Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faster Skills Learning?

I don't think it's my imagination, but since installing the super patch my sims appear to be learning their skills much faster, whether by reading a text book or practical application. I have only two expansion packs, Ambitions and Generations, and I didn't notice this speeding up when I installed them.

It doesn't really make up for the glitch which saw the loss of all my downloads from the Exchange and all my uploads and custom recolours. Something went badly wrong with the patch but we draw a line under it and move on.... :cry:

Comments

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed that last night. My sim was able to gain lvl 9 and 10 of the handiness skill by just repairing two items.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed that the other day when my fireman repaired the truck & alarms.
  • rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've noticed the same thing, but only some sims. My AS save the whole family is skilling up rather fast, but in SV it doesn't seem to be happening. Very strange.
  • KhasilooluvKhasilooluv Posts: 527 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've noticed the same, but I'm not complaining :D
    My little child sim is on level 4 logic and its been 2 sim days.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yep, noticed this too. My sim went from no cooking skill to level 5 within an hour of listening to a tabcast.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • dstgarner217dstgarner217 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited April 2013
    ok. thanks. I came in search for same answer. I noticed my sims skills are gaining a level in seconds, even the higher skills. I really noticed when one sim reached level six athletic after first work out, when starting at 0 skill level. she received opportunity for celebrity body, work out four hours. and just now she was fishing with child and I noticed they went from level 4-7 fishing skill in like 30 seconds or less. :shock:
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited April 2013
    I was wondering why it was going so quickly.

I've head of fast learners, but I doubt a Sim can reach level 7 of Photography with just one picture. :shock:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, it's a known bug in the last patch. Twallan's Overwatch mod will fix it or hopefully, they will fix it the next patch.