Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lottery for Good Health and Your Prayers [550SP]

Hi everyone, since the beginning of 2013, I've been getting terrible news all around me. Recently my dad's sister and half-brother passed away. My only Uncle from my mom's side is on life support and dialysis after going through a heart surgery, a brain stroke, liver failure, water in his lungs, and a bad ear infection. It's a miracle he's made it this far and I'm not giving up on him but I desperately need your prayers. My Uncle's been nothing but a good person with a smile that lights up every room he steps in. We've come to the conclusion that he was born fragile (which didn't help his ignorance to serious symptoms), he's never smoked or anything. My Uncle's mother is living strong at age 65 after having 10 children (bless her). Also yesterday at school we received news that one of the most nicest, high-spirited teacher's only son passed away at age 22. It's sad to see children pass away before their parents regardless of age. So I would appreciate nothing more than to receive a moment of thought and prayer for my Uncle, the well being of his wife and three children (that hopefully God forbids he leave behind), for the well being of my family and I, and for the well being of you and your family as well.

Prizes: 550SP (I was saving more to host a lottery for something jollier but I felt this needed to be done)
1st: 75
2nd: 200
3rd: 50
4th: 75
5th: 100
6th: 50

Comments

• Options
    SharonjSharonj Posts: 5,246 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm so sorry you're having a bad year. :(
    zkiiwx.jpg
  • Options
    Katybug273Katybug273 Posts: 446 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't want to be in the lottery - I just want to let you know I'll remember you in my prayers. I don't need anything to do that for you :)
  • Options
    yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited March 2013
    There is no need for you to put me in the lottery. I never really know how to respond to things like this because there is nothing I feel like I can say to make it better. I am truly sorry that all of this is happening. It must be really hard to take this in all at once. Your uncle and all of your family will be in my thoughts.
  • Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited March 2013
    *giant hugs* Summer! You don't need to hold a lottery to have the good thoughts and well wishes of the community here. We are here to help and be kind to people whenever we can.
  • Options
    Tanner91Tanner91 Posts: 1,876 New Member
    edited March 2013
    So sorry to hear you and you family are having such a difficult time, you and your family will be in my thoughts, and I will pray for your uncles health.

Sorry I don't really know what else to say, but the best of wishes to you in these hard times.

(I don't want to be added to the lotto, just wanted to post a message as you are in my prayers) *Hugs
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited March 2013
    No need to enter me in the lottery! I'm just here to offer you my sympathy and my prayers for good health! Bless your heart! I can't imagine what you must be going through.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi sweetie-

Save those points for yourself, when things seem a bit brighter. Lets use this thread to gather around you and surround you with love and support. I will continue to send you hugs and support and well wishes to you and yours.
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited March 2013
    angel-s-hugs-angels-8850197-461-370-gif.14648
    I'm so sorry about your uncle,he and the rest of your family will be in our prayers that, things start looking up for him and your whole family.It seems like sickness are happenng all around lately,we were pretty worried ourself back a few weeks about my brother who had a very bad kiney infection and our prayers were answered and he's doing alot better now,may the same be said for your uncle as well.
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ooohhhh Jenny, I am soo terribly sorry to hear about the awful start of your 2013 sweetie. Sending angels & lots of hugs & prayers for your uncle along with the rest of your family and you. You all will definitely be in my prayers. Hopefully, things will get lots better. {squishy hugs} Kitty
    bth_1042945df2pu16zbv.gif
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited March 2013
    That is terrible news! On behalf of the Sims 3 community, we all wish you the best and never be afraid of coming onto the forums so people can offer their good wishes and prayers.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't want to be in your lottery. I just wanted to let you know that i will be praying for you and your family. I send special thoughts to you.
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited March 2013
    Girl, I'm so sorry to hear all of this. *hugs*

Like others have already said, you have my well wishes and thoughts without any need for a lottery! I only wish you comfort in your time of need.

<3
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through Summer! *hugs*

My family and I have been having a rough couple of years because we have all split apart from our moving to a new state, relatives getting cancer, my newborn niece being diagnosed with Down's Syndrome, my sister having a tough time with life in general, and well, it's been really bad time for us you could say. So I suppose I could say I relate with you in your problems. I know how nice it is having people identify with your problems, and I definitely know how you feel. Please know that you and your entire family are in my prayers :)

I would like to say that my one uncle who had cancer, he had Stage 3. That's the stage right before death. He went to the doctor one day and they diagnosed him cured of cancer. They were completely stunned and basically pronounced it a miracle. There's always hope and a light at the end of the tunnel Summer, so I'm hoping that the problems your family is going through will all end soon :)

Sorry for the long boring paragraphs. LOL. Just thought to say I understand what you're all going through.

ETA: I don't need to be added to the lottery. Just thought to say you're in my prayers :D
  • Options
    KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited March 2013
    No need to put me in the lotto, but I am sending good wishes your way <3.
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank you all so much for your support and kind words. I was shy to post this as I didn't want to ruin anyone's Saturday night with a sad post so I threw in the lottery. I truly don't mind if anyone wants to join. There is just nothing I can do but get as many prayers as I can for my Uncle. My Aunt is too young to lose a husband and my cousins are too young to lose a loving father. They just can't...
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    I'm so sorry about your uncle,he and the rest of your family will be in our prayers that, things start looking up for him and your whole family.It seems like sickness are happenng all around lately,we were pretty worried ourself back a few weeks about my brother who had a very bad kiney infection and our prayers were answered and he's doing alot better now,may the same be said for your uncle as well.
    I am thrilled your brother's fought it off!! I really hope I get to share the same wonderful news about my Uncle with you. Please keep your brother smothered in smiles!
    Yes, sickness is all around us, beyond usual this year for me. My best friend's grandfather recently had a stroke and got defined as blind. We've been friends for years and her grandfather just happens to get sick now. I don't believe in 13 being bad luck since you can't ever call a newborn unlucky for being born this year, or a newlywed cursed for getting married this year. I just guess my eyes are being widened to the dark times of life.
    Mea_93 wrote:
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through Summer! *hugs*

My family and I have been having a rough couple of years because we have all split apart from our moving to a new state, relatives getting cancer, my newborn niece being diagnosed with Down's Syndrome, my sister having a tough time with life in general, and well, it's been really bad time for us you could say. So I suppose I could say I relate with you in your problems. I know how nice it is having people identify with your problems, and I definitely know how you feel. Please know that you and your entire family are in my prayers :)

I would like to say that my one uncle who had cancer, he had Stage 3. That's the stage right before death. He went to the doctor one day and they diagnosed him cured of cancer. They were completely stunned and basically pronounced it a miracle. There's always hope and a light at the end of the tunnel Summer, so I'm hoping that the problems your family is going through will all end soon :)

Sorry for the long boring paragraphs. LOL. Just thought to say I understand what you're all going through.

ETA: I don't need to be added to the lottery. Just thought to say you're in my prayers :D

I'm so sorry about your family and the split, I completely understand how you feel. My Uncle and relatives are all the way across the ocean... so the phone holds the final words of what my Uncle's health will turn out...
    Thank you so much for giving me hope, I had completely started losing it... I'm beyond happy for your Uncle and pray that may MANY MANY years be ahead of him!
  • Options
    phpcb9phpcb9 Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I think it's weird you're using store points for prayers. No amount of store points can rival the compassion and well wishes that is going to be sent your way. Keep your spirits up and have faith. Faith in God, because it is so, but more importantly faith in yourself and in your uncle. "God only help those that help themselves", nothing is stronger than your very actions right now. You must do what you can, no matter how insignificant, because it will be worth a thousand prayers.

I give you my best wishes, and take a moment of silence for what has happened in your life. I'm sorry for your loss.
    No lottery is necessary.
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited March 2013
    phpcb9 wrote:
    I think it's weird you're using store points for prayers. No amount of store points can rival the compassion and well wishes that is going to be sent your way. Keep your spirits up and have faith. Faith in God, because it is so, but more importantly faith in yourself and in your uncle. "God only help those that help themselves", nothing is stronger than your very actions right now. You must do what you can, no matter how insignificant, because it will be worth a thousand prayers.

I give you my best wishes, and take a moment of silence for what has happened in your life. I'm sorry for your loss.
    No lottery is necessary.
    Read above. Also, the lottery is for in cheer of good health. I'm not used to losing a very close relative, this is my first time. I'm also not used to expressing myself so I'm sorry if I'm awkward about it and decide to have a lottery. Thank you for your well wishes though.
  • Options
    SimWrangler11SimWrangler11 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for a bad start of the year. Hoping & Praying for the best!!! You & your family will be in my prayers!!! I really hope your family is comforted & gets better!! God Bless!!! 13 isn't bad luck, why believe in luck when there's hope, faith & God? :D
    My birthday is the 13th (not this month) & it has fallen on a Friday a couple of times. Nonetheless you'll stay in my prayers!! The whole Sims community. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited March 2013
    It's very kind of you to offer things, but don't put me down for the lotto. I just wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear of your situation. Be strong, you are in my thoughts.
  • Options
    EmmatigerlilyEmmatigerlily Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2013
    You don't need to put me down for the lottery at all, but my thoughts and prayers are with you x I'm very sorry to hear all of this, I wish I could offer you more support or comfort :/
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    I will keep your family in my thoughts. Like others have said, I don't really know what to say to lessen your pain. But it sounds like you have a big, close family. And whatever happens I'm sure you will all get through it and support each other.

"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, it's not yet the end." ~Fernando Sabino

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."

"The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." ~William Shakespeare

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa

Sorry if posting quotes is trite or offensive... Like I said before, I'm really awkward when it comes to serious issues. I sincerely hope that things get better soon. *hug*

I don't mind being in the lotto or not. Whatever works best for you if you carry on hosting one.
  • Options
    azara67azara67 Posts: 864 Member
    edited March 2013
    We don't know the reasons why we must face the hardships that we have in our lives. All we can do is hold on to our faith and hope and pray that everything will be all right. May God keep you and your loved ones in his loving embrace and give you all the love, strength and courage needed. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

It's kind of you to hold a lotto but you didn't have too for this. You don't need to put me down for it. *Hugs*

PrayersAndHealings_zps105b06d1.gif
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited March 2013
    My prayers are with u dearest Summer,I lost my Uncle on January 9th
    to cancer.U dont have to add me in your lottery,I wanna lend my support to u.
    May God be with u & your family at this time,hugsss to u...
  • Options
    TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited March 2013
    Summerrrrr!!!!! My dear friend, I am sorry to hear what you are going through right now. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family during your time of need. I hope this poem cheers you up a little because I know God is there to help you through:

FOOTPRINTS

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
    and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
    one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
    he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
    there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
    you'd walk with me all the way.
    I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
    you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
    I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
    when you saw only one set of footprints...

That was when I carried you."

Just know you are not alone Summer, we are here for you if you need to talk, and I do have someone for the lottery. This person has been a great friend and a joy to know. Its summermistx3: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=summermistx3 (you need to take those points and spend them on yourself right now to help take you mind off things).

BIG HUGZ TO ONE OF MY GREAT FRIENDS!!!!!

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm so sorry you have such a heavy burden. I'm sending positive, healing thoughts to your uncle and many hugs to you. I'm not interested in the lotto. Just wanted you to know that you're surrounded by people who care about you, whether we know you or not.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.