Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collections

Is there a way to organize your Custom content into Collections without having to go through every single item in Buy/Build Mode in the game--without using mods or anything else of that nature? If so, how do I do it? I also don't really want to download any premade sorters or whatever they're called I just want a cut and dry way to make collections using the files that I already have, if at all possible.
Thanks
Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel

Comments

• 10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Welcome to the Forums. As far as I know, you can't do that without going through all of the Items.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for answering. I found this: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Sims+3+Folder+Contents+FAQ

It says you can but I have no clue how. I'm so frustrated at this point I don't even know.
  • Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    edited February 2013
    I may be wrong, but I thought I remember seeing something to click to see only Custom Content. Now I'll have to go look.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have a little trick that I use before I install the CC. I do it with the Smis3pack files.

I put a prefix in name of the file before I install them and then when I want to find them in the Document folder I know what they are. Then it's easier for me to find them if they are corrupt or I don't want them any more. On the mac it was a bit easier because I could color the files and then file them by color.

not so on the PC,but the prefix really helps.
    edited February 2013
    Sparkysim2 wrote:
    I may be wrong, but I thought I remember seeing something to click to see only Custom Content. Now I'll have to go look.

If you're talking about in the game, there is a filter but I had so much content that I still couldn't remember what went with what. I actually deleted everything about a week ago and now I'm starting over. I got some bad CC from the Exchange when I downloaded a pre-made Sim. It showed a nude bottom half (not detailed but still a little disturbing since I have two sons under 10 that may see that). Anyway, since I'm starting over with the CC, I wanted to be more organized if at all possible.
    edited February 2013
    I have a little trick that I use before I install the CC. I do it with the Smis3pack files.

I put a prefix in name of the file before I install them and then when I want to find them in the Document folder I know what they are. Then it's easier for me to find them if they are corrupt or I don't want them any more. On the mac it was a bit easier because I could color the files and then file them by color.

not so on the PC,but the prefix really helps.

Pretend I'm dumb...LOL. Could you elaborate a little. I'm still fairly new to this whole Simming thing, well more or less the Custom Content and tech side of things.

Also, something that may help someone else I have a backup folder of all of the downloads saved to my desktop and now I have them all sorted into sub-folders by artist or whatever. That has helped a little but it still is a complete mess in game. :):)
    Post edited by Unknown User on