Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really need to get advice about Aurora Skies, cause I have two things.....

Hi Everyone :D

I know there are so many threads about this, but I have ALOT of simpoints at the moment, it's like been given your partners wallet for the day, and with enough to not only buy Aurora Skies but another copy for a competition I wanted to start but...the thing is it's sorta already done, but I so need help with that too! I have a household of nine sims including two cats, so its seven sims in total. It is two families living together as Supernatural, with beautiful children, who by the way fairy toddler is aging up as soon as I enter the game again, it's her birthday! :D

So, I would like to know if the new world is worth buying and if so, I would like to put it as first prize also if I can get someone to build a house for my sims. I have no idea what house design I should do, I have been in a dilemma with that for two weeks. I have looked up Youtube trying to get inspiration from The Curtis Paradis Show, and nearly downloaded a lot, but he uses alot of cheats and because I like to move stuff and maybe redecorate, I feel it's not a good idea, I look at other houses on the exchange, but the house that I had in mind doesn't match the house I want. They are a huge household, they live together, yet remain as separate families and function really well together, well except Rainflower Ivy and Alexa Burt, they hate each other :twisted:

I was going to press on it and buy it, and I know I wanted to do another competition for the above said. So if I can get thoughts on the world, how it plays etc, because it's alot of points, and I don't want to waste money. Yep I see some good aspects of it, but the world doesn't look very big, and is there room to expand and put extra stuff from other worlds there? How many 64x64 lots are there and is there much room to make more? Like moonlight Falls? I would love to know all that, because the first thing I do before I even start playing my sim, is to go into Edit town mode and I edit the life out of it :twisted:

I would appreciate any input on that too, actually more than anything, I love the edit town feature, and alot of worlds are not big enough, take Bridgeport for instance. But Moonlight falls is huge and I can do HEAPS to it. :D

Thank you for any information in advance! :)
FEvr1sR.gif

Comments

• Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited February 2013
    Can't help you with information about the world.

I just like to drop it on simmers heads.

Heheheee.......

Snickersssss......

PUPPY POWER. :evil: :twisted:
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited February 2013
    8) Hi Christine, I have AS and I can honestly say it is spectacular hon and there are many 64x64 as well as 50x50 lots. I am entering my game now, so give e a few minutes and I will et exact stats for you ok? I have np problem building you a lot at all, but would it be possible for me to have it gifted to someone else if I were to win? be back in a few ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't help. I talked myself out of getting it, for reasons that probably don't need to be gotten into right now. Point being, all I can do is give you a bump and hope somebody who can help you will see this. Good luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited February 2013
    I will head in game and get the info for you

Hugs
    Amby
  • Options
    SimsAreSweetSimsAreSweet Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't help you either, I don't have AS yet :lol:

But, what I wanted to say is, that I think the idea for your contest sounds awesome! House Building contests always do really good, and I think making one that's for so many family members, and supernatural members will be quite challenging!
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    gr1zzly wrote:
    Can't help you with information about the world.

I just like to drop it on simmers heads.

Heheheee.......

Snickersssss......

PUPPY POWER. :evil: :twisted:

If this means what I think it means you're one dangerous puppy!
    I'd also like to say that was very sweet of you and I'm sure the OP will be very happy with their new gift. ^-^

I can't wait to get back home and into my game to explore the world, I haven't managed to play it properly yet as I was sidetracked with a build, and now work... :lol:
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry, I can't answer your questions regarding the world as I do not have it!

BUT, SimsVip has a guide for that world here, just click the Aurora Skies tab.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't help you either, I don't have AS yet :lol:

But, what I wanted to say is, that I think the idea for your contest sounds awesome! House Building contests always do really good, and I think making one that's for so many family members, and supernatural members will be quite challenging!

It would definitely be a challenge. Especially trying to make all of the rooms fit each sim's personality. It sounds like it would be fun though. :-)

Edit: As for your question I'm afraid I can't help you since I don't have AS. I hope someone can find the information for you!
  • Options
    SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited February 2013
    LOL Gr1zzy, your posts always make me laugh! Those worlds must be hard for such a little puppy to throw! Love that you flattened such awesome targets! :mrgreen:

christinebremner, sorry, I'm no help, either, I haven't played it. But hopefully someone will come along soon that has it. Nice to meet you! Lovely that you want to do a contest to give it away. What kind of help are you looking for with your contest?

If you can't decide on a style, you can always leave it open for the entrants to decide. You will get a nice mix that way, and you might really love something you never would have thought of asking for :D

I don't think I have seen you around hosting other competitions.(if you have been, sorry!!) But here is a link to a great post that helped me greatly when making a contest
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/327785.page

and here's another great post with lots of help
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/573277.page

Let me know if I can help!
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited February 2013

I'd also like to say that was very sweet of you and I'm sure the OP will be very happy with their new gift. ^-^

I can't wait to get back home and into my game to explore the world, I haven't managed to play it properly yet as I was sidetracked with a build, and now work... :lol:

Nope doesn't mean that. No more points this month. :x :cry::(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gr1zzly wrote:

Aww, poor puppy :( **cuddles puppy**
    I think you did enough damage, anyway! LOL
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh thank you for the response! I was in game and pulling pranks with my fairy and you know how sometimes THAT turns out :twisted:

Okay this sounds pretty cool, and pictures look great, and the info on size lots is great because that's what I really look for as well. :D

Grizz1y I saw that reply and I was a bit nervous LOL :twisted: Evil puppies, OMG i need one for my sims :twisted:

It's sounds really good, I have been so up in arms about it, and the world is sooo appealing! Thank you for sharing lot sizes and everyone's great advice.

As for the competition, I have had this in mind for around two weeks, since I realized these families needed a huge change, all 5 star celebrities, high level singers, magicians, werewolf toddlers just been adorable, and lovely little Kayla, my main sims daugher. :) I'm in love with this particular game but as for houses? I have no ideas, but my concept of what I want is there. Just can't get that image out, and put it on the grid. I do try, I have bulldozed at least three houses now, so it's a massive challenge :shock: And Aurora Skies to me seems like a fitting first prize as I will be moving them into the house. :D

Okay I going to have a think, and see how I can do this competition. Alot of sims, all with traits I'm sure you will find suits the household well, even the toddlers. The cats just aged up too, they have alot of traits also to list. So you think this will be a good contest? I will have second and third prize, but not as elaborate as first prize, which will be Aurora Skies, whatever edition as well I might add :D

Hugs back to everyone and this kind of help really makes it's easier for me to do both of these things :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow that's a big family! Every time I let my sim have more than 1 or 2 kids, I always wonder what the heck I was thinking.

Trying to build a big house for your family could be fun though.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited February 2013
    8) ok here is the run down give or take a few I may have missed or doubled, as my eyes were buggy :P

occupied residential
    64x64 = 2
    50x50 = 2
    50x25 = 1
    40x40 = 3
    40x20 = 1
    30x30 = 4
    25x25 = 2
    25x35 = 3
    20x40 = 2
    20x30 = 2

unoccupied residential
    64x64 = 1
    40x40 = 2
    30x30 = 2
    25x50 = 1
    25x25 = 2
    20x30 = 2
    20x25 = 2

occupied community
    64x64 = 4
    64x32 = 2
    50x50 = 5
    50x25 = 1
    40x40 = 9
    35x25 = 1
    30x30 = 5
    30x20 = 4
    25x50 = 2
    20x30 = 3

empty lots
    64x64 = 2
    50x50 = 1
    50x21 = 1
    35x25 = 1
    30x30 = 1
    20x30 = 3
    20x20 = 3

Now this isn't exact in saller lots no doubt as I was seeing double by the end, so ay have clicked a few twice or missed 1 or 2 ;) hope this helps you

super squishy hugz
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @Tnt_Terry :D

Thank you so much for that info! Now I can see what kind of lots there are and what I can place, not to mention actually looking at it and going for the edit town spree!! lol :D I really appreciate that, it does look roomy and lots of lots to add from other worlds! :D yay! :D

I know about the cool stuff like the hot air balloon and the day care centre AND all the cool new toddlers stuff, and knowing that the lot sizes are something I could work with, is extremely appealing now! :D Gives Terry a high five! :lol:

Even if you think you missed or doubled, this kind of info is defo making my mind up, and truly a worthy prize for the competition. :D

Okay I'm going to go and get a headshot of my main sim, and give you a quick run down on her only. The rest will I will include with the new thread I will make later once I have all the sims pictures and info and small storyline about them. I started with one sim and added from there. And the storyline progression on them has been really cool, including a major part about the loss of the Eternally faithful moodlets caused by magic. I love this storyline, but havent played it because of this dilemma with the house, and I want to carry it on in a new spot in moonlight falls, preferably near the beach, either 50x50 lot or 64x64. Either across the road from the beach or pretty much on top of it. You know a house that matches that scenery.

I will be back and once again you are all fabulous and Tnt_Terry thank you again for taking the time to get all that info for me. Much appreciated I can assure you. *hugs) :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited February 2013
    gr1zzly wrote:

...so the puppy is admitting vulnerability? Really? How very interesting... :twisted:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gr1zzly wrote:

...so the puppy is admitting vulnerability? Really? How very interesting... :twisted:

I am keeping an eye out too, as I am now becoming a target for gifting :lol: The only way for me to deal with that is immediate and swift retaliation! And I been looking the last half hour at WL's so it's fair game in my opinion. lol :twisted:
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Okay I got into the household I have been putting off because of the house problem.

Meet Lola FaeMagic. Lola is a young adult fairy who came to Moonlight Falls 51 weeks and 6 days ago. She was a single sim, all on her lonesome, but soon found friends. Her best friends at the time was Bianca Crumplebottom, and hung out quite alot. But things changed when she became a top Alchemist and then started to play with the Philosopher's stone, and from the calling the Netherworld, she bought Alexa Burt back. They became fast friends, best of friends to the point Alexa would literally set people on fire at her free will for her. Alexa loves Lola very much, thankful too for the second chance she may just have for dying so young from the Mummy curse. Lola was also going to help, but thats part of the story I have yet to make a create a story.
    Then she met Rainflower Ivy at work, after joining the music career, they could not contain it any longer....they were deeply in love. He moved in with her and they married but I will not spoil anymore of the story as its quite cool. I will link it when I complete it. :D Alexa was lonely and that's where Chester Swain comes into this whole thing. They met, and fell head over heals for each other, but they have a twist I won't reveal either. (will spoil the drama aspect of it :twisted: )

The rest of the story as I said I will link, but here she is, Lola with all her traits.

screenshot_original.jpg

To look at her, you wouldn't think she has these traits :twisted: But they work well with the environment and the people she mingles with.

Traits

Brave
    Evil
    Good Sense of Humor
    Diva
    Party Animal

Current Career - Level 8 Singer :D

I hope you like her, and can already imagine what the house environment is like. I will say that they work as a team looking after each others babies/toddlers, and Bonehilda has been a dream for this household. So...after much consideration, I have decided to hold a second contest, just for my awesome sims :D I feel great about this :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited February 2013
    gr1zzly wrote:

:twisted:

*Does happy dance*

Well I guess now everyone can get ya puppy without you snapping at us :twisted:
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited February 2013
    christinebremner, your sim is so pretty! I hope she and the rest of the household get a great new home out of your contest ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    christinebremner, your sim is so pretty! I hope she and the rest of the household get a great new home out of your contest ;)

Thank you Annita! :D Yes she is adorable to play as well. She has a good side too, but more often that not her evil traits makes her personality a little bit more interesting. :twisted: And I hope so too, I have the house hold in game now, and have gotten everything ready for Kayla's birthday:D I have to age her up, she has been like that for two weeks now LOL :twisted: So when I age her up too it will give me a better idea of the house and how I want it. And also I am letting have more babies soon, this household is going to get bigger, so have to have that in mind too :shock:

I haven't been able to come up with a second or third prize yet. The SP structure I mean, I'm going through that now. :D

Oh btw does anyone know how to take a picture of the sims in CAS? I tried ctrl+printscreen but when i put it to Paint, it comes up black? Am I doing something wrong there? Thanks again :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    She is so beautiful!! :D
  • Options
    KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited February 2013
    My thoughts on Aurora Skies.

The world really is beautiful in game. The town is on the whole wonderfully compact, so your sims can get around most places they need really quickly (on bikes if you like that sort of thing, which i do). There are a number of empty lots, 3 are 64x64 I believe, which is really handy. There are some interesting townies, and the toddler content is excellent if you like big families and/or working families.

The HAB is a bit of a disappointment. For me so are most of the clothes and hairs that come with the world, but i appear to be in the minority in that opinion. I feel its overpriced, but then so are all the store worlds.

Overall I am loving playing there, its pretty (so colorful) and easy to navigate, and as i do enjoy playing families, the toddler content is useful. I also like that there is a non rabbit hole cafe (begging to be a coffeehouse come uni life!) and a hangout, that easily became a dive bar in my game.
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited February 2013
    I love it, I think there is plenty of room for edit town mode madness. I placed the Plumb-bob pictures movie lot, one of each venue type for Showtime, and Varg's tavern. Plus there was plenty of room to put down more lots.

Thanks
    Amby
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @Sandy :)

Thank you! Lola to me is how a Supernatural fairy looks like :) Plus add a little evil and you got a awesome little fairy! :D She is maxed out on so many skills, and been queen of the fae, she can make other fairy's appear and they cannot do anything about it :D One time I got her to bring one back to her house, just to prank him. Put him in his skivvie's and sent him on his way. (most of the time she never uses it, but when she does.... :twisted: Plus she is a excellent mother and child carer, even without the family orientated one. :D

@Kat :)

Thank you for that :D The more I hear the better it sounds, and the toddlers stuff is very appealing considering the house hold :) The info is just what I needed to hear :D

@Amby316 :)

This world does sound great :) Yes it's expensive, and that's why i had to ask because I really want to make my other competition a little more exciting :D

I was convinced of the cool stuff that comes with it, and now I know the lots are good and can add as well. Aurora Skies sounds like my kind of world. :D

Oh one more question.

Does it handle the Supernatural aspect of it okay? I mean with plants, gems, and insects?
    FEvr1sR.gif