Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Entry for Arikarai's Uni Contest, My New Simmie ;)

entryform
Username: TnT_Terry
Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7050207
Sim name: Yukiko Hattori

OK this is so gonna be a long read, so grab yourself a drink of choice and maybe a snack or 2 ....... or 3 :P Yeah I am cursed with the perfection trait, so therefore I can't do anything basic or what I myself consider to be half-way :P I have to be thorough through and through. So now that you have snack and drink, kick those feet up and relax and read on ;)
Avant-garde, from French, "advance guard" or "vanguard" refers to people or works that are experimental or innovative, particularly with respect to art, culture, and politics. Avant-garde represents a pushing of the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm or the status quo, primarily in the cultural realm. The notion of the existence of the avant-garde is considered by some to be a hallmark of modernism, as distinct from postmodernism. Many artists have aligned themselves with the avant-garde movement and still continue to do so, tracing a history from Dada through the Situationists to postmodern artists such as the Language poets around 1981.[2]
The term also refers to the promotion of radical social reforms. It was this meaning that was evoked by the Saint Simonian Olinde Rodrigues in his essay, "L'artiste, le savant et l'industriel", (“The artist, the scientist and the industrialist”, 1825) which contains the first recorded use of "avant-garde" in its now-customary sense: there, Rodrigues calls on artists to "serve as [the people's] avant-garde", insisting that "the power of the arts is indeed the most immediate and fastest way" to social, political, and economic reform.[3] Over time, avant-garde became associated with movements concerned with "art for art's sake", focusing primarily on expanding the frontiers of aesthetic experience, rather than with wider social reform.
The Signs
Broadly speaking, the 12 signs of the Zodiac can be divided into both masculine and feminine, positive and negative, or, active and passive. The masculine signs are Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius, whereas the feminine signs are Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces. If you are unsure about your sign, click here to find out.

The Quaternaries
The Quaternaries are three in number - this means that the 12 signs of the Zodiac are divided into three categories of four signs each. They are called the Cardinal signs, the Fixed signs and the Mutable signs.
The Cardinal Signs
The Cardinal signs are Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn which are the signs of dynamic change, movement and great vitality.
[b]The Fixed Signs[/b]
The Fixed signs are Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius and relate to stability, earthiness and fixity. The determination of the Fixed signs expresses itself in the form of great willpower.
The Mutable Signs
The Mutable signs cover Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces which are the adaptable and interchangeable signs capable of molding and modifying circumstances and conditions in life.
You were fortunate enough to be born under the humanitarian zodiac sign of Aquarius. You are therefore ruled by electric and progressive Uranus making you forward thinking and self-directed. You’re a born revolutionary so no one can tell you how to live your life. Your clear-cut approach makes it perfectly clear just how differently you wish to experience life.
You just don’t want to be like others and take pride in the fact that you’re so unique. Even if you’re occasionally criticized for your cheeky attitude, you’d far prefer to be self-sufficient rather than being a sheep in society who follows everyone else’s lead. Those born under the sign of Aquarius are true visionaries and leaders.
You are a zesty individual, having tremendous amounts of energy. You are determined and forceful in how you deal with people. You want to express your ground-breaking spirit in everything you do but unfortunately you won’t always able to break free of the limits that are imposed upon you. Some Aquarians learn through their family life that before you can be the master of your own destiny, you have to serve. In some extreme cases Aquarians are controlled and dominated by others throughout the formative period of their lives which is why it’s so difficult for them to submit to others.
If you’re not able to live your life on your own terms, you’ll dream and aspire to a future time when you can fulfill your destiny to the fullest in exactly the way you want. You have very inspirational views of the world and even if your opinions are too different, you’ll always be respected for speaking your mind honestly.
You like to create a comfortable environment in which to live. Venus influences your domestic sphere so you have a flair for design and color. Your surroundings mirror your unique character. Others are amazed at the way you decorate your home. There’ll be nothing ordinary about it, that’s for sure.
Your creative and inventive thinking is generally very ecclectic or beyond the imagination of the general population. Unconventional
Aquarians relish in their unconventional ways. Their unusual thoughts lead them to think "outside of the box" and therefore, they are often seen as great thinkers. They are always looking for a new way to do something. This helps them avoid one of their greatest enemies - boredom. Their creations/ideas are ones that at first glance/heard, have people thinking "what on earth?", but then they almost immediately warm up to the object/idea at hand. Aquarians never fear what could be possible, and impossibilities are something true Aquarian's almost never accept as so.
The Element associated with Aquarius is Air. Air Signs are intellectual: they tend to respond to the world through intellect, rather than physical action, practicality, or emotion. In Aquarians, intellect manifests itself in their fixed opinions and eagerness to share and discuss them. While people born under Aquarius are tolerant and broad-minded, they tend to stick to their beliefs. Their intellect makes them logical and self-confident, but it may also make them aloof from the people around them. They are original, offbeat, and even eccentric, but they are also rather bored by detail. Reformist and experimental, they may also seem cold toward people who don't share their intellectual orientation to life.
Aquarians tend to have talent in a number of areas, both scientific and creative. They are unique and rebellious people, driven to change the world. They can sometimes be show-offs, but it's usually to draw attention to their causes rather than to themselves. Their freedom is important to them, and they are often driven to help others become free as well.
Your far-reaching attitudes overwhelm your friends sometimes and they sometimes refer to you as harmlessly “mad”. Salvador Dali the famous painter once remarked about himself - "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad!" Even if he wasn't an Aquarius - this sums you up perfectly. Aquarians can be stubborn in their opinions. They can become impatient with those who don't see their point of view and disagree with them. They are fiercely independent and this can make them seem cold, detached, and impersonal at times. They embrace their eccentric ideas so much that they can be viewed as rebellious and unpredictable.
You embrace anything technological as Aquarius governs modern appliances. You are inventive and research orientated and certainly aren't a technophobic. If you’re an Aquarian male, some may even call you the “gadget man”. You like to be up to date with the latest and greatest handheld devices, computers and other audio or visual entertainment equipment.
Aquarius rules the ankles. People born under Aquarius may be more susceptible to sprains than people of other Signs. Aquarius's colors are the colors of the Water they carry: turquoise, aqua, and silver. Shades of Aquarius......Aquarius rules the colours silver, aqua and purple, as well as the new neon shades of pink and blue. Aquarian people also respond well to the energy-boosting ray of red.
The birthstone for Aquarius is the amethyst.
Foods which stimulate blood circulation, like chilli and cayenne peppers, as well as brain and nerve foods, like wheat grass, oats and barley, are indicated for Aquarius.
Regular breathing exercises, like yoga and ch'i kung are vital to keep the blood pure and prevent gloom and oversensitivity due to unregulated breath.
Main postive traits: Progressive, driven, independent, inventive, friendly, humaitarian, originality.
Aquarians work best in group projects, but must be recognized as having a leading role. They make excellent researchers and admirable scientists, especially astronomers and natural historians. They may lead the field in photography, computer technology, Radiography or electronics .Aviation is also a natural vocation for Aquarians
Main negative traits: Unemotional, aloof, tempermental, unpreditable, eccentric, fixed opinions.

I think I covered these traits well as her traits are as follows; Eccentric, friendly, perfectionist, artistic & insane (this is an interesting comination to say the least, but makes for very interesting game play :P )
YUKIKO: Japanese name meaning "rare child."

Now for her back story;

Yukiko is the bright yet very eclectic daughter of Kichirou (meaning "lucky son.") & Harumi (meaning "spring beauty.") Hattori, who emgirated from Japan to Aurora Skies hoping for a better life for their only child, when Yukiko was just 7 years old. Kichirou was a well known and sought after psychotherapist and Harumi was a surgical nurse until Yukiko came along, who are now both retired as they were blessed with Yukiko late in their lives. Yukiko is the spitting image of her very beautiful Mother on the outside, but she is her Father's clone in all else. Kichirou was always very eccentric, eclectic and a bit insane (but then again, one must be a bit insane to work close with the totally insane), but he was always very friendly to all and loves his family more than anything in the world. Harumi always knew her husband was a bit on the strange side, but he was always so good to her and Yukiko, so the good in him always won with her.

Harumi was a surgical nurse in a very busy trauma center and she was on late shift one night when a very troubled young man was brought in in an ambulance after a ten car pile-up on the interstate highway. It seemed he was speaking gibberish and no one could understand a word he said except the name of a doctor he was seeing. They finally got his name out of him after some calm intervention which was Kenji, and then called his doctor only to find him to be a pshcyotherapist instead of a medical doctor. Well Dr. Hattori told them that he would gladly contact Kenji's MD and they both would be there ASAP. Kenji apparently needed surgery to stop apparent internal bleeding as well as needing to repair other damages suffered in the accident.

Both doctors arrived shortly after and they had contacted Kenji's only living relative being his younger Sister Chiya, and she arrived 5 minutes after they did. Surgery was under way and took several hours but they were able to repair most everything but they had to amputate his left arm from the elbow down, as the damage was far too bad to repair. Kenji and Chiya had lost their parents in a plane crash 2 years before, and Chiya was just 15 at the time. Kenji was in his last year at University when this happened, so he automatically became his sister's guardian and they both began seeing Dr. Hattori to enable them to get on with their lives (Kenji is bi-polar as well). So now that Kenji has lost a limb, he needed Dr. Hattori's help more than ever. So each day Dr. Hattori would come to the center to vistit with Kenji and help him with his struggles, and during this time Harumi was assigned the post-op care of Kenji. Harumi and Kichirou got to know each other over the next few weeks and decided to start dating, and of course the outcome was marriage.

Once Yukiko came along, Harumi decided it was time to retire as she wanted to be with her daughter every moment from the time she left the hospital to bring her home. It was a very tough 7 years in Japan with only one income and extremely high costs, but Harumi was determined to get through it all and enjoy her time with Yukiko. When Kichirou came home one evening after work, he found a letter requesting his services in the far off country of Aurora Skies. He sat down and discussed their options with Harumi and then asked little Yukiko what she thought about moving far away. He explained all the information given to him in the letter and how he would make much more money which would be more in tune with their economy. Harumi spoke up and said; "my family is long gone, so anywhere you and Yukiko are, would be home to me" and Yukiko chimed in just then with " you and Mom are my home sweet home". So Kichirou made all the arrangements, accepted the position, got them all passports and sold their very small and over-crowded apartment. They only took with them small momentos, clothes and all important documents and sold or gave away all else.

So off to Aurora Skies they went to begin a whole new and exciting life in a new country, leaving all they ever knew behind them. Soon as they saw they saw the beauty of their surroundings and found the perfect little house, they knew they made the right choice. They now live in Aurora Skies which sits on the tip of a gorgeous fjørd and the view from their home is most beautiful. Kichirou loved his new position and learned the language quite quickly, and Yukiko picked it up fluently in no time at all. Harumi however struggled for a long time before feeling comfortable enough to speak to others around her. They lived a very happy and fulfilling life while raising Yukiko, and they never went without anything they needed or wanted for that matter. Now Yukiko has just graduated from high school and is ready to move on to a college education, although her parents aren't too happy with her choice of wanting to be an inventer/artist/sculpter/photorapher (yes she was skilled in my game for all), but they always taught her to listen to her heart when making life choices.

Yukiko took the summer vacation of her dreams going to China and Egypt and thinks she has met the man of her dreams in Egypt and is now ready for Uni to begin. Kichirou forbids any marriage until after she gets through university, and Yukiko respecting her Father's wishes agrees and promises to do just that. So she invite Yoseff to come to Norway for a visit to meet her parents and to discuss their options. Yoseff came and agreed with her parents that they should wait, as Yoseff still has a year left himself and wants to gain some experience in his chosen field to better be prepared to provide properly for Yukiko and a future family. Yukiko then explains to Yoseff that it is their tradition in her homeland that she will care for her parents in later years, and he said he agreed to this as well. So now we can only hope the future brings their dreams to life.

I hope you enjoyed this journey and I am getting the pics up as fast as I can, just wanted to get this posted quickly ;)

Everyday clothing;
Screenshot-91.jpg

Formalwear
Screenshot-79.jpg

Athleticwear
Screenshot-71-1.jpg

Sleepwear
Screenshot-12.jpg
Screenshot-9.jpg

Swimwear
Screenshot-69-1.jpg

Outerwear
Screenshot-67-1.jpg

huggies and goodluck to all ;)
I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png

Comments

• TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited March 2013
    Some ingame pics I had saved thankfully :P

We know what extra-corricular activity they were doing :P
    g.jpg
    f.jpg
    Screenshot-5.jpg

A sculpture she created;
    coolchair.jpg

A Balloon ride;
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
    edited March 2013
    A trip to Egypt, meeting her new love and enjoying the stars;
    Screenshot-117.jpg
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot-3.jpg

hope you enjoy ;)

I feel very deflated right now as I had so much more planned for this, only java and 3 other updates and a power surge had cruel plans for my game :( So long story short, my AS savings disappeared from my game like a ship in the night, and no way to get it back as I've tried everything sadly. but oh well I really enjoyed playing her and I hope you all do too ;) hugs

Re-edit; here are the links to my 4 patterns used on my simmie's outfits;
    now I am not sure whether I used large or small version of these firt 3, so posting both of each one ;)
    TnT_Danger's LF 01
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6905898
    TnT_Danger's LF 02
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6905896
    large.jpg
    TnT_Crin's Heartwings
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6435654
    TnT_Crin's Heartwings 2
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6435652
    large.jpg
    TnT_Blue's White Lace
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6433621
    TnT_Blue's White Lace2
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6433618
    large.jpg
    TnT_Crin's Snow Stars
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6435466
    large.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on

gjmdPt7.png
  • BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow Terry I can tell you spent so many hours(days!) making Yukiko. She is absolutely gorgeous. She exemplifies her name "rare child" and looks very authentic Japanese. Wish my simmies looked half this good! xo

PS LOVE the outfits!
    edited March 2013
    :D awwwe thank you so much my dearest "bestie", I only wish I hadn't lost all the gametime of paintings and pics taken by my almost maxed out on skills simmie ;) I had tons of actual Advant-Garde paintings made in CAP then photographed and painted by her. But it was fun in the process ;) super squishy hugs ;)

gjmdPt7.png
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited March 2013
    In all honesty I did not read through it all, skimmed most of it :oops:

But I can say that she is definitely a sim you put a lot of work into, and she came out wonderfully! Unfortunately my sims tend to fall flat, she is a marvellous sim! Great job Terry :mrgreen:
    edited March 2013
    8) Thank you very much Corey, I did work really hard to bring it altogether, but sadly lots my game, so therefore lost all the paintings, pics she took and all she collected :( Just for the record, without reading you won't get the full effect :P

huggies

gjmdPt7.png