Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DolphineQ Creations Showcase - *"The White Dove" uploaded - page 18* .

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Country Dreams is a very nice farm home. :) Great exterior of the house and barn, great design and layout of the outdoors areas, and very nice furnishing of the interior! The red and white colours you have used for the exterior look great. Sims will enjoy doing the many farm activities on your lot. They will like milking the cows, collecting eggs, getting honey from the hives and harvesting the plants. It looks great how you have set up the tractor dirt road path. Sims will enjoy using the tractor to water/fertilize and harvest the crops as well as going for hay rides. Great recoloring of the cow shed , chicken coop and other outdoors items. The way you have placed and planted the harvestable trees and other plants is great! The red fencing looks good. Great to have the fenced off separate fruit/vegie plants sections in a different area to the fruit trees. The wheel themed chairs you have placed there look great, and sims will like sitting and relaxing there, looking at all their plants and what is happening in their farm. Great to have the clothesline there for clothes to dry in the sunshine and wind. Great upper balcony for sims to enjoy siting out on the chairs and looking at the views of the farm. Nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have the study desk and flowers under the staircase in the living room. Great mooing work throughout your build! It looks great how you have done the tables/ledges near the window with the various items on it. The toys in front of it looks cute. Lovely kitchen area ! Nice shades of colours you have used and very nice furnishing of it! It looks great how you have done the counter area near the eating nook's table/chairs! The bookcase and grandfather clock and how you have done this section all looks very nice! Great type of seats/table you have used which suits the type of build. The stove alcove section looks great. Great way you have done the wall shelves. The kitchen does look great with great details ! Nice furnishing of the master bedroom. It looks great that you used the columns around the bed. The way you have placed the plants in the room looks nice. Great way you have done the mirror table section. Lots of great mooing work! Great wall patterns that you have used in the kids bedroom and the nursery. The green colour shades you have used look great. It looks good how you have the study desk under the bunk bed. Great cot nook area in the nursery. Great way you have done the alcove sections in the laundry, with the washing machine/dyer and shelf with the laundry items and the alcove with the clothes rack.
    Many great details throughout the build! Lots of great mooing work! :)
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2013
    This is awesome I love it. you are a great inspiration
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited November 2013
    well Dolphine, sweety....I think we can safety say...

You have passed your MOO U course with flying colors!

Everthing looked wonderful and I studied each picture twice so I wouldn't miss anything! I can see the layers of MOOing you've done to create your cluttered effect..I can see my examples, but done in your own way, which is totally what I hope for anyone that takes that class. To think in new ways and in new combinations to really get more out of your game. And that's totally what you did! So Bravo! Whoooo Hooo and Yay! Thank you so much for sending me a note to come here! I really appreciate that!

I also loved your reds and white color combinations..so fresh!

The whole layout of the exterior of the farm is so pretty too.

Just wonderful, wonderful work!

Rec'd and faved!
    T
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you so much, rose *hugs* :).
    I had tons of fun with MOO on this one, got braver and braver and went for things I'd never have dared before. And it feels like I came out on top of this one, so I'm glad that you really see all the details in the build.
    Now I just have to create a family to get all those crops harvested :D
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2013
    Awwwwww! :D What a cute farm house! I am in love! :D Looks so charming. Both outside and inside. Love the veggie patch area, the chicken coops and the orchard! I see that you have used the tractor from the store to water the plants. Looks perfect! :D Inside, I love your MOO work. Especially the dining room table looks awesome. Love the double bedroom too. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited November 2013
    Such an attractive farm DolphineQ!! The colors are beautifully done and I like all the red and white on your exteriors. I especially like the pastel blue colors in your cozy dining room....and I never thought to put that table with the table cloth on it in the middle of other tables, very cool! I wish we had placemats or doilies for our game. Great job, and rec'd. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Mommyland wrote:
    This is awesome I love it. you are a great inspiration
    Thank you so much, sweetie! *HUGS* :oops:

I will bet than in a few months, you'll be building things like this too and MOOing away like nuts. You'll love it and we'll love what you make ;).
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well Dolphine, sweety....I think we can safety say...

You have passed your MOO U course with flying colors!

Everthing looked wonderful and I studied each picture twice so I wouldn't miss anything! I can see the layers of MOOing you've done to create your cluttered effect..I can see my examples, but done in your own way, which is totally what I hope for anyone that takes that class. To think in new ways and in new combinations to really get more out of your game. And that's totally what you did! So Bravo! Whoooo Hooo and Yay! Thank you so much for sending me a note to come here! I really appreciate that!

I also loved your reds and white color combinations..so fresh!

The whole layout of the exterior of the farm is so pretty too.

Just wonderful, wonderful work!

Rec'd and faved!
    T
    YAY! :D

I guess this means that I have to sign up, officially, and make a link in the Blackcat Builder's Thread (now I need to find that thread, oooh...).
    You lessons have really done amazing things for my creativity and I actually found myself looking at my RL china hutch today, thinking "How can I MOO this to fit in with the bookshelf" - I wasn't quite awake at 6AM, as you can possibly tell :D.

I'm glad you liked the farm, it was amazing fun to build it. I took a few stabs at the layout, have several versions saved, but this is the one I liked the most. And the colors, mmmm, I just went for the traditional danish style I guess. Red and white, baby, red and white ;).
    *HUGS*

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Awwwwww! :D What a cute farm house! I am in love! :D Looks so charming. Both outside and inside. Love the veggie patch area, the chicken coops and the orchard! I see that you have used the tractor from the store to water the plants. Looks perfect! :D Inside, I love your MOO work. Especially the dining room table looks awesome. Love the double bedroom too. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thank you, yanti! :D
    MOO makes me happy now. So happy. I used to be so scared of it *chuckles at herself*.
    And honestly, between us, I want a dining table like that RL. Because it looks so sweet!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sandraelle wrote:
    Such an attractive farm DolphineQ!! The colors are beautifully done and I like all the red and white on your exteriors. I especially like the pastel blue colors in your cozy dining room....and I never thought to put that table with the table cloth on it in the middle of other tables, very cool! I wish we had placemats or doilies for our game. Great job, and rec'd. :mrgreen:
    Thank you much, Sandra :D.
    The dining kitchen is my favorite part of the build. It took several hours, but I enjoyed every second of it, of tweaking and turning items to see how they'd fit together. I stumbled over that tablecloth clad table by accident and lucky for me, it already had a color that fit perfectly with the rest. The height was spot on, so I planted it right where it needed to be *HUGS* :).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ooooh, looks like you've been busy building! 8) Your wedding chapel looks fantastic Dolphie! Love the architecture of the church, the beautiful surroundings and the romantic interiors, awesome job!

Country Dreams is a fantastic farm! I especially LOVE all the MOO work you put in the interiors, it really payed off! :thumbup: Left you recs for both!
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited November 2013

DolphineQ:
    Your Country Dreams farmhouse & Chapel de Fleur are beautifully
    absolutely fabulous,I love all your builds they're gorgeous.Rec'd
    both builds DolphineQ,bravo sweetie & God Bless You.
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited November 2013
    Dolphine, what an amazing job! Yes, you are officially a Blackcat Builder! You learned your MOO well! I have not purchased the set with the tractor... yet! As soon as I do, you can bet I will be adding your Farm to my collection! Beautiful! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    Ooooh, looks like you've been busy building! 8) Your wedding chapel looks fantastic Dolphie! Love the architecture of the church, the beautiful surroundings and the romantic interiors, awesome job!

Country Dreams is a fantastic farm! I especially LOVE all the MOO work you put in the interiors, it really payed off! :thumbup: Left you recs for both!
    Wow, I really need to keep an eye on my showcase :D.
    Thank you, my devilishly delicious dutchie *HUUUGS*.

I've been having so much fun with MOO, Taryn's class have really payed off. I'm gonna be going through all the other tutorials once I'm back home again, so expect to see a lot of laughs and silly stuff from me in the beginning of the new year ;).

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xenacullen wrote:

DolphineQ:
    Your Country Dreams farmhouse & Chapel de Fleur are beautifully
    absolutely fabulous,I love all your builds they're gorgeous.Rec'd
    both builds DolphineQ,bravo sweetie & God Bless You.

*HUGS* Thank you so much, dearest xena!

I've been having a lot of fun with Country Dreams in my own game. Someday, when I find a World (or uh oh, learn to MAKE one myself maybe?) that all my builds will fit in, they'll both be put inthere. Along with a series of my friends's avatar Sims, so we all can live together in a funnylooking World :D.
    Until then, I'll keep building!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Dolphine, what an amazing job! Yes, you are officially a Blackcat Builder! You learned your MOO well! I have not purchased the set with the tractor... yet! As soon as I do, you can bet I will be adding your Farm to my collection! Beautiful! :D

Oooh, thaaaank you, P-pup! <3
    YAYAYAYAAAY! Imma put "Blackcat Builder" on my business card now :mrgreen:.
    I'm having a ton of fun with MOO. It's certainly changed how I look at items in my game, even Base Game items seems more interesting when I think of how they can be MOO'd and the colors/patterns changed to fit in with other things. Following the two classes I have followed so far (Taryn's MOO class and ruthless_kk's Victorian class) have really been eye-opening and it's given me ideas enough to last a few years - I'm not gonna have time for Sims 4 next year! ;).
    I hope you'll enjoy the farm when you get the set. My Sims are loving it!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Name: Adam Parker.

"Alright ladies and gents, here he is, the guy who might just be who you've waited for all your life! Adam is a great guy.
    He's friendly, family-oriented, handy, has a green thumb and is a huge fan of bots!
    Adam is looking for a woman or man who'll join him in creating a big family and a better future for all Sims - or at least a few Plumbots.
    Will YOU be the woman that Adam is looking for? Or does he look like the man for you?
    Pipe up, poke him and say hi. The very LEAST you'll gain is a friendly friend!"

I have not skilled Adam up, since I figured that some lucky Sim would be more than happy to support him as he grows!

Download:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7852619

3tm3.jpg

3k8t.jpg

I have uploaded and gifted SweetP her presents already, cause I'm likely not around on gifting day. Adam is one of them, another is to follow. Can't wait to see what she says! :mrgreen:

PS. Adam is Custard checked and approved, CC FREE!
    Post edited by Unknown User on

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Name: The Venue - CC FREE!

"The Venue is a bit of an all-in-one hangout.
    The bottom floor has a restaurant with two top-chef ready kitchens, a large dining room with tables and chairs enough for a party of many, a coffee-shop & snacks counter and a good juicebar.
    On the second floor you find the bathrooms and and the top floor, the dancefloor and a lovely seating area.
    The decor is elegant, yet minimal, so anyone who comes to party and hang out here can do so without fear of breaking stuff. Appliances are all upgraded."

I've already hosted a few parties at The Venue in my own game and lemme tell you, my Sims had a blaaast!

Download:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7852527

Slideshow: http://tinyurl.com/qj9aqm4

np7j.jpg

5pch.jpg

8lx2.jpg

The Venue is the second half of my Secret Santa Gift for SweetPoyzin.
    As always, my uploads are Custard checked and approved, CC FREE!

PS. As you can see, even ghosts are having a good time dining at The Venue! :shock: :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    For my Santa Buddy, [NAME IS STILL SECRET!]

Hi and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

When I first read your letter, I have to admit I panicked a bit. I wasn't sure what to make you or how. I peeked at several inspirational pictures for a couple of days and decided to go for a certain type of build. Well, after having worked on it for two days, a METEOR fell and blew up what I had spent 6 hours that day doing. And I panicked, cause I hadn't saved at all during those 6 hours.
    So almost in tears, I scrapped my project and decided to start over.

Having looked at ruthless_kk's "How to build a Victorian" tutorial/Lesson for Zoo U, I decided to try that out. And the more I got into building it, the more right it just felt to me. I know you wanted something [BEEPED OUT SO NO ONE CAN GUESS WHO IT'S FOR!] and I hope that what I have made for you leans in that direction.
    I also hope that you enjoy the fishable pond with the landscaping around it, it is my personal favorite part of the build and my game crashed twice while doing it, so I had to start over (only on the landscaping though, I HAD saved the house this time :D).
    A lot of MOO and a lot of love went into making The Dainty and she's all yours. Take good care of her, she'll serve a small, semi-rich family well! *HUGS*

Name: The Dainty.

Address: 9 Azure Lake, Hidden Springs.

Price: Under 145.000 Simleons.

Description:
    Fully furnished family home. 2 bedrooms, 1 nursery, 1 bath, dining room, kitchen, living room, fishable pond, lovely pool, treehouse. Your family will enjoy the comfortable, luxurious living and homey surroundings in this Victorian beauty.
    Appliances are fully upgraded. Custard tested, CC FREE!

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7851697

Slideshow: http://tinyurl.com/q9eaky4

Covershot.
    o5a9.jpg

Fishable pond at night.
    4q5y.jpg

Living room.
    p2m9.jpg

Dining room with mini "office".
    g0od.jpg

Vanity in Master Bedroom.
    ruge.jpg

And it works!
    522v.jpg

Nursery.
    1j3u.jpg

"Castle Kid's room".
    y88z.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This house is based on the one in ruthless_kk's "How to build a Victorian" class found here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/724720.page#11542928

ALL credit for this build goes to her and to TarynTempestwind for their amazing classes and tutorials. I can't thank them enough for making me a more versatile builder! <3
    Post edited by DolphineQ on

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello

Already rec'd all these. :) Well deserved rec's! They are all awesome...your venue with everything...what a nice place to go. Your victorian is lovely and some awesome moos in there. I just say wow :)

chari
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The Dainty is a lovely home! :) Very nice exterior of it! It looks very nice how you have done the towers, the domes on the roofs, and the windows looks very nice. The front porch looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting out on the rocking chair resting in the sunlight. Nice exterior colour of your home. Very nice outdoors areas! The pond area looks very pretty! It looks very nice how you have done the flowers and plants there. The water fountains features are nice. . Great to have the seat nearby for sims to sit, relax and enjoy the nice sight. Great outdoor living and pool area. Great shape of the pool and sims will have fun using the water slide to enter the pool. The arched fountain looks nice. Sims will like relaxing on the loungers poolside. Very nice furnishing of the interior! Very nice shades of colour and patterns that you have used! Very nice living room. It looks nice the type of comfortable arm chairs and sofa that you have used and that you have placed so that sims can sit and have a chat with each other and the nearby fireplace will keep them warm. The bottle and glasses on the table look good. The floral rug looks pretty there. Nice recolouring of the curtains. The pictures on the wall look homely and nice. It looks great how you have the bookcases either side of the windows. Great fireplace section. Nice way you have done the wall shelf of items above the fireplace and how you have placed the items on the fireplace ledge. The mirror looks great there. The flowers either side of the fireplace look nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the chairs and listening to the music from the grand piano that is being played. . Very pretty shade of lavender you used in the master bed room. It looks a calming restful place for sims to sleep. It looks very nice how you have done the wall section behind the bed. The shelves look very nice! The dresser with the jewellery, beauty products and small plant on it at the foot of the bed looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the small plants through the various rooms of the house. They add nice touches. Very nice vanity! It looks nice how you have laced the mirror between the tables, and have angled the chair for sims to sit on to look at their appearance. The dining room is very nice. The larger glass dining table looks great, and nice shade of blue and patterns you have used. It looks great how you have a study desk area under the stairs. Nice wall pattern that you have used in the bathroom. The bath tub curtained window alcove looks nice. Nice dusky pink shade of colour that you used in the child's bedroom. It looks great how you have placed the model house and table underneath the bunk bed. It looks nice how you have created the shelves alcove beside the bed, and have done the shelves on the other wall. Child sims will have fun using the toy stove and reading in their own room. Nice homely seat that you have placed for them to sit and read on . Very nice furnishing of the nursery. It looks great how you have done the cot alcove and placed the curtains in front of it.. The toys on the floor look cute. Nice wall pattern and shade of blue that you have used there. Nice to have the rocking chair in the corner for parent sims to sit in and rock whilst holding their little child in their arms. It looks great how you have done the dresser and shelves alcove. Great laundry. The clothes rack and towels look great here. Very nice shade of blue that you used in the kitchen. Great design of the kitchen. The eat in bar counter looks great. It is a very nice home!
    Adam Parker is a very nice sim. :) He has great traits. Great creating of him.
    The Venue is a very nice place for our sims to enjoy visiting to enjoy eating some nice tasty food and to have a drink. :) The exterior design of it looks great! It looks great how you have done the windows. The brickwork looks great. Nice to have the seat benches outdoors. Very nice furnishing of the interior. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the dining room. It looks great how you have set up the tables and chairs for sims to eat at. It is great that you have the industrial kitchen oven in the build for sims to enjoy ordering their meals and getting them delivered to them. Nice pictures on the walls. Great layout of the dining room area. It looks nice how you have used the pillars to separate off the barista bar alcove area and the bar area. Sims will enjoy choosing what theywould like to eat or drink. The floral mats under the tables look pretty. Very nice upper level area. The sofa seating area looks very nice for sims to sit and relax on.
    A very nice home, a great place for sims to enjoy dining, and a very nice sim! :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2013
    That is the exact same lot I chose build my Tall Cool Wonder lot on. It is a great location and an awesome build for it. You did a great job and your giftee will be very, very excited to know this was built specifically for him or her.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    WOW! You have been busy! :D 2 lovely builds and a handsome sim too! :D The Dainty looks amazing! Love the towers and how you have used the MOO cheat to add that decoration on the tower tops. The landscaping and interiors looks so pretty. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: Also recommended your restaurant! Lovely contemporary build. Loving the brick! Your sim is very handsome and I like his traits too. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    OK, well... in anticipation of Roaring Heights, I have had a plan to attempt (I'm saying attempt, because I am SO not good with create-a-sim!) to make my very own Marilyn Monroe Sim.

I've done a lot of research, finding out her favorite colors, foods, music and much more. I tried to keep her clothes in a style that I like personally, but also true to who Marilyn was (as far as I know).
    A few fun facts:

Marilyn's favorite colors were red, white, black and beige.
    She loved a good steak, a lamb chop or a liver - and carrots!
    Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra were some of her favorite singers.
    Marilyn was born on June 1st, so a very, very typical Geimini.

I've tried to get as close to these things as I could with my Sim's likes and such.

Picture I have attempted to base her face on:

marilyn-monroe-beauty-lessons-perfect-cat-eye.jpg

Pictures of her from Create-A-Sim:

arfh.jpg

kbw5.jpg

69ab.jpg

5ba0.jpg

qemn.jpg

xq6f.jpg

daq4.jpg

I could not let her sleep in Chanel Nr. 5 due to the game and website being PG rated ;). But I think I picked great sleepwear for this gorgeous lady of mine.

So without further ado, here she is.

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7855492

Name: Marilyn Simroe.

Zodiac: Gemini.
    Traits: Charasmatic, Diva, Over-Emotional, Flirty, Star Quality.
    LTW: Superstar Actor.

I hope you'll all enjoy her, I know I will love getting her the LTW she wants in Roaring Heights!

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Your simversion of Marilyn Monroe looks great! :) You have captured how she looks very well! It looks great how you have done her face and hair. Great choice of traits for her. Marilyn Simroe is a very nice sim!