Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

edit university town/ cheat code

so... i got sick of people STANDING in the door way of certain buildings-- the student union-- so i want to edit for more doors. however it's telling me i need to enter a cheat code to unlock 'build/buy' mode... any one know what the cheat is?

thanks

Comments

• Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited March 2013
    testingCheats Enabled true

RestrictBuyBuildinBuildings false

Pretty sure that's right.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    With testingcheatsenabled true on, does EnableLotLocking False work?

I don't have Uni installed yet to check it out myself.

EDIT: Several people here have already posted that RestrictBuyBuildinBuildings false does NOT work. Of course, it's not meant to unlock the lot, just disable the restrictions. A locked lot has to be unlocked first.
  • GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited March 2013
    You can also use Edit Town, but you have to do it from the home world before your sims get to Uni. (Or in between terms. Either way, you have to do it from the home world)
  • kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wanted to give the student union a makeover, and after a bit of testing I found it (not sure if you need testingcheatsenabled true on as I always have it on)

cheat is: enablelotlocking true (true enables you to lock/unlock false would freeze it as it is.)... then go to the lot you want to edit and click the lock, and it should unlock. It worked for me, as I am currently working on the student union.
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the correction, Kforti. I use this so rarely that it's easy to forget which one works but I know one of them always does. :mrgreen:
  • Tabmarie1Tabmarie1 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I got the build mode to unlock, it when I tried to add more doors to the union, it says home owner accociation won't let me. Any other ideas????
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2013
    Gabbryrose wrote:
    You can also use Edit Town, but you have to do it from the home world before your sims get to Uni. (Or in between terms. Either way, you have to do it from the home world)

Does this also mean that if you want to place one of your own creations, you have to do it from your home world? I can't place a dorm (in Uni - in edit town) I had created.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2013
    Bumping thread to keep it on page 1
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2013
    You can not place lots in university while it is active this will screw up the current term however, when the Neighborhood is inactive you can access the University Lots from edit town mode through the home world. This way is the only way to add new sims to University. I do not know if sims from homeworld can be saved to the been and transfered to University with all family and friends in tact. I am pretty sure if they did not leave the base game they would keep their family and friends.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    edited June 2013
    Sid1701D9 wrote:
    You can not place lots in university while it is active this will screw up the current term however, when the Neighborhood is inactive you can access the University Lots from edit town mode through the home world. This way is the only way to add new sims to University. I do not know if sims from homeworld can be saved to the been and transfered to University with all family and friends in tact. I am pretty sure if they did not leave the base game they would keep their family and friends.

THANKS! This helps a lot. :mrgreen:

Edit: I decided to to check out IF I could place my created lot in University - once I got back to my home world....... NOPE. Not that I couldn't get to Uni through Edit Town, NOOOO - my game decided it wanted to FRIGGIN crash once it got there! I will try again - but at a later time. Right now I'm too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Ceris_XCeris_X Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Please let me know if adding more doors to the Student Union Building fixes the crowding problem!

I tried to have my Sim go in through the back door and they refused, even when I walked them straight up to the door. All the Sims want to route through the main door, and it causes serious crowding issues.
  • Ceris_XCeris_X Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Just updated to patch 1.55, and it appears to have largely solved the issue. I only have 3-4 people hanging around the entrance now.
  • samanthallee1983samanthallee1983 Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2014
    kforti wrote:
    I wanted to give the student union a makeover, and after a bit of testing I found it (not sure if you need testingcheatsenabled true on as I always have it on)

cheat is: enablelotlocking true (true enables you to lock/unlock false would freeze it as it is.)... then go to the lot you want to edit and click the lock, and it should unlock. It worked for me, as I am currently working on the student union.

This worked well for me. I also changed the front/back doors in the student union to double arch ways and added a second archway to the classroom closer to front door.

This seems to have relieved the traffic flow quite a bit. Sims do still stand around quite a bit, but my sim hasn't missed that class since I made the adjustments.

The one odd thing is that when your sim goes to class, it still shows the animation of doors opening even though it's just an archway now.