Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

marriage after graduating, sims 3 university

My sim graduated and is back home. How can he marry his college romantic interest?

Comments

• jakeywakey911jakeywakey911 Posts: 98 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Just give whoever the sim was a call and invite then over :) they'll come visit until you ask them to leave. While they're over, marry them :)
  • rafrafrafraf Posts: 51 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Let me know if you had any success in doing this, 'cause I can't seem to get this to happen in my game (no propose option ever)
  • SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited March 2013
    I was able to get my sim married to her college hunk :) right after she graduated and went back home. She called to invite him over and he wasn't able to come until 9 a.m. the next day. He showed up, they flirted enough for her to propose and then they had a quick wedding.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2013
    The known Sim isn't in the phone book of your Sim's smartphone..their face is in your Relationship panel. You can click to text them, call long distance and invite over. Once at your house you proceed as normal.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited March 2013
    I think mine has a bug because none of that works. But then when I restarted my game the college boyfriend has somehow moved into the household. But still neither of them can propose to the other. ***. lol
  • RainbowMomRainbowMom Posts: 21
    edited March 2013
    Just when I thought my game was bug-free I find out that I don't have the option to do marriage or propose on here. :( idk what to do.
  • NaeRayNaeRay Posts: 297 New Member
    edited March 2013
    RainbowMom wrote:
    Just when I thought my game was bug-free I find out that I don't have the option to do marriage or propose on here. :( idk what to do.
    You can't do it in Uni you have to wait until your sim graduates and goes home so you can invite their bf/gf over to propose if it still doesn't work then just cheat and add them to your household
    edited March 2013
    My Sim's boyfriend is sort of added, but I can't play him. On another thread it was suggested to go into edit town mode, save the Sims with the house, then bulldoze the lot and put the home/sims back. Well I did that and it caused that problem. :(

I have no clue now what else I can do except start all over again. Which would just suck.
  • me3_0957FBA27me3_0957FBA27 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Can Sims you meet in University become your roommates and not your wife/husband?
    edited March 2013
    Can Sims you meet in University become your roommates and not your wife/husband?

Yes the "ask to be roommate" option is available in home town.
    edited March 2013
    The save household to library/bulldoze the lot suggestion worked for me eventually. I didn't even know that the boyfriend was added until I saved the household. The game saved both of them, not just my sim. I wonder if it was because when I invited the boyfriend over, I invited him to be a roommate (to see what would happen, since it seemed odd that my sim still had that option when she's not in college anymore). I dismissed him almost right away though, because it didn't seem to do much (he wasn't added as a controllable sim & my Sim still couldn't propose). But even after dismissing him, when I saved the household to the library it included him.

When I placed them back into the bulldozed empty lot, they were both controllable & their partner statuses were fixed. (Before, it showed that the guy was my sim's Boyfriend but his Partner status was also None). Then they could propose.

Evicting them with their house and then placing them back didn't work. I had to place them from the library (not the clipboard). The annoying thing is that doing this drops all their other relationships, so they're back to having no friends/acquaintances except each other and their bosses (if they're employed).
    edited March 2013
    Well I basically did what you did. And then I even started a new game with them in a different town, put them on an empty lot and started building them a house, and still neither can propose to the other.

I have no clue what else to do. I think I may just have to kill off this guy and find her someone else. Which would make me sad. She is already pregnant with his baby(definitely would make for an interesting story).
    edited March 2013
    That sucks. It's definitely a glitch. Maybe you can try saving another copy and then placing the new copy back. I don't know if it will work, but I had to try a couple of times before my game got fixed.
  • briettareneebriettarenee Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    This is how I got my sims to marry:

After your selected sim has graduated university, let time pass and let them move back home. After they are home, invite your significant other over (it won't be until 9 am the next day) and type the cheat code in (testingcheatsenabled true) and then right click on the sim you invited over and select 'add to active family. If your main sim was a girl and you want her to have the guys last name, have him propose to her. This worked for me. Hope it helps!!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2013
    So you have to wait till after graduation? You can't just invite them between terms, get married, then go back to college as a married couple?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • briettareneebriettarenee Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    I'm not really sure...I guess it's worth a try! That would be pretty awesome. Just do that and post on here if it worked for you!
  • ffgamer13ffgamer13 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    My Sims are home now, and its been about a week after they got home from College, and still i don't have the option to have them propose. I dont know if its just a bug, or whats going on. :( makes me a little sad
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    ffgamer13 wrote:
    My Sims are home now, and its been about a week after they got home from College, and still i don't have the option to have them propose. I dont know if its just a bug, or whats going on. :( makes me a little sad

If you aren't adverse to mods. You can use Twaalan's Mastercontroller mod to make them engaged and then see if they can marry. If they still can't, you can have them married in the same way. After you're done, you can removed the mod.
  • WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited March 2013
    So you have to wait till after graduation? You can't just invite them between terms, get married, then go back to college as a married couple?

I did this and it does work!

I had my selected Sim complete one two week trip to Uni, she came back home and invited the boyfriend which she got at Uni.. he came the next morning at 9. I then cheated and added him to the family almost immediately... had him propose marriage. Then I invited more of their college friends who arrived the next day at 9 again and around noon placed an arch and had them marry with all of their college friends there.. I had the college friends stay for two days (just put sleeping bags out and they slept and were fine) and then sent the college friends back to college and then had my Sims re-enroll in Uni and as a married couple they went to Uni and finished their degrees..

So yes this is possible.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    WorldTraveler76 I really like that. What a great idea. It won't work on my current sim because he is marrying someone from town but maybe the next.

• gidoragidora Posts: 29 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I can't get my sims to marry either. My sim met this guy white taking classes at the university. After I graduated and got back home I invited him over. However, I can't get them to Marry either. I cannot even add him to the active household because after entering the testing cheats code I still do not have the option to add him. Errr I'm so tire of all the glitches. It sucks!
  • ScienceCrazyScienceCrazy Posts: 116 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Can my sim add another sim to the active household. While he's at university?
  • powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited March 2013
    when your sim is back home just click on the picture and then click invite visitor , the sim will come the next day at 9am , then you just do all the romantic intractions until you can go steady , then get engaged and then married
  • CMIrvng68CMIrvng68 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited April 2013
    rafraf wrote:
    Let me know if you had any success in doing this, 'cause I can't seem to get this to happen in my game (no propose option ever)

Same with me. I don't even get the go steady interaction. They are just stuck as romantic interests.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    CMIrvng68 wrote:
    rafraf wrote:

Same with me. I don't even get the go steady interaction. They are just stuck as romantic interests.

My first Sim (who was single) was able to go steady at University, then they got married after graduation. Had to send new husband back for second degree anyway; he had a degree in Fine Arts but had the LTW to be a surgeon, and I've never played the Medicine career yet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)