Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University won't load the second time around...

Everything in my game was running fine. I sent my twin daughters to University. They went, spent two terms there. While there my sim met a guy, who is now her husband. My twins graduated and came home successfully with no problems. My sim then married her college boyfriend Danny, when marrying him I guess they don't get to graduate, they just move in. Because when he moved in it wasn't in his career panel that he even went to university. I decided I wanted to send Danny back for 2 terms. In their new house they did not have the welcome package from the mascot. The mascot never visited and it wasn't in the family inventory. For this reason Danny couldn't take the aptitude test. I'm not sure if that's even a factor in my problem or not. So anyway, onto my problem:

I called the university, enrolled Danny. He hoped in the moving van and left the neighborhood. Onto the University loading screen. It loaded almost all the way. There was a tiny sliver of gray showing, most of it already green. And it just would not load anymore. What took less then 5 minutes when I sent the twins was now running past 45 minutes. After a long time I eventually gave up and exited the game. I gave up for a bit, went back to playing then tried again later, same thing. I've tried it a few times in the span of 2 (real) days and it just won't load that tiny bit.

I don't know if it will work with another family, another neighborhood or what as I don't want to let go of this family. I'm just hoping there's something that can be done without having to leave them or do a reinstall.
Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
MPOTGthumbnail.jpg

Comments

• Sims2MikaSims2Mika Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Everything in my game was running fine. I sent my twin daughters to University. They went, spent two terms there. While there my sim met a guy, who is now her husband. My twins graduated and came home successfully with no problems. My sim then married her college boyfriend Danny, when marrying him I guess they don't get to graduate, they just move in. Because when he moved in it wasn't in his career panel that he even went to university. I decided I wanted to send Danny back for 2 terms. In their new house they did not have the welcome package from the mascot. The mascot never visited and it wasn't in the family inventory. For this reason Danny couldn't take the aptitude test. I'm not sure if that's even a factor in my problem or not. So anyway, onto my problem:

I called the university, enrolled Danny. He hoped in the moving van and left the neighborhood. Onto the University loading screen. It loaded almost all the way. There was a tiny sliver of gray showing, most of it already green. And it just would not load anymore. What took less then 5 minutes when I sent the twins was now running past 45 minutes. After a long time I eventually gave up and exited the game. I gave up for a bit, went back to playing then tried again later, same thing. I've tried it a few times in the span of 2 (real) days and it just won't load that tiny bit.

I don't know if it will work with another family, another neighborhood or what as I don't want to let go of this family. I'm just hoping there's something that can be done without having to leave them or do a reinstall.

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't work with other families and neighborhoods either...
  • xfire82xfire82 Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2013
    This happened to me as well. My sim re-enrolled for a second term, but this time brought her boyfriend along. It sat with a sliver left of the university loading screen forever so I exited the game. I did it again and the same thing happened, but I did alt+tab and browsed the web for a while and when I re-opened the TS3 window, it finally loaded. I'm not sure if minimizing it for a while helped or if it was just a coincidence, but it might be worth a try before you re-install everything.

Hope this helps :) .
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sims2Mika wrote:
    I'm having the same problem. It doesn't work with other families and neighborhoods either...

Wow, okay. That's scary. :cry:
    xfire82 wrote:
    This happened to me as well. My sim re-enrolled for a second term, but this time brought her boyfriend along. It sat with a sliver left of the university loading screen forever so I exited the game. I did it again and the same thing happened, but I did alt+tab and browsed the web for a while and when I re-opened the TS3 window, it finally loaded. I'm not sure if minimizing it for a while helped or if it was just a coincidence, but it might be worth a try before you re-install everything.

Hope this helps :) .

I play in window mode, but I will definitely give this a try. I'm willing to try anything before reinstalling. Although it seems if this isn't going to work with other families/neighborhoods, my best bet may be to reinstall.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • honeybee1564honeybee1564 Posts: 415 New Member
    edited March 2013
    mines a similar problem. sent one sim to uni for 2 terms she came back with 30 credits so tried to resend her to gain the final 18 needed . uni loaded as far as asking where i wanted to stay so clicked on a building then clicked the tick to confirm it and it wouldnt go any further so after a while i quit game tried again with diff building and same thing happened so 3rd time i tried with her original accomadation thinking she could go back there but same thing happened
    edited March 2013
    Well I tried the minimize screen thing. I gave up after a half hour of waiting. I had another major bug happen shortly after so I just uninstalled everything. I'm re-installing now.

ETA: Reinstalling just UL did not help. So I am reinstalling everything, hopefully that works.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • xfire82xfire82 Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hope it works after the reinstall. Also, I don't know if you have any mods, but some people are saying that there are a few that cause serious bugs with UL. I have Nraas' Overwatch and Errortrap, but neither of those seem to cause problems. I think it's the Storyprogression and/or the Traveller mods that conflict with UL.
    edited March 2013
    i dont have any mods so dont know what is effecting mine
    edited March 2013
    i have deleted the town i was playing and started a new one and it wont even let you choose household/move sims in etc as its doing the same thing
    edited March 2013
    xfire82 wrote:
    Hope it works after the reinstall. Also, I don't know if you have any mods, but some people are saying that there are a few that cause serious bugs with UL. I have Nraas' Overwatch and Errortrap, but neither of those seem to cause problems. I think it's the Storyprogression and/or the Traveller mods that conflict with UL.

I don't have any mods, but so far things are fine. All my little glitches are gone. I'm running a test family this time before I get attached to another one. My current sim is going for 2 terms, I'll probably be back to report whether or not I was able to go there a second time for term 3.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • questis_22questis_22 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited April 2013
    :(
    honeybee1564, mine has been doing the same thing. But I had a baby before I went back for my second term. I didn't have any problems with my husband. I wonder if it's just the female.?@!