Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Won't load while traveling to University

Hi, when I send my Sim off to university, it loads about 95% of the way and then just stops. The music still goes and it still gives game tips, but its basically stuck at 95%. It has worked in the past, so I'm not sure what's happening. Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2013

Other people are reporting the same problems with this. I don't think this classifies as a crashing issue, more like a freezing issue, so I suggest you check out the Univeristy bug thread here at:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank-you, seems like everyone is having issues with this game. I didn't see that anyone had the exact same problem as mine, though. Hoping someone on the thread will post a solution
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2013
    rubahluba wrote:
    Hi, when I send my Sim off to university, it loads about 95% of the way and then just stops. The music still goes and it still gives game tips, but its basically stuck at 95%. It has worked in the past, so I'm not sure what's happening. Anyone know anything about this?

how long did you wait at 95%?

reason i ask is because if its not your first visit the game as to update the university hood put more sims in take out sims from uni etc which can take time if your processor speed is low, if the game tips and music is still goin my guess its not crashed its just taking time to load.

mine loads to 70% stops for a bit this is probably where its loading the town then next at 95% this will be adding and updating sims.mine does take a while to load it to.

if you hit crl alt delete bring up task manager while on sims 3 look at the application part if its says running then its just taking its time, if it say not responding then you know it has crashed.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    For anyone else having this issue, I did some testing and found out the problem was the world I was using. Aurora Skies and University Life seem to not be compatable, at least not for me.
  • Options
    desnscottsmomdesnscottsmom Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem I got the game two days ago but mine only loads 2% and freezes although music still plays but everything else just stops. I've started over five times and have tried every method I've found, but it freezes at the same spot and has been since 7 am this morning... plz help I just want to send my daughter to college! :cry: :?:
  • Options
    asherz0asherz0 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I had this problem, too. I was using Aurora Skies, and sent my Sims to University. It took FOREVER to load. It loaded 98% of the way, then just hung out for awhile. I walked away from my computer to go to something else, and when I eventually came back it had loaded fine. So unless it actually freezes, it'll eventually load.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited May 2013
    how long did you wait at 95%?

reason i ask is because if its not your first visit the game as to update the university hood put more sims in take out sims from uni etc which can take time...

This is true. By the time I sent my Sim's daughter to Uni it took forever to load. I knew this might happen because I had read about it somewhere else on these forums. I had time to load the dishwasher and start a load of laundry and it was just getting to the move in screen when I got back. And I don't have a slow processor. It's that the game needed to create a whole new set of students. (My original Sim made the Young Again Potion on her chemistry before getting married and having kids. So there was quite a long passage of Sim time between her going to Uni and her daughter going.)
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    I had to take a mod out cause it was conflicting. Don't know if you use mods though.
  • Options
    AmandaPegadoAmandaPegado Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem, but I feel bad because I don't use any mods and I do not use Aurora SKies. I have sent my sims to university three times already, but now I'm having problems. Everytime it's almost fully loaded, it stops. My pc says the game is still working, but in fact it never concludes.

Doesn't matter how much time my computer remains on, it doesn't complete. :\
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have experienced this on several occasions.

Here is the fix I use:

Go to Edit Town
    Click on the University Icon to Edit the University
    When the University Town loads up, click on the Home Icon.
    When your home world loads up, send your Sims to University. It should load up fine.

Hope this helps :D
  • Options
    LaPeteLaPete Posts: 27
    edited May 2013
    I was having the same issue where it would just stop loading and keep running (I even let it sit for two hours!) After a few failed attempts and changing some things around I discovered it only happened in one of my games (Lucky Palms). I had another glitch occur earlier in that game so I just took it with a grain of salt that no one in that game file could go to university. Have you tried other families/neighborhoods to see if they work?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    keekee53 wrote:

Here is the fix I use:

Go to Edit Town
    When your home world loads up, send your Sims to University. It should load up fine.

Weeeeeeee! It worked for me! Thanks! :D
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited May 2013
    keekee53 wrote:

Here is the fix I use:

Go to Edit Town

Weeeeeeee! It worked for me! Thanks! :D

I am glad it worked for you. :D

I have been waiting for someone to test it out. It seems to work for me every time I have this problem. Now I go through the steps before sending my Sims so I don't have to deal with the lock up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hm. It's happening again with me the other way round. :?

I think this is so boring. I don't have much time to play, so missing two hours of game to me is a great thing. Besides that, I don't think we have any obligation of doing non-expected procedures in order to make the game work properly.

I hope EA fix it. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    ikv7824ikv7824 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    keekee53 wrote:

Here is the fix I use:

Go to Edit Town

Hope this helps

This also worked for me. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ugh, started having this problem again. However...
    keekee53 wrote:

Here is the fix I use:

Go to Edit Town

Hope this helps

This absolutely worked!! It would be nice if EA could have just made an expansion pack that didn't screw with everyone, but I'm so glad you found and shared a way around this problem. Thanks!
  • Options
    Tai_UchihaTai_Uchiha Posts: 2 New Member
    i get to the loading screen when I send my sim to University and it doesn't even load it gets stuck at 0% and then the game just exits itself out. I just got the game for Christmas.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Tai_Uchiha wrote: »
    i get to the loading screen when I send my sim to University and it doesn't even load it gets stuck at 0% and then the game just exits itself out. I just got the game for Christmas.

Did you try the fix in the post right above yours?

Can you get University to load in a new save?
  • Options
    AudreypAudreyp Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ikv7824 said:
    > keekee53 wrote:
    > I have experienced this on several occasions.
    >
    > Here is the fix I use:
    >
    > Go to Edit Town
    > Click on the University Icon to Edit the University
    > When the University Town loads up, click on the Home Icon.
    > When your home world loads up, send your Sims to University. It should load up fine.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    >
    >
    > This also worked for me. Thank you!

hi! i know this is really late (3 years omg) but i just got university. i tried editing the town and going to university but my loading bar just gets to around 97% and stops. Same thing happens when i try to send a sim to university. this is my first time attempting.
  • Options
    Antarctica09Antarctica09 Posts: 4 New Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Here is the fix I use:

Go to Edit Town

Thank you so much!!! This saved my sims- I thought I was going to have to start a new game! :D

• Options
    alexffs00alexffs00 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm still having this problem (I recently re-installed the games) and keekee53's solution isn't helping me - when i try this, it's just stopping to load at around 98%, the game isn't freezing/stopping, it says it's running perfectly. I've tried probably 5-6 times today and yesterday, it's really annoying because I have to exit my game and if i didn't save, I'll miss a bunch of progress. Anyone have any ideas as to what to do?
  • Options
    SailorScout04SailorScout04 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem and it also loads 98% and stops when I try to edit the university. Please help!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    First of all, this game is fragile. Traveling of any kind makes it even more so. The game should be saved (using Save As and changing the name slightly) before and after every travel transition so there are always safe saves to revert to should something like this go wrong. Also, travel should never be attempted unless the game is freshly started up so it has more resources to work with.

For those who still get stuck on travel transitions to and from Uni or any other world, if not averse to using mods NRaas Traveler together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap work very hard to prevent the failures from happening.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BramwolfBramwolf Posts: 1 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > First of all, this game is fragile. Traveling of any kind makes it even more so. The game should be saved (using Save As and changing the name slightly) before and after every travel transition so there are always safe saves to revert to should something like this go wrong. Also, travel should never be attempted unless the game is freshly started up so it has more resources to work with.
    >
    > For those who still get stuck on travel transitions to and from Uni or any other world, if not averse to using mods NRaas Traveler together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap work very hard to prevent the failures from happening.

Oh hai, it's me, still playing the game in 2017 because I got a hankering for University and there's still no Expansion for that in Sims 4. Lo and behold, I had this same problem. My computer is able to run Sims 3 with ease now and is a pretty beefed up gaming beast, so load times aren't an issue, but there it sat, stuck at 97% for ages and ages, I let it run for a good solid hour.

I tried @keekee53 solution, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. After many hours of trial and error, I tried the solution above using Nrass Traveler, Error Trap, and Overwatch, and lo, almost instantly the heavens opened up, plopped my Sim down, and we finally began University life. I am now a true believer in NRass for all things.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2017
    Bramwolf wrote: »
    ...and lo, almost instantly the heavens opened up, plopped my Sim down, and we finally began University life. I am now a true believer in NRass for all things.
    The heavens opening up bit was meant to be reserved for the secret special premium still in beta testing version of the mods, sounds like a copy got leaked out somehow. We'll send you an invoice for it in the morning.

Just kidding of course, glad you got that sorted out. Good luck on your sim's final exams. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top