Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bit of a Demographic Question

Hey all,

This might seem like a weird request, but I've got a bit of a hypothesis about EA's expansion packs that I would like to test out and need all of your help.

All I need is how long you've been playing The Sims 2 (if at all) and The Sims 3 and whether you'd class yourself as a young adult, adult or a teenager (just like the ages Sims 3 uses). That's all.

If you want to know what my hypothesis is I'd be happy to tell you after I've got 20 or so responses (I just don't want people perhaps changing their response because they know what it is).

Thanks! :)

Edited: Thanks for the warning folks!
'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
- Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'

Comments

• phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited March 2013

Been playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 since their respective release dates. Been playing The Sims 1 since about the release of Hot Date.

• phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Accidentally double posted.
  • sreylassreylas Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I am hmm..50 and I have been playing since Sims 1 came out. I don't remember when Sims 2 was released. But I have been playing all three Sims. Hopefully that helps!
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited March 2013
    You probably won't get many age responses because it against forum rules to disclose it. Or so the last time I checked.

I have been playing the sims since the sims 1. Got the sims 2 the day it launched.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think asking ages could get kinda risky and could get you into trouble with the TOS, you might want to reword it as people have been banned over this. Maybe in general categories might work. And with that...

Me, I'll say that I'm an adult (over 30 under 50, beyond that, I'm not telling :P)
    I've only played Sims 3 and started in 2012

I came to the series from the SimCity building/strategy side. So my approach likes and wants seem to be different that many of the people here.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited March 2013
    EniracY wrote:
    Hey all,

All I need is your age and how long you've been playing The Sims 2 (if at all) and The Sims 3. That's all.

Im sure your request is entirely innocent, but asking peoples ages is against forum rules to protect younger members. You really need to edit your post
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm a young adult. I played The Sims 2 from its release to the day The Sims 3 came out. Thus, I've been playing The Sims 3 since its release as well.
  • sadielover123sadielover123 Posts: 498 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Well I'm a teenager (between 13 and 15 years of age :wink: )
    I started playing the sims 3 in may 2011 (on my cousins laptop) but I purchased myself a copy a few months later (July 2011) :D
  • MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm 60+ :mrgreen:

Started playing with release of Sims Castaway (Stories)

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks so much for your responses, and for that warning. I've edited my original post now and just need one of the three categories: teenager, young adult or adult.

As those categories are also used in the game, they surely can't be against the rules. Right?

If they are please don't ban me :cry:
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2013
    Young Adult. Been playing Sims 2 & 3 since their release dates, and Sims 1 since about a month after release.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Played all three, started 2001. Young adult.
  • EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2013
    9 responses. Please keep them coming guys :D
    Thanks so much.
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• sammymcgoffsammymcgoff Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Im Teen/Young Adult (I'm between 18 and 21). I've been playing Sims 3 since last year.
  • IsenstriderIsenstrider Posts: 981 Member
    edited March 2013
    Young adult. I played sims 2 for about a week before my disks were stolen. Ive been playing sims three since june/july 2009, I think.
  • RockChickRockChick Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited March 2013
    Adult, played all since their release dates. So Sims 1 , 2 and 3 as soon as they appeared to buy I pounced on them :)
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd classify myself as an adult (mid-30s) and I've played all three Sims games since they came out!