2013
    Once your blog has reached 4 stars status, you'll have a chance to receive a pop up notification of a buy out. Then you can click the sell button under the blog app to sell it.

I've sold two blogs thus far. Got 2k+ simoleans for a 4 star blog and 6k+ simoleans for a 5 star blog.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited March 2013
    Where are you seeing the option to sell? I got the pop up 2x.
    Does it come up with the blog pop up?
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited March 2013
    Where are you seeing the option to sell? I got the pop up 2x.
    Does it come up with the blog pop up?

I got it.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    Chickster196Chickster196 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have sold five blogs now, all for over $2,000 each. I had a tough time with blogs for so long but I've figured out a secret.

Once you have the relationship transmorgifier option in your cell phone, use it to make yourself friends with someone. This will give you the Gotta Blog About... Newfound Friendship symbol. When you post to your blog with that moodlet you will always gain followers, sometimes up to 80 or 90. You can make that person an acquaintance again and back to a friend and get the Newfound Friend moodlet over and over.

Other ways to get Gotta Blog About... moodlets include making out, woohooing, or being mean. I have a roommate I am enemies with that I am mean to, I blog about it when the moodlet pops up and I repeat until the Blogged Out negative moodlet comes up. Then I do something else for two sim hours and start again when it expires. When I get the Gotta Blog About... moodlet I can post, get the moodlet again, post, moodlet, post, etc up to nine times in a row before being blogged out and it increases my followers by the 100s in a session.

I have found with this method I can be a four to five star blog in a couple Sim days and I always have an offer to sell. I find donations and taking photos have nothing to do with it.

Hope this helps because blogs drove me crazy for SO long!

• Options
    Chickster196Chickster196 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2013
    lizmac21 wrote:
    any tips on getting a 5 star blog?

I hope my post above helps.
  • Options
    ptpie87ptpie87 Posts: 166 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have sold five blogs now, all for over $2,000 each. I had a tough time with blogs for so long but I've figured out a secret.

Once you have the relationship transmorgifier option in your cell phone, use it to make yourself friends with someone. This will give you the Gotta Blog About... Newfound Friendship symbol. When you post to your blog with that moodlet you will always gain followers, sometimes up to 80 or 90. You can make that person an acquaintance again and back to a friend and get the Newfound Friend moodlet over and over.

Other ways to get Gotta Blog About... moodlets include making out, woohooing, or being mean. I have a roommate I am enemies with that I am mean to, I blog about it when the moodlet pops up and I repeat until the Blogged Out negative moodlet comes up. Then I do something else for two sim hours and start again when it expires. When I get the Gotta Blog About... moodlet I can post, get the moodlet again, post, moodlet, post, etc up to nine times in a row before being blogged out and it increases my followers by the 100s in a session.

I have found with this method I can be a four to five star blog in a couple Sim days and I always have an offer to sell. I find donations and taking photos have nothing to do with it.

I'm going to try this.. The only thing is I noticed I can't blog twice in a row cause my Sim will already get the negative moodlet.. But if I follow what you said hopefully it'll work!!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2013
    :shock: Really my sim always loses followers because I forget she has a blog.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    NewYork7NewYork7 Posts: 661 Member
    edited August 2013

Thank you for the tips, this is really useful - I usually give up because I can't get the blog rating high quickly enough (I'm impatient!)

Definitely going to give this a try :D

• Options
    RazbunnyFluxRazbunnyFlux Posts: 15
    edited November 2013
    get your sim to get a $7500 massage and she'll be happy and more blog successful for a week.